just friends

My Next-door Neighbor, Kim Jonghyun^^,

Just Friends…

Eun Jo’s POV.

We spent the day outside since the weather was good and that it wasn’t snowing that hard. It’s fairly cold so we chose to have our snowball fights.

After 3 hours, we decided that it was time to go back. We made our way to the house. I wasn’t really paying any attention… not until a hand hit my arm. Looking sideways, I realized that it was Minho’s hand. As if on cue, I looked away immediately. I don’t know but I just feel immensely awkward around him… especially after what happened earlier.

/Flashback…/

I was watching the love birds struggling to make a snow man when I felt someone tap my shoulder. Looking up, I saw Minho.

“Aren’t you going to join them?” he asked as he sat next to me. You see, I was sitting on a bench nearby a tree covered by snow.

“I don’t feel the need to. Do you?” I asked back.

“No. I’m fine here sitting with you,” he simply responded.

“You’re joking…” I answered back as I tried to smile at him. I was about to when he spoke up.

“Can we talk about us? I confessed yesterday and I wanna hear your answer,” he said. He was looking straight to my eyes.

What? I thought he was kidding right then. I thought as I looked at him.

“Eun Jo, I wanna hear it straight from you,” he said as he grabbed my hands. I was too quick ‘coz I got my hands out from his hold.

“I’m sorry, Minho,” I mumbled. You’re a great guy, really. But I consider you as my friend. We’re better off just friends. I said to myself.

“I thought so,” he muttered under his breath but I as able to hear it somehow.

You’ll find the right girl for you. I thought as I tapped him lightly on his shoulder.

/end of flashback/

***********

Annyeong! Thanks for reading! :)