What to Get?

Honey Funny Bunny

"Thanks so much again for inviting me, Joon oppa.  I really really really enjoyed it!!"  ______ said and turned to him.  "You're welcome.  I'm glad you made it.  Thanks also for the 'good luck hug'."  He said and smiled.  "No worries.  Well, I'm gonna go now, oppa.  Bye!!! Thanks again!!  And TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!"  She yelled and waved as she ran away from him and towards her Oppooh's car.


 “Hey Oppooh!”  She greeted as she climbed into the car.  “Hi, my sweets. How was the fan meeting?”  He asked and pecked her lips.  “It was….fun, Oppooh.”  ______ replied.  “I’m glad you had fun, but I bet it wasn’t as fun as a TVXQ concert, right?  Oh, by the way, I made you a burger just the way you like it coz I thought you might be hungry.  There’s a cola on your right side, too.”  Yunho pointed to a plastic bag placed near ______.


“Aaawww!  Thank you, Oppooh!  Lotsa tomatoes and onions?”  She asked and unwrapped the burger.  “Yup!  With ketchup and no mayo.”  He smiled and ______ happily took a bite.  “Yuuuumm!!! I really love your grilled burgers.  They’re the best!!!  Hmm, Oppooh.  How did your shoot go?”  She asked and took another big bite.  “We finished early so I had the time to make burgers at home.  There’s more back home if you want.”  He replied and took a bite when she brought her burger up to his lips.   He grinned when ______ wiped some ketchup from the corner of his lips with her finger.


“So tell me about the fan meet.  Did that Joon do anything to you?  Was Eunji with you all the time?  Oh, I almost forgot!  You weren’t with her when I called you!!”  He frowned upon remembering.  “Eehhh…..  Well..  *sigh* Okay, I’ll tell you something. But don’t react without me finishing first, okay Oppooh?”  She asked.   “Arasso…  Now go tell me what happened.”



After a few minutes…..


“HE WHAT?!?”  Yunho yelled and cut ______’s story telling off.  “Waaaait!!  I told you to let me finish fiiiiiirst!”  She reached over and clamped his mouth with her hand.  “Promise me you’ll listen first then I’ll take my hand off.”  She ordered and he nodded.  “Promise?”  She asked and took her hand off after he nodded.


“Okay, so back to the story, he did ask me out but right away I told him that I’m sorry I already have a boyfriend.  I felt sad though, coz I could see he’s still heartbroken of what that girl did to him.  I could tell he still loves her.  Too bad she didn’t see his worth.”  She sympathized.


“Why did he ask you out then if he still loves her??”  Yunho wondered.  “Coz I look like her so I guess he saw her in me?”  She speculated.  “Well.  The good thing is he now knows you’re taken.  I hope he won’t try to still go after you.”  He replied.  “Hmm… I don’t think he will.  We said we’re still friends and I think he’ll respect that.”  ______ assured.   “He better does.”  Yunho muttered.


They finally reached home and enjoyed two rounds of Yunho’s yummy burgers.  Then they each did their own nightly rituals and businesses.


“Baby!!!  You bought an MBLAQ lightstick????”  Yunho stomped his way to ______ and wiggled the lightstick in front of her face while pouting.  “Yes, Oppooh.  All of us had a lightstick.”  She patiently answered.  “But you should only have a TVXQ lightstick!”  He protested.  “But I also have lightsticks of other groups, Oppooh.”  She rationalized.  “EXACTLY!!  You already have a lot so you don’t need this one!”  He exclaimed.  ______ could only sigh.


“I may not need it but I want to have one for myself, Oppooh.  Alright?  Don’t worry, I like yours the most.   No.  I love yours!”  She praised.  “Really???”  He asked to be sure, like a kid.  “Yes, really.  Now go to bed and rest now, Oppooh.  I’ll just finish these order forms then I’ll go to bed soon.”  She pecked his cheek and gently took her MBLAQ lightstick from his hand.  “Okay.  Hurry up!”  He commanded.  She nodded and went back to her laptop to finish her business.


After half an hour, ______ joined Yunho on the bed. 


“What happened to the lightstick?”  Yunho asked.  “It joined its new family.”  ______ replied, referring to her box of lightsticks.  “It should be placed under all the lightsticks…”  He suggested.  “What, buried deep?  Keke… You’re really funny and childish sometimes, Oppooh.”  She commented and slightly laughed. 


“Hmph.  Let’s just go to sleep.  Goodnight, my dear baby.”  Yunho hugged her and kissed her temple.  “Alright, goodnight my dear Oppooh.”  And she did the same to him.


But unknown to Yunho, there’s something lingering on ______’s mind because of what happened this morning.  She was thinking about it and still wasn’t asleep.


“Oppooh??”  She called softly.  “Hmm?”  Yunho responded but his eyes were still closed.  “Are you still awake?”  She asked.  “Mmm-hmm…  Why?”  He opened his eyes to look at her.  “Nothing…”  She buried her face on his shoulder.


“Is there something wrong, sweets?”  He questioned.  “Nothing…  Uh… I.. was just uh… I-I was wondering i-if.. how Joon oppa is now.  Maybe I should just go text him.  Right.  That’s all.  Goodnight, Oppooh.  Sorry for disturbing you.”  She lied because what’s bothering her mind is quite..embarrassing.  But she really is worried about Joon.


“Are you worried about him?  Come on, sweets.  He’s already a big guy.  He can handle it.  Go to sleep, okay?”  He tried to convince her but she was already sending Joon a text message.  “But I can’t help but to feel guilty, Oppooh.  And I didn’t even hug him to comfort him or something.”  Now, ______ is already telling him the truth, but it’s still not what’s on her mind.


“If you hugged him, he might think he had a chance or he might’ve gotten too emotional and kissed you, which is forbidden.  It’ll be another world war if that happens.”  He muttered.  “You always exaggerate things, Oppooh.  Kekekeke!!!” ______ giggled.


“Now, tell me what really is on your mind.”  Yunho said softly.  “Huh?”  ______ asked, surprised.  “Baby, we’ve been together for almost three years.  Don’t you think I should already know you by now?”  He raised an eyebrow.


“Well….  I was just wondering……how do you manage?”  She asked and hid her face.  “What do you mean?  Manage what?”  Yunho asked.  “You know….that.”  She hinted.  “What ‘that’???”  He asked, totally confused.  “Ugh.. Nevermind, Oppooh.  It’s nothing..  Goodnight!”  She said and turned her back on Yunho.


“Heeeyyyy….  Come on, tell me.  You know you can tell me anything.  Yaaaah…”  He whined and shook her until she faced him again.  “Okay… Okay!  How.. how do you manage when you know… you get….?”  She squeaked and hid her face once again.  Yunho stared at his girlfriend with wide eyes, clearly dumbfounded with her question.  “So???”  She asked again, voice muffled.


“Baby.. I’m not telling you how but I can manage.  Don’t worry.  Now forget about it and let’s go to sleep.”  He replied awkwardly and blushed.  “But I wanna know how….you don’t have another girl, do you????”  She accused.  “OF COURSE NOT!!!!  I can manage by myself, thankyouverymuch.”  He scoffed.


“Ehhh?  But how?”  She further asked.  “I’m not telling you that, baby!  I’ll just tell you when we get married.”  Then he put his hand over her eyes to close them.  “But who said I’m gonna get married to you?”  She asked making Yunho gasp. 


“Why??  Don’t you wanna get married to me?????”  Yunho asked sounding upset.  “Oppooh, you haven’t even asked me yet.”  She reasoned.  “But I just want to know, will you marry me in the future?”  He asked, hopeful. 


“Is that a proposal?”  She asked with an eyebrow raised. 


“Uhm, sort of?”  He said sheepishly.


“So that’s already your proposal????” 


“I just want to knooooow…..”  Yunho whined and kicked his legs.


“No fair!  You didn’t even answer my question.”


“I told you, I’ll tell you when we’re married already.  So marry me?”  He asked again.

"If you're seriously asking me to marry you right now, as in right now, right this moment, then yes, I will."  She finally answered with a smile.

"I'm so glad, baby!"  Yunho exclaimed and hugged her tightly.  "Now let's go to sleep now, okay?  I love you."  He said before ______ remembers her question.  Thankfully, she seemed to have forgotten it already and fell asleep with a smile on her face.

 

Two days later....

"Aarrgh.. Come on, Taeminnie pick up the phone!!"  She grumbled as she heard the continued ringback tone of Taemin's phone.  She was calling Taemin because he was supposed to to join/help her to search for the perfect birthday gift for her Yunho oppa today.  She already told him the night before and he agreed.  The problem is today, Taemin's currently missing in action.

"Aaarrrghh.."  She grumbled again and stomped her foot. 

"What's up???"  Changmin, who came into the dressing room, asked when he saw her frowning face.  She looked up, startled and looked past him.

"Where's Oppooh?"  She inquired. 

"Still rehearsing.  So what's up?"  Changmin asked again.

"Waaah... Oppa, Taemin's missing and he's supposed to help me look for my birthday gift for Oppooh today."  She complained and pouted.  Changmin smirked as an idea formed in his head. 

"I know what could be the perfect gift for Yunho hyung."  He announced with a wicked smile on his face.

"Really, really, you do Oppa?  Will you help me?"  She asked with her eyes pleading up at Changmin.

"Of course.  With or without Taemin.  If you want, we can go right after rehearsals."  He answered.

"Yeeey! Thanks!! Oppooh thinks I have gym today.  So I'm all set.  But what about you, oppa?"  She wondered.

"Don't worry about me.  I can handle it."  Changmin assured.

 

3 hours later...

"Oh, Changmin oppa!! Why are we here at the mall?  Won't you be recognized?"  ______ panicked while Changmin parked the car.

"Aish!! Do you really think  I'd go out there without a disguise?!"  Changmin asked.

"Sorry."  She meekly replied, mentally slapping herself for being dumb.  The truth is, she's really nervous about Changmin's idea of a gift.  She noticed his smile from earlier and it actually creeped her out.  But she brushed it aside, trusting Changmin that he could really give her the perfect present for her Oppooh.

They were walking towards the entrance of the mall when suddenly Taemin called.

Taemin:  Noonie!!!!  I'm so sorry for being late and not answering your calls!  Our recording got delayed.  Anyway, we're all done.  Where should I meet you up?

______:  Taeminnie!!! Actually, I'm already with Changmin oppa here at South Mall.  But it would be better if you join us!

T:  Great!  We're just blocks away from South Mall.  I'll be there soon, Noonie!! Noonie I missed you so much!!

_:  I missed you too, Minnie.  Alright, I'll wait for you here at the entrance, okay?  Don't forget to wear your disguise!!!!!!!

T:  Sure noonie!! See yah!

 

"Changmin oppa, Taeminnie will be joining us.  Is it okay if I wait for him for a few minutes here?  You may go ahead wherever then when he comes, we'll just meet up."  _____ told Changmin.

"Oh, I'll wait here with you."  He replied.

"You sure?"  She asked and he nodded.

A few minutes passed and they recognized SHINee's van outside.  A slim figure with beanie and shades stepped down and walked towards the entrance.  _____ smiled when he entered.

"NOONIEEEEEE!!!!!!"  Taemin half yelled when he saw his beloved noona.

"SSSSHHH!!"  ______ hushed the younger boy as they hugged each other.  "Don't attract attention to yourself, Taeminnie!"  She scolded but smiled afterwards. 

"Hey hyung!!"  Taemin greeted and waved cutely at Changmin.  The older one nodded with a small smile in reply. 

"So, let's go?"  Changmin said and they headed off.

 

"Oooh!!! Let's go in there!!!"  Taemin squealed when they passed by a store selling cute little things.  "Or there too!!!  And there as well!!"  He excitedly pointed to a mall's wing full of stores selling....cute stuff.  "Come on, let's go there noonie!!!!"  He dragged her to a store, making ______ excited as well after seeing little knick knacks here and there.

"______!!!!  FOCUS!!!"  Changmin yelled and rolled his eyes after sighing.  This won't work if Taemin's here.  I should have seen this coming.  He thought and wanted to slap his forehead with his stupidity. 

 "Yah, ______!!  Do you really think Yunho hyung will appreciate anything from these stores?  These kiddy girly stuff?"  He asked her once he reached them.  Taemin nodded at once while ______ looked away, knowing he's right.  The truth is, she feels somewhat safer with Taemin rather than with Changmin.  She remembered his different smile from earlier and shuddered.\

"Now, come on and come WITH ME.  Taemin, if you want, you can stay here and look around.  Then I'll just buy it for you.  Me and _____ will be gone for a while, okay?"  He told the giddy Taemin, whose eyes were already glued to the stuff placed on the shelves of the store. 

"Okay, hyung.  Bye."  He replied without even looking away.  Changmin smirked and pulled the frozen ______ outside and towards the escalator.

"Where are we going, Oppa?"  She asked but received no reply.  Changmin just kept pulling her until they stopped in front of a sassy store.  She looked at the items inside and gasped.  "OPPAAAAAAA!!!!!!  WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE??  NO WAY!!!"

"What?!  It's something new, right?  I thought you mentioned before that you don't know what to give hyung for his birthday because he already has everything?  So now..."  He paused and pushed ______ towards the store.  "...there's your answer!!  Think about it.  I'm right."  He said and imaginarily patted his shoulder when he saw her face slowly agreeing to his suggestion.

"But...how will he see it?"  She shyly whispered while they looked around.  Samples and samples were on display and she been blushing, feeling awkward in a place like this.  She had never entered one and she couldn't believe she agreed with her Changmin oppa.

"How about that one?"  Changmin asked, breaking her thoughts.  She looked to where he was pointing at and her eyes widened.  "U-Uh, n-no Oppa.  Do we really have to get the present here?  Can't we just buy something else?  Like, a watch or something?"  She asked hopefully.  Unfortunately, Changmin shook his head.

"I'm sure Yunho hyung will appreciate this much more.  Don't you think so?"  Changmin asked.  ______ thought about it and what happened a few days ago.  She loves Yunho very much but she wasn't sure if she's ready for this kind of.....thing yet.  But like what Changmin had told her, what else could she give him?  Everything is within his reach.  He could buy anything with just a snap of his fingers.  She sighed defeatedly.

"Let's just get this over with then, oppa."  She finally said.

 

Eve of Yunho's birthday

"Oppooh!!  Tomorrow's your birthday, already!!"  ______ exclaimed as she flopped down on their bed.  Yunho has his free day tomorrow except in the evening, when he would be having his birthday fanmeet at Sangmyung Art Center.  He was drying his hair with a towel and pouted at her.

"Another year older...."  He grumbled and she giggled. 

"Grumpy gramps!!!  Grumpy gramps!!!!  GRUMPY GRAAAAAMPS!"  She teased and hid under the covers when he flicked his wet hair at her. 

"You're mean tonight." He said and stomped towards her.  _____, who sensed she's in danger, hurriedly stood up and ran away laughing before he could even put down his towel.

"Fine, leave me!"  He shouted and muttered, "Grumpy gramps....  That girl!  Aish!"

______ waited for a few minutes before daring to poke her head inside the bedroom.  She found him already lying down on the bed with his back facing the door.  She quietly tiptoed and slowly hovered over him to peek at his face.  Is he asleep already?

"Why are you staring at me?"  Yunho suddenly asked making her immediately stand up straight.

"O-Oh!  I thought you were asleep already."  She answered and then layed down beside him.

"Hmph!  I should be, I'm a grumpy gramps as you said... hmph!"  He replied and turned his back on her.

"Waaah, Oppooh, are you mad??"  She asked and shook his shoulder but he didn't reply.  "Waaah, Oppooh.  I'm sorry.  If you're a grumpy gramps then I'm a grinny granny....."  She said and Yunho couldn't help but smile. 

"AH!! YOU'RE SMILING!!!"  She cheered and poked his cheek.  He opened his eyes and saw her peering at him. 

"I couldn't help it.  I just imagined you grinning with no teeth!! Kekeke!!!"  He laughed and turned around again.  This time, to face her.

"Meanie~"  She said and slapped his arm. 

Suddenly, his phone started beeping nonstop.  He checked it as birthday greetings started coming.

"It's February 6 already!!  HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YUNHO OPPAAAAAAAA!!!!"  She greeted excitedly and gave him a bear hug and 4 pecks on his lips and the 5th one, a long kiss.  It has been her tradition to do that to him whenever it's his birthday. 

"Thank you, my baby.  I love you."  he said and hugged her tighter and kissed her forehead.

"I love you too, Oppooh.  Now check your messages first."  She said and they let go of each other.  Yunho did as he was told while she read fics again on her iTouch while waiting for him to finish.  Once he did, she turned to him.

"Oppooh, how do you want to wake up tomorrow?"  She asked.

"Hmm?  What do you mean, sweets?"  He asked back.

"Well, do you want to wake up on your own or do you want me to wake you up with food or something...."  She replied.

"Hmmm.... I'll go with....'wake me up with something'."  He jokingly answered and she smiled. 

"Okay, then!  I will!  Now let's go to sleep or else your fans will see your eyebags.  Goodniight my dear, Oppooh.  Happy birthday, I love you."  She smiled sweetly at him and he gazed at her eyes lovingly.

"Thank you, sweets.  Nado saranghae.  Goodnight."  He greeted back with a kiss and they entered his birthday dreamland.

 

 

[A/N]Sorry for the late update!! I hope you like this one.  Ill be posting the next chapter hopefully, tonight! :)

COMMENT REPLIES will be posted on the next chappie. :)

ENJOY!