Then and Now

Honey Funny Bunny

 

Hmm, I wonder what oppa's plans are for tomorrow.

I started making pasta because I don't really know how to cook anything else.  Pasta is easy yet it's heavy for dinner.  I set the table but not forgetting oppa's multivitamins and red ginseng.  I could hear oppa snoring.

I went to the couch and gently shook him.  "Oppa! Wakey, wakey! It's dinner time!" I sat down on the couch and looked at his face.  I sighed.  There are dark circles under his eyes and lines on his forehead.  He's been stressed for a long time now.  Ever since the misunderstanding that happened within DBSK, the splitting of the group, the long hiatus, and the preparation for the comeback of a now 2-members-only-group DBSK.

I sighed again.  With everything that had happened, he slightly changed.  He's not as cheerful as he used to be during the times when they were still 5.  Lately, people who'd look at him would think that he's this scary and serious man.  Sure he laughs and would sometimes joke around but behind those smiles, I could see sadness.  He longed for the presence of those 3 missing members.  I could tell it bothers him greatly even though he tries to hide it, even from me.  I know he misses them a lot. And I miss my other oppas too.

I lightly rubbed his forehead upwards.  Even up to now, he still worries about them.  How they are doing, if they're okay, if they're happy.  It's not just because he was the leader of the group.  It's more than that.  It's the friendship and bonding they had built among them.  He's hurt by what had become of DBSK and that hurts me too.  Sometimes, I feel like oppa regarded everything that had happened as a nightmare and wishes to wake up from this horrible dream as soon as possible. 

I've seen him together with the 4 other members.  He deeply took care of them.  He would make sure everybody's okay before thinking of himself.  He wasn't a selfish leader.  And if the other oppas would or would be playfully mean to him, he'd just laugh it off.  He never took their jokes personally and he just let them do what they wanted to do. 

I sighed again as I traced his dark circles and slightly frowning lips with my finger.  My heart ached to see him like this.  But I know  all I could do for him is to support him, encourage him and be always there for him.  Oppa, I wish you'll be trully happy soon.

He woke up from my touch and smiled at me. "Oppa, let's go eat.  I cooked dinner." I smiled back at him and tried to forget my thoughts earlier.  "Eh? YOU cooked dinner? Are you sure it's dinner?" He teased me as I took his hand and led him to the dining table.  We both sat down and I took the lid off the pasta.  His eyes widened.  "Whoa! You cooked this?" I nodded and put some on his plate.  I watched him in anticipation as he oh-so-slowly twirled his fork in the pasta.  He slowly lifted it up, ate and chewed w/ this facial expression:

    

I raised my eyebrows.  "What? How is it?" I asked as he swallowed the pasta.  He didn't say anything and just looked at me without answering and smiled:

  

"Opppaaa! There you are again with your teasing! And what the heck does that smile mean?!" I whined and tasted the pasta.  It tastes good! How could oppa not like it!? He laughed and said, "It's delicious! Now you can be a wife." I blushed at his comment.  "Haha." I said sarcastically and we just continued eating.

I remembered Taeminnie's phone call. "Oh! By the way oppa, Taeminnie called earlier.  He asked me if I wanna come with them tomorrow to an amusement park. You told me you have work tomorrow, right? So can I go?" He swallowed. "But tomorrow's another performance! Aren't you supposed to be with me?" I pouted.  "But oppa, your performance is at night.  I'm sure by that time, I'll be already with you." He shook his head and swallowed another mouthful of pasta.  "Amusement parks, my dear, are more fun during the night. I doubt you guys will be back before sunset." Haaaish. "But oppa, I wanna goooo.  I haven't been to an amusement park in a long time.  You haven't even had the time to bring me there!" I guess my reason was reasonable enough because oppa said, "Alright, alright. Go if you want to."  Due to my excitement, I jumped up from my seat and banged my legs under the table.  It hurt a lot but I didn't care coz I was so happy. "Yeeeeeeeeey! Ouch! Hahahaha!" I exclaimed like crazy.  "Thanks oppa!!" I stood up and started to gather the dishes. "Thanks oppa!!" He mimicked me. I giggled.

After putting the dishes in the sink, I sent a text message to Taeminnie:

To: Taeminnie ^^,

Minnie, Oppa sed I cud go w/ u guys 2m! :)

To: Noonie-noonie

Rily? Yey! ^_^ We'll pick u up 2m at 6:30am! Sleep early, noonie. C yah!

To: Taeminnie ^^,

Shux, y so early? T_T K fine, c yah!

To: Noonie-noonie

D earlier, d better! Gudnyt! ;)

To: Taeminnie ^^,

Ack! Gudnyt! Zzzz.

 

"Gaaaaaah! Why so early?!" I complained. "Why? What time?" He asked as we started cleaning the dishes.  "They'll pick me up at 6:30." He laughed.  "Goodluck with that! I won't wake you up so rely on your alarm.  I need my precious sleep before the performance. By the way, who's going w/ you and Taemin?" I thought for a second. "Taeminnie mentioned Sungmin oppa. So maybe those two and SHINee. I don't know, actually." He splashed water at me. "WHAT! So you're the only girl!? Call Taemin up, tell him you won't go anymore." I frowned at him. "No way! Oppa, you agreed already! Besides, what could they do to me? They're so afraid of you.  And i'm one of the boys, remember?" We argued for a while until I convinced him again. Hehe, my charm never fails!

I started making sandwiches for tomorrow as oppa went upstairs to go online. After an hour, I finished making snacks for tomorrow and then prepared to go to sleep.

I saw oppa reading on the bed w/ his back against the headboard as I entered the bedroom.  I crawled on the bed and laid down on my side of the bed, the one against the wall.  I put my arm around him, "Thanks again, oppa! I'm so so so excited for tomorrow! I can't wait!!! I made snacks so we wouldn't be hungry. Heehee!" I beamed up at him.  He closed the book, switched off the bedside lamp and laid down too.  He smiled a small smile at me and poked my nose. "So you better sleep now, baby. You need to have lotsa energy for tomorrow." I nodded and closed my eyes.  And within minutes, we both fell asleep.

 

[A/N] Hello! Sorry for not updating yesterday. :( I celebrated Yunho oppa's bday by watching their old vids. Heehee! How about you guys? How was your weekend?

Hello to my 19 subscribers, lol! ^_^

Sorry if my story is quite boring, I promise something big will happen in the next few chapters. Omooo!!! I'm excited to write it. <3

@ chillyshia - You're welcome! :) Thanks too for always reading my updates. :)

@ VivanLuvDBSK - Hehe, glad you enjoyed it!