1 Day to Go... Pt1

Honey Funny Bunny

The next morning, I was surprised because Oppa was beside me, still sleeping.  I looked at the clock, 9am.  "OPPA! Wake up!"  He groaned.  "Wae?  I don't have schedule this morning."  Oops.  "Oh.  Sorry oppa."  He didn't reply because he's already back asleep. 

Since I had nothing to do anyway, I slid back under the blankets and tried to fall asleep again but for some reason, I couldn't.  It's like sleepiness suddenly left me.  So I carefully got up and went online.

I checked my twitter account and found a direct message from Jay Park.

@jaybumaom:  Hey, Sun.  Are you excited for tomorrow? Is your number still the same? :)

 

I raised my eyebrow.  He called me Sun, his pet name for me.  He said I bring 'sunshine' to his life.  I tweeted him a reply.

Yes oppa, Im excited! Yup, number's still the same.

 

After a couple of minutes, my phone rang.  Jay oppa's calling.  I immediately answered it, afraid the ringtone might wake oppa up and quietly went outside the bedroom.

Me: Yobeosaeyo?

JP:  Good morning, my sun! 

M:  *blush and cringe*  Err, good morning too, Jay oppa.  That was fast! *silence* So, uhm... Why did you call? 

JP:  Nothing, I just wanna see how you're doing.  There's nothing wrong with that, right?

M:  *sighs*  Oh.. Okay.. Well... I'm good.. You?

JP:  I'm good too.  Been busy lately but, I'm okay..  I'm excited for tomorrow!! I can't wait! *laughs*

M: *laughs*  I can't wait too! I can't believe we'll see our friends after so many years...  I miss those childhood days.

JP: I miss you.

M: ....

JP:  You still there? Didn't you miss me?

M:  Yeah, I'm still here.... *sighs* I miss you and everybody else.  I wonder, are they still the same after these years?  I wonder if Euna is still a neatfreak or if Joon is still addicted to video games. *laughs*

JP: *laughs*  I know, right?  Oh do you remember......

 

I'm happy i'm having this phone conversation with Jay oppa.  At least, tomorrow I wouldn't be so awkward around him.  We continued talking about memories with our friends.  Yes, I'm glad I had this phone call.

 

YUNHO'S POV

I woke up and tried to pull  ________ closer but my arm met an empty space.  I smiled.  She must have been in the kitchen again.  I stretched on the bed and looked around the room.  Hmm, ________ forgot to close her laptop.  The screensaver, which is our pictures together, is on.

I went over to it, moved the mouse and i'm faced by her twitter page.  I'm not the one who reads her messages, I don't even bother checking her phone but this time it's different because I just saw Jay Park's tweet and her reply.  It was an accident but I somehow felt uncomfortable because 1) i feel guilty and 2) i'm worried about leaving ________ with Jay.  I trust her, I do.  It's just that, I don't trust him. Not at all.

I then closed the laptop's lid and went downstairs.  I suddenly heard ________'s loud laugh.  Is she watching the television?  But there's no sound except her voice.  And then it hit me.  Is she talking with Jay on the phone?! 

I looked at the clock, 11:55am.  I quietly went to the kitchen to check if she even cooked anything.  And to my dismay, there was none.  Has she been talking with Jay all this time that she forgot to make lunch, or even breakfast?!

I went back to where she was and... eavesdropped. 

"Omo, oppa! You even remembered that?!  Awwww.. That's sweet!!!"  Great!! Now they're talking about their mushy romantic past.  I frowned some more as she giggled her heart out.

"Yeah, I loved it!  Until now, there was nothing that could compare to that."  My ears pearked up.. What could she be talking about?  Nothing that could compare to that even until now?  I'm getting scared.  Is Jay better than me?  Has she not felt loved enough?  But I did everything to be the best boyfriend!  My heart pounded as i listened some more.

"Of course I do too! I miss everything...  *pause* Yeah! I can't wait for tomorrow either!  *giggles* Alright, see you tomorrow oppa! Bye!"  I dashed to the kitchen so that she wouldn't catch me listening.

She misses everything?  What does that mean?  Does she miss Jay and their relationship?  What if she still loves himi after all these years?  He's her first love anyway, and they say that first love never dies... I gulped and suddenly imagined Jay slowly leaning towards ________'s face.  I became furious.  I want to strangle Jay to death.  How dare he comes back!!

"OPPA!"  ________ hopped towards me with a big smile on her face.  I became even more pissed when I saw her happy face because I know another guy is the reason.

"YAH!! WHERE'S FOOD? WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE LUNCH OR EVEN BREAKFAST?! DIDN'T YOU KNOW I HAVE A SCHEDULE THIS AFTERNOON?!? I DON'T WANNA BE LATE!!!"  I roared.

And to my surprise, she just giggled.  There wasn't even a trace of guilt on her face for talking with that Jay and forgetting me.

"Hmm, somebody woke up in the wrong side of the bed this morning."  She suddenly reached out and rubbed my forehead.  "Oppa, your eyebrows! They're too close together."  And she laughed again.  I just frowned at her as she sat me on a chair.  "Wait here oppa, I'll give you your lunch in a few minutes."

"Here you go oppa! Sorry if lunch was late today.."  In just less than 10 minutes, she came back and placed food in front of me.  "Where's yours?" I asked her as I noticed the food she prepared was just enough for me.  "I didn't make mine yet.  I just made yours first so that you could eat ASAP."  She smiled.  "Oh."

Now I feel bad!  I wanted her to feel guilty but I don't wanna rush her nor eat alone!  The truth is I still have a few hours to spare.  Why do I feel like what I did just backfired at me?  Haish! I wanna have lunch with her!

"Hurry up now, oppa.. I'll eat after you. What time is your schedule today?"  I put food in my mouth because she was watching me.  "1:30." I lied to put justice to my outburst .  "Omo! You better eat fast now oppa." She got up, went to the kitchen and came back with a freshly-squeezed orange juice.  Again, just a glass...for me.

"Why won't you have lunch with me?"  I asked her.  "Because you're scary today!"  She exclaimed and ran away while laughing.  "WAE?! YAH!!!"  Great.  Now I really have to eat lunch alone and get out of the house earlier than what should be.

After lunch, I started to prepare with a heavy heart.  I went over to where she was before I leave.  "Oh, you're going now, oppa? Take care! Bye!"  She kissed my cheek.  Since I'm still feeling down, I just nodded and went out.  I decided to just head over to Changmin's place.

"HYUNG! What are you doing here?  It's still early!"  I just pushed past him and sat on his couch. "I don't wanna talk about it."

We stayed there until the van picked us up to bring us to our first appearance of the day.

 

"YUNHO-YAH!  Get your act straight! Wipe that melancholic look off your face!"  Manager hyung scolded me after our 1st schedule.  "Hyung, what's wrong?" Changmin asked me.  I really don't wanna talk about it but I have a feeling I'll feel better if I at least told someone.  And so I did...to Changmin.  I told him everything.

"But hyung, isn't tomorrow the start of the reunion? And she's gonna be with Jay for 5 days, right?" Is he rubbing it in?!

"YES!" I snapped.

"Then why are you being mean to her when she'll be with him starting tomorrow?  Shouldn't you make her feel really loved today so that she won't forget you?"  I gulped.  "What do you mean?"  He shook his head.  "Haish hyung!  He is her first love!  She might fall for him again, especially after you treated her that way today.  Tomorrow after meeting Jay again, she might think that Jay's better and always sweet, even until now.  Didn't you say she was so happy after talking with Jay this morning?  You can't control someone's heart you know.  So you cannot blame her if she falls for Jay again."

"Yah! You're exaggerating!!" I tried to deny my pounding heart and nervousness.  "Hyung, I'm not!  Think about it, I have a point.  Admit it."  I refuse to admit that he's right and what he said is possible.  Recalling their love story, it'll be really easy for her to fall for Jay again.  I wanna throw up because I'm so nervous.  I need to get back to her to apologize and be sweet as soon as possible! 

"Managernim, what time is our next schedule?"  I have to get back home!  "Later at 7:30pm.  Waeyo?"  I looked at my watch: 5pm. "May I go home?  But I'll be back in time for the next schedule, I promise! Please, let me go home then I'll be better when I come back but allow me, please!" Manager just stared at me.  "Please! Just drop me off somewhere and you don't even have to pick me up afterwards, I'll go to the venue with my car!" 

I guess he saw that I wouldn't take no for an answer so he nodded and told the driver of the van to head to Changmin's house.  "Hyung! We don't have to go all the way there!  You could just drop me off at a bus stop." He frowned at me. "And be mobbed by fans?! No, thank you! I don't want a headache!!!" I laughed.  "Kamsahamnida! I promise to be better later!" I bowed.  "You better be! Now get out!" I could've hugged him out of gratefulness but he was at the front of the van.  "Kamsahamnida, Changmin-ah!"  Changmin smiled and patted my back and I got out of the van.  I bowed to them and they drove to the next venue.

I quickly got into my car and drove straight home.