I'm With You [Chapter 18]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

 

I'm With You

[Chapter 18]

 

 

 

                “AHHGG!” Kai had almost face planted into the dirt when he and Hyunjae appeared in what looks like the middle of nowhere of a forrest. Hyunjae landed flawlessly on her feet.

 

                           

 

                “Look at what you did!!” Kai said with such an upset tone as he dusted dirt off him, standing up and glaring at her.

 

                Hyunjae seemed to be uninterested to quarrel with him, she was busy observing the surrounding and trying to figure out wherever they were. “Where are we?” Her head turned left to right, ignoring Kai’s angry mumbles. “Where did you take us?” She wondered out loud.

 

                “Me?!” Kai yelled in disbelief. “How is this my fault? You grabbed my shoulder when I was about to teleport! You messed up my concentration! I should be asking you—where did you take us!?”

 

                “Is that how it works?” Hyunjae looked at him with full innocent looking eyes, like she really didn’t know what just happened. “If that’s so… then—“ It’s my fault? She thought.

 

                Tch. This girl! What is she—really! He was awestruck by her ignorance.

 

                Kai turned around at the sound of a nearby vehicle coming. “What’s that??” He started following the sound, Hyunjae followed meticulously. “That sounds like a vehicle.” They both followed the sounds until they spotted a road.

 

                           

 

                “Hey! Help we—!” Kai was about to call for help but Hyunjae had a different idea. She pulled him behind a tree and covered his mouth.

 

                What the heck are you doing!??! Kai tried to shake her off but she had a good hold.

 

                “Shush!” Hyunjae said. “Those are army trucks you idiot! We’re on the army base!”

 

                Kai froze. Army base? Those people …

 

                Hyunjae unclamped her hands off his mouth. “You go running to them and they shoot you down, do you understand what I’m saying??”

 

                Suddenly Kai’s eyes turned dangerously serious. “I understand—“ He pushed Hyunjae aside and started walking towards the road where the army trucks drove by.

 

                “H-HEY!! MORON WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?” Hyunjae followed trying to pull him back into hiding.

 

                “I’m going to make them pay for what they did to Miyoung.” Kai kept heading without hesitation.

 

                “That’s suicide you idiot! They’re going to drive bullet holes straight through your head!!” Hyunjae thought of only one solution to make him stop. She jumped on his back—coiling her legs around his waist, covering his mouth.

 

                 Get off me! Kai wriggled.

 

                 Finally, Hyunjae pulled something out from her mini black leather backpack. “I’m really sorry about this alien.” She held a small syringe in her hand and stuck it down Kai’s leg.

 

                 Ouch!! What was tha… Kai realized Hyunjae had just gouged a syringe down his leg. Slowly, Kai felt dizzy. Hyunjae jumped off him. Everything swirled around Kai. What is this?? “Did you just—drug me?” He muffled as he fell to the ground.

 

                  Hyunjae stared at him. “It’s not drug. Just something to calm you down.”

 

                  Kai’s eyes dropped. He fell asleep.

 

 

____________________________________________

 

 

“Here.” Sehun dropped a pile of books at the table, in front of where Sunghee sat limply starring into space.

 

“What are these?” She muttered impassively, looking blank and emotionless.

 

“You and I are going to study for the exams.” Sehun tapped the books with a sly smile.

 

Sunghee looked at the mountain of books stacked right in front of her. “You’ve got to be kidding me, right?”

 

“No.” Sehun sat down next to her. “So it’s best if we start now.” He opened on book and started writing stuff down on a notebook.

 

Sunghee gazed upon him as he was busy jotting down notes. Sehun.. I know what you’re trying to do.. Sunghee smiled faintly. Trying to take my mind off things.. Why are you being so nice?

 

Sehun’s eyes glanced sideways at her. “What?” He smiled. “I know I’m handsome but you can’t stare at me all day.” He joked. “You can stare me down all you want when we’re done.” He said brightly.

 

“Pfftt.” Sunghee actually snorted and laughed at him. “You are so full of yourself.”

 

“There you go!” Sehun pointed his pen at her.

 

“Huh?” She wondered. “What?”

 

“I finally made you smile!” He seemed so happy. His smiles actually grew a lot more charming.

 

Sunghee felt touched.

 

“I’ll do everything I can… to keep that smile.” Sehun’s gaze felt sincere and full of hope. I will make you happy again, Sunghee. I don’t ever want to see you cry every again..

 

Why… do you care so much?  Sunghee looked at him intently.

 

With her stares, Sehun felt embarrassed and blushed a little bit. He went back to jotting down notes. “Come on~ Study~Study.” He said shyly.

 

Sunghee gently lowered and rested her head at his shoulders. She closed her eyes. “That you so much, Sehun.” She whispered, a single tear trickled down from her eye.

 

Sehun stopped writing. . . he too rested his head over hers’. . .

 

He closed his eyes.

 

If there is no other way to bring your memories… Our memories back…

Sunghee, then I will make new ones…

Past or present doesn’t matter anymore…

As long as…

I’m with you…

 

                      

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________

Sorry for the wait. ^O^

I'm going to college pretty soon. I'll try my best to update♥