Babe [Chapter 22]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

 

BABE

[Chapter 22]

 

 

 

                “Fridge is empty.” Chanyeol pouted as he held his grumbling tummy and looking at Kyungsoo with such cute eyes.

 

                “So what?” Baekhyun argued. “You ate most of everything in the fridge anyways.”

 

                “That’s not true!” Chanyeol defended.

 

                “Aish~ will you two stop it. Are you not even shy in front of Hyunjae?” Kyungsoo said and looked at Hyunjae who was quietly sitting there and listening. She was there because no one was left at Luhan’s house, Kris said why don’t she just go to Joonmyun’s and wait until Sehun, Sunghee and Kai gets back from school. She couldn’t say no. Not to Yifan at least.

 

                 “Market?” Hyunjae blinked. “C-Can I come?” She said looking so innocent.

 

                Hyunjae was so adorable that everyone in the room fought hard to believe she was a cold-hearted assassin. “Of course you can.” Kyungsoo smiled at her.

 

                Chanyeol’s eyes grew in interest. “You’ve never been in a market before have you?”

 

                She timidly shook her head.

 

                “Ahhk!! Isn’t she so cute?!” Chanyeol sounded like he squealed, but it sounded so weird with his deep bass voice.

 

                “We’ll take you with us!” Baekhyun said with a beaming smile. He was thinking how manly he would look next to a cute girl on a fish isle on a market. Oh how wrong the thought would seem to others but Baekhyun didn’t mind. He chuckled as he imagined himself with Hyunjae.

 

                “Really?” Hyunjae looked up at all of them. “When?”

 

                “Maybe tomorrow~” Kyungsoo said unsurely. “We’ll have to ask Suho for the money.” He laughed. “Obviously we don’t have money.”

 

                “That’s true. Maybe if Chanyeol hadn’t gotten fired from his job at the library then we’d have money!” Baekhyun said sarcastically.

 

                “I WAS NOT FIRED. I QUIT!” Chanyeol corrected.

 

                “Yeah right~” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

                * * *

 

                The next day Hyunjae had to hang out with them again because nobody was at the other house. . .

 

                “What the hell is this?!” Joonmyun yelled as he saw familiar burnt mark on the floor of his new apartment. He immediately knew who was the mastermind. “Chanyeol?!” He searched the house for the culprits. “Come out you little—What have you done with my floor?!”

 

                He found all of them in his room with Hyunjae. Frustrated, he yelled at all of them for destroying his precious floor and for bringing Hyunjae into this mess along with them.

 

                “But Hyunjae wants to go to the market!” Chanyeol said in defense, hoping Suho would let them off easy. “We have to take her there and buy grocery and stuff!”

 

                Baekhyun knew how stupid Chanyeol sounded so he just kept quiet.

 

                “Shut up!” Joonmyun said. “You go clean that mess up right now!!”

 

                “Who’ll take her?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

                “I’ll go.” Jongin appeared in the hallway.

 

                “What??” Baekhyun said, sounding a little surprised and disappointed at the same time. “No way! You’ll just take her and be mean to her like you always do!”

 

                Joonmyun politely looked at Hyunjae and asked. “Is it alright with you if you went with Jongin?”

 

                “I don’t mind.” She said forwardly.

 

                Joonmyun clapped his hands. “Alright it’s settled then. Hyunjae will go with Jongin.” And then he glared at the three boys. “And you three will fix my floor!”

 

* * *

[JONGIN’S POV]


                So it led to this. Hyunjae who was obviously trying to hide how excited she is about going to the market was walking ahead a little faster than everyone else. Sunghee was holding my hand as we walked, and Sehun followed behind us. Something was definitely wrong because the two seemed awkward with each other like something happened. I don’t know. Maybe they fought or something.

 

 

 

                We took the subway. It was jam packed with people rushing to get to places. It was alright because I was holding Sunghee’s hand, but suddenly Hyunjae disappeared from my sight. She was gone.

 

                “Hyunjae?” I called over the people rushing by, maybe she was right there and I just couldn’t see her. But there was no answer.

 

                “Where is she?” Sunghee finally spoke. She had been so quiet the whole time, wearing a cap over her head and I couldn’t even see her eyes.

 

                I squinted my eyes to try and scan the place. There were so many people, but I saw her. She was being dragged along with a crowd of people trying to get into the train. “Hyunjae!” I called her but she couldn’t hear me.

 

                I let go of Sunghee’s hand and ran after Hyunjae without looking back. I knew Sehun would look out after her. So I went ahead. I struggled my way to get to Hyunjae in time. The train door was almost closing and she was getting dragged inside. I had no choice. The door closed automatically right before I went in and it started moving. I looked around through the sea of people and found Hyunjae on the side looking like a lost pup.

 

 

                There was a rugged looking man right in front of her, looking down at her chest. Maybe that’s why she looked so disturbed. So I went and pushed my way through and wrapped my arms around her. “There you are babe. I thought you got lost.” I glanced at the man signaling my eyes that this girl wasn’t for his eyes to see. When he saw me, he quickly shifted his look away from Hyunjae.

 

                “W-What??” She said looking jumbled. “Babe??”

 

                It was too funny, honestly. If you could only see the look on her face! Haha! I wanted to a little more, so I hugged her even more snuggly under my arms. “Aw babe, don’t worry. I got you. You won’t get lost.” I even gave her a little kiss on the forehead to top it all off. There’s no harm in a little teasing, is there? Man, I was such a daebak actor!

 

                Ha! She turned red! Obviously she didn’t know what was going on. Haha.

 

                She was about to say something when she looked to the right and saw a mother carrying a baby. It was like she totally lost interest in me and all she could see was the baby. She wasn’t even bothered that I was still hugging her.

 

                “Jongin, is that a baby?” She asked me.

 

                “Uh. Yeaah. Why?”

 

                The baby’s eyes looked at her and the baby smiled playfully. I swear for the first time ever I saw Hyunjae smile. What a weird girl. She told me, “I’ve never seen one of those before.” She looked like a little kid who’s just seen Santa.

 

                “A baby?” I couldn’t believe it. “You’ve never seen a baby before?”

 

                Her eyes were still fixated with the baby, but she nodded. “I grew up at the military assassin training ground, so this is my first time.”

 

                There must be so many things in her life that she’s missed just because she grew up in that dump -hole. I felt bad for her. Maybe I should go easy on her and be nice? Pfft. Maybe.

 

                “What other things have you never seen before?” I asked her curiously. My hands were comfortably snug around her waist, she didn’t seem to mind, and the train was really crowded so I just stayed that way for less hustle. Don’t get me wrong. I’m just being lazy.

 

                It took her a few seconds to process what she was going to say, but it looks like she had so much in mind that all she could tell me was, “…A lot of things.”

 

                “Have you ever seen a movie?”

 

                “No.” She answered. “But if that’s you asking me out…”

 

                “Pfft—what?! Asking you out??” I felt my face burn. I wasn’t about to ask her out! No way in hell! “Why the hell would you even say that!?”

 

                “Well you can take your arms off me now.” She said smugly. “You seem quite comfortable hugging me.”

 

                WHAT THE HELL?! I quickly took my hands off her and looked away. And for the record, I wasn’t blushing! It was hot and crowded! Tch. Why am I so embarrassed?! Stupid girl!

 

* * *

      

                Back at the station, Sunghee and Sehun were left behind. Both of them weren’t talking to each other. Something was wrong. . .

 

                Why was it so awkward?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HELLO!! OH GAHD. IM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE.
I WAS SUPPOSED TO POST EVERY WEEKEND BUT I WAS SO BUSY!
SORRY. OH AND NEXT CHAPTER?? SOON!! HAHA.
WAIT YOU GUYS.
THANK YOU FOR THE LOVE AND THE WAIT.
THANK YOU! ♥