Happy Birth Day [Chapter 23]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

 

Happy Birth Day

[Chapter 23]

 

 

 

                Sunghee stood there for a moment, just trying to process everything in her mind. First, Jongin and Hyunjae were gone and she was left behind with Sehun.

 

                CRAP.

 

                Sunghee pulled her cap a little bit lower just to make sure nobody can get a glimpse of her sore tired eyes. There was a reason why she was so quiet and she wasn’t talking. It was something serious—besides the fact that she was unconsciously embarrassed that she was having dreams about Sehun. She dreamt of something else that night, something different.

 

                Sehun wasn’t talking much earlier too because he was so bother by her not even looking up to smile or acknowledge his presence. Much to his dismay, he also had to hold him self back because Sunghee was holding Jongin’s hands for some reason. It made him so jealous and uncomfortable. He chose not to be bothered by it, but now that the two of them were alone, he just had to ask her.

 

                “Sunghee are you alright?”

 

                Sunghee flinched at the touch of Sehun’s hands on her shoulder. She was flustered and couldn’t speak. It was almost like she was scared of Sehun. She was definitely acting weird. Her only response was a short nod.

 

                “Are you sick?” He asked worriedly. There must be some reason why she was wearing a cap over her head and not showing her face at all. “Do you want to go back?”

 

                She shook her head slightly.

 

                One last question popped in his head. “Are you….mad at me? Did I do something wrong?”

 

                That last question made her look up at him and answer. “N-No! It’s not like that.” And Sehun saw her eyes. His heart sunk at the glimpse of her puffy red eyes. His hands instinctively went up her shoulders firmly and he stared at her eyes. “What happened? Did you cry? Did something happen? Are you okay?” He had so many questions.

 

                With all his worried questions and the way he was holding her, she fought all her tears back. Why is it that when people ask you why you’re crying, you just want to cry even more? Sunghee had the thought in her head. She mustn’t cry in front of Sehun. She didn’t want to bother him with all the craziness going through her head.

 

                “Haha~No!” She faked a laugh and looked down at her feet. “I-I was sneezing a lot this morning. I’m fine, really!”

 

                Sehun was damn well not believing that crappy lie. There was something wrong. He could feel it. He always knew how Sunghee was feeling by just looking at her. She was lying and it was obvious. But—He just couldn’t force her to say something she’s not ready to say. He didn’t want to make her feel any worst. Damn it. He couldn’t do anything. He felt useless.

 

                “It’s alright if you don’t want to tell me. I understand.” He didn’t know what he could do so he just hugged her. He hugged her right in the middle of the busy subway. He couldn’t care less about any of these people starring at them. He just wanted to make sure Sunghee was okay. “But, please talk to me…if ever you need help. I’m right here. I want you to know that.”

 

                Sunghee’s heart ached. “I know…I know you are.” It got even harder to control her tears from falling.

 

                Sehun pulled away from hugging her, rubbing his hands comfortingly along her shoulders. “Should we go home? I can call Jongin and tell him we can’t go after them. I’m sure he won’t mind.”

 

                This time Sehun took the lead, not letting go of Sunghee’s hand. But Sunghee tugged his shirt slightly. He turned around to look. “What is it?” He asked.

 

                “Can we not go home yet?” She asked, her head looking down at the ground again.

 

                Sehun smiled at the girl. At least now he knows she wasn’t that down. “Where do you want to go?”

 

                She hesitated to answer. “I… I have to go buy something.”

 

 

***

 

               Sehun was following Sunghee around at the department store. He had no idea of what she was looking for. For the second time he knew they were going in circles—But he didn’t mind. As long as he was holding her hand, it was alright with him. Heck, he didn’t mind if they had to go around another ten times. All he wanted was to hold her hand.

 

                Frustrated with her self, Sunghee finally gave up. They went out the department store, but she saw another shop and had a glimpse of hope. “There! I’ll go there.” She pointed at the jewelry store. “Uhm, can you wait here?”

            

                Sehun wasn’t about to complain. “Sure. Take your time.” He was partly wondering what she wanted to buy and partly still worried about her. All the same, it was better for her to be going around the mall like this than crying her eyes out.

 

                Before finally going home, Sunghee had another request. She wanted to stop by a park bench and sit down. It was already dark and the stars were already visible from up the sky. It was also starting to get a little bit colder.

 

 

                They were both sitting quietly, looking up the sky, when Sehun asked. “Did you find what you were looking for?”

 

                “I did.” Sunghee felt comfortable enough to remove the cap she was wearing. Her eyes weren’t so puffy anymore too. They looked a little tired, but all in all she looked fine.

 

                “Can I know what is it?” Sehun asked, just merely trying to make conversation.

 

                Sunghee shyly pulled out a little silver ring from her pocket and showed him.

 

                “A ring?” He smiled. “Why aren’t you wearing it?” He asked curiously.

 

                She summoned all her courage and told him, “It’s for you. Happy birth day, Sehun.”

 

                Sehun blinked in daze. For me? He was stunned, looking intently at the ring on her palm. That was why he was a little too quiet the whole day. It was his birth day. It’s not like he was expecting anyone to remember. No one usually does. He was used to not celebrating at all ever since Sunghee disappeared. But now here she was holding a precious little gift right in front of him, and she was the only one who remembered. He felt like crying. “How did you know?” He almost chocked as he tried not to cry. “I don’t remember ever telling you my birthday.”

 

                Sunghee took his hand and slipped the ring into his middle finger. She closed her eyes for a second because she knew she was going to sound like a total freak. But she needed to let this out of her chest. She had to explain everything to him now. “Do you remember that night when we were attacked? Last night I suddenly recalled everything. I remember seeing you use wind power. . .”

               

                Sehun’s heart started drumming. She remembers...?

 

                “I was shocked at first... but then… after that… I had these dreams. They were about you.” Sunghee saw the look on his face and she felt stupid. She wanted to cry in embarrassment—but she continued with glassy eyes. “I don’t know how to explain it, Sehun. I think I might be going insane. I keep dreaming about you—“

 

                Sehun held hand. His head bent down looking down at the ground. Was he crying?

 

                “Go on. Continue.” His voice sounded fragile. His heart was swelling with hope. Could she be finally remembering everything? Could he finally tell her everything? Finally be able to freely hold her and kiss her without triggering her pain-staking memory attacks. He was crying, hoping she would say something… something she remembers.

 

                “I have something to ask you, Sehun.”

 

                “What is it?”

 

                “That girl… the one you were talking about before… I know this may sound crazy—stupid even—or maybe delusional—“ She paused as tears now escaped her eyes. She needed to breathe. “...could that girl…be possibly me?” More tears came running down her cheeks. She was scared he would say no, that he would look at her and ask if she had lost her mind. Her question was utterly unimaginable, but she had the feeling… just a feeling. What if?

 

                Sehun finally broke into a sob and hugged her. He wanted to say yes but his voice seemed to have left him. No sounds came out. He just cried. He was so happy that he just cried. Finally. You remember. He hugged her like he never wanted to let her go. Actually, he didn’t want to let go.

 

                “Sehun?” She asked. It was still not clear to her why he was crying. Maybe it was a yes. Or maybe he just missed the girl he loves so much that the mere mention of her made him cry. Because of all the confusion Sunghee cried even more.

 

                Words were no use. Sehun finally freed her from his hug and looked at her with tears in his eyes. He nodded happily—he nodded so much. And finally he couldn’t hold back any longer and so his lips did all the answering. He kissed her with so much longing and desire.

 

                Sunghee was taken aback. Feeling his warm lips hungrily kissing hers—So it was a yes. She cried tears of joy. She wasn’t crazy after all and she really was regaining her memories. Now questions started flooding through her head as she so gladly kissed Sehun back.

 

                She slowly pulled away from the kiss. “Is it true? All of my dreams are true?”

 

                Sehun finally had his voice back. “Yes.” He could help but smile.

 

                “I was the girl?”

 

                “Yes. You’ve always been the only girl.” He snatched another kiss, just to make sure he wasn’t dreaming either.

 

                Hearing him say the words made her heart beat out of control. “I have a lot of questions. I don’t clearly remember everything.” She admitted, feeling her face burning. Sehun obviously missed her a lot. She blushed, still feeling a bit queasy from the truth she just had to swallow—and from Sehun’s kisses.

 

                “Don’t.” He said.

 

                Sunghee raised a brow. “Don’t what?”

 

                “Don’t ask right now.” His hands were carefully brushing away all her previous tears.

 

                “Why?” She asked him.

 

                “Please, let me just kiss you for now.” He begged. He had been longing to kiss her so much for a long time. He missed her so much. Nothing could matter more. This time he tried to relax himself and look her in the eyes. This was real. The saying was true. True love does come back to you if you set it free—or maybe if you lost it.

 

                “Sunghee, I love you.” He said as his lips slowly but surely locked against hers. Sunghee held her breath as his warmth affected her. He didn’t have to say the words. She could feel everything from his lips and she reciprocated. I think…I love you too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~ OMG. IM SORRY IF YOU FELT THAT WAY GUYS. :'3

(I just needed a good reason to have Sunghee and Sehun all alone together.. I came up with Hyunjae and Jongin lol but.... OKAY.)

BUT IT'S OKAY! ALL COMMENTS MAKES ME HAPPY COZ IT MEANS YOU ACTUALLY READ MY STUFF!! <3

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS~~~~ <33

IT MEANS A LOT.

OH-

AND-

STAY TUNED ;)) haha♥