STRANGER THAN FICTION [Chapter 4 – Part 2]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

 

 

STRANGER THAN FICTION

[Chapter 4 – Part 2]

 

 

 

                The bell rang. It's was lunch time.

 

                The teacher sighed and said, “Alright, you may all go and take your lunch.”

 

                Sunghee sat at their usual table—with Kai and Miyoung. But Kai was no where in sight. A while back when she sat next to Sehun she had somehow managed to forget and not to worry, but sitting at the lunch table all by her self, she began to worry once again.

 

                Miyoung came with her lunch tray. “Hey, so how was it?” She smiled.

 

                “How was what?”

 

                “Talking to Sehun? Was he kind? He doesn't really talk much. Not even in class.” Miyoung blabbed excitedly. "You know what? I actually think he and Jongin would get along well."

 

                Remembering the words Sehun said, Sunghee flushed a little bit. “Y-Yeah. He was.. nice.”

 

                Miyoung squealed hushly. “This is just so awesome! What if he likes you? That means a love triangle is born! – Who will win Sunghee’s heart? The bestfriend or the new found lover?!”

 

                Sunghee would have hit Miyoung in the head if she wasn’t so worried. “Oh shut up. You watch too many dramas, Miyoung.”

 

                Miyoung giggled. “Well fine, speaking of bestfriend. Where is he? If he keeps being like this Sehun is going to win.”

 

                Sunghee sighed. “I.. don’t know.”

 

                Suddenly Sehun walked right in through the canteen doors. And Sunghee could hear some girls sigh in admiration and squeal in so much joy of seeing him.

 

                “Oh~ Speak of the other devil.” Miyoung smiled.

 

                Sunghee nudged her. “Don’t look, Miyoung!” She whispered.

 

                Miyoung pouted, “Why not?”

 

                “J-Just don’t look! You look as embarrassing as the other girls.” Sunghee looked down on her tray and sipped some juice.

 

                “Ohh~! I think he glanced over here!” Miyoung squealed. “So he does like you!”

 

                “Y-You’re crazy! Stop being so delusional, Miyoung. And—And keep it down will you!?” Sunghee covered her face in embarrassment.

 

                “I-I’m done eating.” Sunghee finally stood up. “I’ll see you later.”

 

                She jogged quickly across the canteen without looking where she was going. She didn’t see the ‘Watch Your Step’ sign where the janitor had just mopped the floor.

 

                She saw Sehun glance at her and it only made her run even faster.

 

                    He did glance.. at m--

 

                The inevitable was to happen. If it wasn’t for Sehun who saw it coming and quickly dropped his tray on the floor and ran up to catch her before she even met the floor.

 

                He held on her tightly.

 

                Sunghee unknowingly grabbed a hold onto Sehun’s neck as she fell—with her eyes closed.

 

                    W-What the—? I didn’t … crash?

 

                Sunghee slowly opened her eyes and saw Sehun’s face right in front of hers. The first thing she always notices were his eyes. Unconsciously she stared at his wonderful eyes unmindful of what had just happened.

 

                But then he spoke—“Are you alright?”

 

                And Sunghee could feel his breath onto her lips.. It made her heart jump.

 

                    Too close! Too close! She blushed.

 

                Instantly she unclung her hands on his neck and regained her composure. “I-I’m so sorry, Sehun.” She bowed a couple of times.

 

                Sehun smiled, “No. It was nothing. It’s alright. Though, you really should look where you’re going next time.” He chuckled.

 

                And Sunghee could feel her face turn red. Great. Just great. Now, even Sehun knows I’m the world’s biggest cluts. She ran out the door without saying a word.

 

                “Wait! I didn’t mean it that way—“ Sehun realized he had just made her feel more embarrassed.

 

                Feeling so guilty, he ran after her and caught up. He called a couple times but she kept on. So he grabbed her by the wrist. Along the corridor, for a moment they just stared at each other. And then all emotional chaos broke loose when she realized he was holding her hand. She was shocked when he grabbed her like that.

 

                “W-wait Sunghee, I didn’t mean it that way. I’m sorry.” He said looking a little panicked. It was so cute, Sunghee couldn't help but think.

 

                She flusttered, not sure if she was embarrased by her own thoughts or the fact that they're holding hands, “H-Huh?”

 

                Yet again.. Too close. Sunghee thought. Her heart drummed nervously as she looked at his hands holding hers. So warm.. His hands feel so warm..

 

                She looked in his eyes..

               

                And suddenly.. It happened again.

 

                This time she saw an image— of her being carried on the edge of a building.

 

                It lasted only seconds, but the shock was even too much for her to handle.

 

                Sunghee lost consciousness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________

(O~O)

 

Thank so much for everyone who's been reading!
I LOVE YOU ALL!

hehehe ♥