[THE SEPARATION] Prologue – III

What Is Love?

 

 

 

 

 

 

[THE SEPARATION] Prologue – III

 

 

[Sunghee’s POV]

 

"I will protect you. Even if it means losing my life." He said as he carried me in his arms. He was running. We we're running for our lives.

 

My heart ached as I looked at him worriedly and cried, "No!" I couldn't think of anything else to say. I was an emotional wreck and everything around me didn't make sense anymore. Only that I didn't want him getting hurt. Specially not because of me. I didn't want him risking anything for me.

 

Because I loved him. More than anything else.

 

"Don't cry it'll be alright." He said with so much care. For a second there I believed him. "Hold on tighter." He told me as he ran up the stairs faster. I obeyed and tightened my hold on his neck. But I couldn't hold back my tears which fell on his shoulders mixing in with his sweat. My leg was bleeding, I was hit. But it didn't matter. I didn't feel any ounce of pain. I was only scared of loosing him.

 

The endless staircase finally reached a dead end as we reached the rooftop. He kicked the door open and the city lights came in view. But the wind was still cold and damp. It sent chills down my spine as I clung onto him.

 

"You'll be safe." He sounded relieved. "I'll get you out of here."

 

But I couldn't keep it any longer, I told him, "Where are we going? You can't hold them off yourself. You'll get hurt."

 

He looked into my eyes and smiled. His striking beautiful eyes were now glossy as he held back his tears. "I'll just block them off for a few hours while you go on hiding. Please do as I say, alright? I don't ever want to lose you." He said as his head went a little closer to mine. We were nose to nose. I could feel his breath as he panted. I've always loved being so close to him. He was always warm. And I couldn't believe in a few moments I might never be able to see him again.

 

He carried me to the edge of the building and looked down. I kept my eyes on him, trying not to look down at the hundred feet drop below.

 

But I looked behind us and gasped. "They're here!" I said in alarm.

 

He knew what I meant and didn't look back. He held on to my body tighter and took a long deep breath.

 

Suddenly a gunshot came rippling through the air. Sehun took another bullet. "Aghh!" He screamed in pain. I gasped like I just felt what he felt. But he kept his composure and jumped, and we landed on top of another building.

 

He was still carrying me. Not once did he ever let me fall. I cried, "Are you alright?" As I looked at his back. He was bleeding. "Y-You're hurt." I cried even harder and hugged him.

 

He placed his hands on my cheeks and wiped away my tears. "Seeing you cry is more unbearable than taking any bullet." He smiled again like he was not in pain. "Smile for me, so I'll remember your smile and not your tears."

 

"What do you mean? Remember? What are you saying?" I cried.

 

"Smile." He said weakly.

 

I sniffed. As hard as it was to smile in this situation-I smiled at him, thinking everything will be alright- that after all this I was going to see him again. That this wasn't the end.

 

"Thank you." He stood up and lifted me off my feet.

 

Suddenly I heard another gunshot. I screamed, thinking Sehun had took another hit. But thank God he wasn’t.

 

"You're not going anywhere." The enemy spoke from behind us.

 

But Sehun wasn't listening. He walked off to the edge of the building and said, "Do you trust me?"

 

"With all my heart." My voice shook.

 

And finally he gave me one last kiss for goodbye. Our lips met and his tears came flowing down from his eyes. It was the first time I ever saw him cry.

 

"Close your eyes." He said. And I did. I closed my eyes.

 

I took a deep breath and told him, "I love you Sehun." My hands were cold. I knew what was coming next.

 

"I love you more than you will ever know." He replied.

 

He paused. A moment of calm silence surrounded us.

 

“I sense him. Nearby.” He whispered. 

 

Then he screamed on the top of his lungs. “KAI! Take good care of her! Do you hear me? I will kill you if she ever got hurt!”

 

Then I heard it. Someone screamed back. “Do it now!”The faint yell of a person came from below us. That’s when I knew someone was waiting down at the foot of the building. Sehun must have heard it too. He held me a little tighter.

 

I felt nervous. I didn't open my eyes. And the last words I heard from him was, "I will come back for you."

 

Then he threw me off the building. 

 

I was falling—slowly. Like the air beneath me is carrying me, pulling me down to safety.

 

SEHUN!!!  I wanted to scream.

 

I clamped my mouth shut and hoped for my salvation. For our salvation.

 

I was crashing silently.

 

But I heard another shot was fired and I screamed, "SEHUN!!!"

 

My heart couldn't take it any longer....

 

I couldn't do anything but watch..

 

Why was I so weak?

 

Everything went dark.... The last thing I knew was...

 

Someone had caught me from falling...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________

[To Be Continued..]

 

 

 

Dear Readers, Comments Are Much Appreciated and Loved. (^O^)/