[The Reset – Destined Strangers] Chapter – I

What Is Love?

 

 

 

[The Reset – Destined Strangers] Chapter – I
 

 

 

(Two Years Had Passed)

 

 

 

 

                “Want one?” Miyoung, Sunghee’s best friend offered her a donut.

 

                She shook her head slightly and said, “Nope. I’m good.”

 

                Sunghee was out with her friends, they have just watched a movie together a moment ago, until it was only her and Miyoung left. But Sunghee couldn’t shake the feeling that someone was watching her. Though, every time she would turn around she would see no one. She stayed alert. It might be them. If it is, all I have to do is act normal and they wouldn’t notice. That’s what Kai taught me.  She thought.

 

                “Are you alright, Sunghee?” Miyoung asked. “You look a little pale.”

 

                “I am?” She laughed nervously, sipping from her glass of iced tea. “It’s just.. cold. You know? Haha. I wonder if this rain will ever stop.” She said trying to change the subject.

 

                “You don’t feel sick, do you?” Miyoung said. “Maybe you should call Kai.”

 

                A shot of heat rushed through Sunghee’s face. She blushed. “Why would I call him?”

 

                Miyoung laughed. “Come on. You two are always together. Besides, everybody at school thinks he has this huge crush on you.”

 

                Sunghee looked away, avoiding Miyoung’s teasing eyes.

 

                “I mean he barely talks to anyone! Only you. And he’s like this totally hot mysterious guy that every girl fantasizes about—y. Silent. Mysterious, and you’re the lucky girl who caught his attention.” Miyoung continued.

 

                “Were just friends.” Sunghee insisted.

 

                Miyoung held her hands up. “Alright fine. Whatever you say, Honey.”

 

. . .

 

                In the end, Miyoung had to go home early, leaving Sunghee all alone. “I’m really sorry about this. I’ll see you at school, Okay?” Miyoung apologized.

 

                “It’s okay.” Sunghee smiled. “I had fun today. Thanks.”

 

                Sunghee sat alone, still nervous. She could still feel someone was looking. But all these people around... Which one?

 

                She finally decided to call someone.

 

                           

 

                “Hello?” Luhan instantly answered the phone.

 

                “Oppa, It’s me. Can you pick me up?” Sunghee bit her lips hoping he'd agree. Something just felt really weird today. She didn't want to be alone right now.

 

                “Sunghee, You know I’m busy right?” Luhan sighed. 

 

                “I know but..”

 

                “I’m calling Kai. I’ll ask him to pick you up.”

 

                “N-No! It’s fine, really! You don’t have to call him!” He we go again. Sunghee was starting to fell like she was a burden to everyone.

 

                “Don’t be stubborn.”

 

                “But-“

 

                “Is everything alright?” Luhan asked.

 

                “Well, Yeah. Everything’s fine.” Of course she had to lie about that. She was pretty sure Luhan would drop everything at work and leave if she said she was scared. It's ridiculous. Making a big deal out of being scared... Sunghee felt even more worthless.

 

                “Well, I have to hung up now. I'll see you at home.”

 

                “Alright.” She hung up. 

 

                     I guess I’ll have to wait for Kai. 

 

. . .         

 

                To kill time, Sunghee was walking around, looking attentively everywhere, trying to find out if someone was really watching her. All her senses are tingling. I know someone’s watching. I can feel it. I can’t be wrong.

 

                 She was looking to her right, when suddenly she bumped into someone.

 

                “I-I’m so sorry!” She bowed immediately. “I wasn’t looking where I was going. I’m sorry.”

 

                The man she bumped didn’t say a word. He only stood there looking at her. At first glance Sunghee had to admit he looked quite handsome. His posture and the way he looked at her gave off the impression that he was a confident guy. He seemed very cool and intimidating.

 

                “A-Are you alright? I’m really sorry.” She repeated.

 

                 His eyes. Why do I feel like I’ve seen those eyes before?  Sunghee thought.

 

                Finally he spoke. “Next time watch where you’re going.” And then he started walking.

 

                “I-I... will.” She said, a little distractedly.

 

                    He seems so familiar.

 

                Suddenly, “Hey.” Someone held Sunghee by the shoulder, making her jump, almost screaming if she hadn't clamped .

 

                She turned around and saw Kai.

 

                “Oh! Hi.” She said, now thinking about the man she just bumped into.

 

                “Are you okay?” Kai said.

 

                “Huh? Why? Am I still pale?” She held on to her face.

 

                “You were pale? Why? Are you sick?” He placed a hand on her forehead.

 

                And again, Sunghee flushed. She backed away. “No! I’m not sick.”

 

                “Well I better get you home.” Kai said.

 

                Sunghee looked at him. Doesn’t he feel it? Wait. I can’t feel it anymore.. What just happened?

 

                “Do I have something on my face?” Kai asked, smiling.

 

                “N-No.” She said. “Uhm. Lets just go.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS!! ♥

More subs is appreciated. LOL ^O^

ㅋㅋㅋ

THANK YOU!