Loyal Knights [ Chapter 25 - II ]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

 

 

Loyal Knights

[ Chapter 25 - II ]

 

 

 

 

In front of the huge wooden door, stood three guards. All of them with guns in their hands. They were all calm and laid back, not knowing what was about to happen. To their surprise… all the lights went out.

 

“W-What happened?” A guard yelled seconds after the black out.

 

“I think the power is out.” Another one said.

 

The third one pulled out his walkie-talkie and pressed to speak. “Quick, someone turn the generator on before the general gets pissed off.”

 

The device ringed back. “We’re on it.”

 

For a while it seemed like a normal power shortage. They suspected not a thing. But unexpectedly,  “Look!” The one on the left pointed out on to the dark horizon. “What was that?!”

 

The rest of them peered their eyes to see what the other man saw, but it was too dark. “There’s nothing there, Yunso.” They rolled their eyes on him. “Honestly, you watch too much horror movies.”

 

“But I swear! I saw something move over there!” The guard, Yunso, protested.

 

The biggest one of the guards grunted and said, “Alright, I’ll go check it out. You guys stay put.” The rest nodded. The guard pulled a flash light out from one of his pockets and turned it on for a better view of the way. “I don’t see anything.” He muttered. “There’s nothing here!” He yelled to the others, turning his back to return to his post. But that was his mistake. He shouldn’t have turned his back.

 

THUD. The big guy went down.

 

“J-Joonsoo!” The others called out. “What the hell just happened?!”

 

“I told you! I saw something—“ Yunso, the guard, was about to say more… until Tao got to him. He froze. Just like the rest of the guards did.

 

“Sorry, it’s a little too late for that.” Tao said with a rascal grin. He couldn’t help but feel like he looked really awesome.

 

Sehun and the rest appeared beside Tao out of no where. Chanyeol was the first one to the door but he cursed under his breath and said, “It’s locked.” Unexpectedly, the door boomed open making Chanyeol jump backwards and hold on to his heart.

 

Luhan was smiling as he opened the door. “What’s locked?” He joked.

 

“What the f—lip? Luhan! You scared the crap out of me!” Chanyeol said in surprise.

 

Baekhyun chuckled behind Luhan. “Keep it down.” He blinded Chanyeol with his hand for a second as a joke. “Agh! Not funny!” Yeol covered his eyes.

 

“Shush, you guys! Keep I down.” Kris said.

 

Sehun agreed. “Let’s keep moving. They’ll be turning the generators soon.”

 

“Nah, you don’t have to worry about that.” Kyungsoo said. “Chen’s with Yongguk and his guys. They’re already making their way up to the generators. Probably even broken them by now.”

 

“This house is too big, though.” Xiumin mediated. “How are we supposed to find Sunghee?”

 

 “We’ll have to split up.” Yixing spoke from behind Kris.

 

“Who’ll take the second floor?” Joonmyun asked.

 

Kris, Kyungsoo, Tao all volunteered and raised their hands.

 

“Alright, the rest… we’ll split up into smaller groups.” Joonmyun said. The worry was evident in his eyes. But he had to keep a strong front for everyone. “And… be careful. Don’t act too rashly.”

 

All of them got the message. Save Sunghee and stay alive. That’s what Joonmyun wanted to say. Soon enough the entire surrounding was back to being dark and noiseless. Everyone was on their ways searching for their princess.

 


 

 


 

 

 

 

“Let me out! Hey! Arghh!!” Daehyun smashed and kicked the door all he could but it was no use. He wasn’t as strong as Yongguk and the rest. “I’m..useless.” Mind control was no use in these kinds of situations. He had been trying to kick the door open for about an hour and it wouldn’t even budge. Sweat trickled from his forehead as he panted. “Gaahhhh!!” He banged the door one more time, releasing all his frustration. “Let me out!!”

 

BOOM!!

 

“AHGGGG!!”

 

It sounded like an explosion. Daehyun was thrown aside by a shockwave and he landed on his back. Adrenaline coursed through his veins and he didn’t feel the pain of falling at the moment. Instead he shook his head, shaking away the dizziness brought by the explosion and looked around. To his surprise there was no fire and the door was opened (more like blown away…) as Sehun entered.

 

Sehun looked serious and mad as hell. It looks like he took it out on the door. He didn’t seem to have spotted Daehyun until Daehyun said, “You!” He pointed. “Y-You’re that guy!”

 

Sehun scrunched his brows. “Your friend’s over here!” He called out to somebody.

 

Seconds later, Yongguk and the rest came running to his aid. Seeing his friends, Daehyun felt relieved. For a second there he thought Sehun came to kill him for actually kidnapping Sunghee. “About time you got here!” Daehyun said, still slightly exasperated.

 

“Good to see you too.” Yongguk helped him up.

 

But Sehun had no time to waste. He was already leaving. “Where are you going?” Daehyun asked before he could leave. “Do you even know where she is?”

 

Sehun stopped in his tracks. No. He wasn’t sure where to go. All he knew was Sunghee needed him right now and he needs to find her even if it means blowing up the whole house. “If you know something, spit it out.” He turned around and looked at Daehyun impatiently.

 

“This... All of this is a trap. Sunghee isn’t here.” Daehyun’s face was filled with gloom as he explained the situtaion. “There’s another house just close by. He took her there. He knew you’d come. He knew you’d try and save her. And he’s prepared this as a trap. Right now, as we speak, there are probably men surrounding the house ready to attack.” 

 

“Then..” Sehun paused. He seemed to have comprehended the weight of the circumstances. “Tell everyone. You’d all better get out of here.” He started running, leaving them all behind.

 

“Where are you off to?!” Daehyun asked again.

 

“To save the only reason why I’m alive!” Sehun shouted back at him, never looking back. He was determined to get her back and no trap was going to stop him.

 

 


 


 

 

 

 

 

“MOVE.” His eyes glowed pure white with his hands out stretched. “DO NOT BLOCK MY WAY.” All the men obstructing his way found their selves chocking, like they couldn’t breathe. They all dropped to the floor holding on to their lungs trying to gasp for air. Sehun was suffocating all of them.

 

Once they were all unconscious, Sehun started running again. Damn it! There’s too many of them! There were more men coming his way. But Sehun did not stop running, instead he up some air and readied himself for attack. “GET OUT OF MY WAY!!” As he screamed, gusts of ferocious and powerful air blasted and hurled all the enemies aside.

 

And finally he was out. He felt the night’s cool breeze through his sweaty skin, consoling him. The winds were on his side tonight, giving him enough strength. He felt even more determined.

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

“We have to get out of here fast!” Yongguk told Joonmyun after bumping into each other and almost hitting each other. “This is a trap!”

 

“Too late.” Chanyeol interrupted, pointing ahead. More men were coming in.

 

“This is bad.” Youngjae said. “This is really bad!”

 

“Don’t panic.” Baekhyun crunched his knuckles and flexed his neck. “These guys are pretty much all scrawny. They don’t stand a chance.”

 

“What me to take them, hyung?” Chanyeo gladly volunteered.

 

“You’re not gunna burn them alive are you?” Himchan looked at Chanyeol frightfully.

 

Chanyeol laughed. “Of course not. They’ll burn, yes..But I’ll make sure they wont die.” Chanyeol stepped forward and his hands burned in flames, the whole hallway grew bright. “Alright everyone! We can do this the easy way, or the hard way. Your choice.”

 

One man pulled a trigger and shot at Chanyeol, but Chanyeol caught the bullet in his hands and it melted. Chanyeol chucked and said, “Okay. Hard way it is…”

 

Screams of men filled the whole house as Chanyeol blasted flames from his hands. They scurried and ran way from getting burned alive. Kris and the others on the second floor were making their way back down already. They figured out it was probably a trap because they’ve searched everywhere and Sunghee wasn’t anywhere. Kyungsoo was very careful of not over using his powers because with just one slip, he could kill someone with just a punch. Joonmyun wouldn’t like that. He reminded himself. It was easy enough for Kris to dodge all the bullets raining around his because he was gliding through the air. Tao would freeze people Chen would electrocute them. Of course Lay was there to back them up and quickly heal minor wounds with just a touch. They were working as a good team.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

To be continued...