RECOLLECTION - Chapter III

What Is Love?

 

 

[RECOLLECTION]

Chapter III

 

 

 

 

“Oppa. I’m home.” Sunghee said, sounding exhausted. Today was particularly tiring for some reason.

 

Luhan was cooking dinner at the kitchen. “Oh~ Sunghee-yah! Just in time. I’m at the kitchen. Go change and we’ll eat in a minute.”

 

She took her shoes off by the door and climbed the stairs to her room. Taking off her jacket, she sighed. “It’s impossible that I’m the only one who senses that presence. Maybe Kai felt it too.” That was the most bothering part about it. Was Sunghee going crazy?

 

As she changed her clothes thoughts filled her mind. What if it was one of those hunters again? Are we going to have to move to another location? Am I gunna have to leave my friends behind again? She has every reason to worry. It wasn't really easy moving from one place to another. She's only been friends for Miyoung for a year. She didn't want to ruin that by leaving too.

 

“But then again I could be wrong. Maybe I’m just being paranoid.” She thought out loud, shaking her head.

 

But then, out of the blue..

 

An image of someone smiling at her flashed through her thoughts..

 

It was..

 

“Sehun?” She muttered in complete confusion. What the!  She slapped her face lightly. “I must be hungry.” She went to the bathroom and splashed water on her face. Weird. Things sure are getting weird.

 

But she couldn’t help but wonder. . .

 

Sunghee tried to recall the image in her mind on more time, but all there was too it was Sehun, who was looking at her, smiling happily. And the more she tried to remember, the more she forgot.

 

She laid on her bed in daze. What’s going on with me?

 

 

Sunghee finally snapped out of her thoughts as she heard Luhan yell. “Sunghee-yah! Come on down here! We’re waiting for you!”

 

“Ugh.” She rolled her eyes. I’m not in the mood for this! But.... Kris is going to kill me if I don’t go down. “Coming!”

 

Quickly, she made her way down to the kitchen. And just as expected, everyone was waiting for her. Kris, Luhan, Chen, Xiu Min, Tao, Lay . . . Even Kai.      

 

“What took you so long?” Luhan asked, scrunching his brows.

 

“Nothing.” Sunghee sat down—right in front of Tao. She gulped. He looked serious, as usual.

 

Chen clapped his hands, catching everyone’s attention. “Alright. Lets eat!”

 

Sunghee avoided everyone’s eyes. Deep inside she was thinking, Why? Why must Luhan always call everyone over everyday just to eat? I am a lady! Doesn’t he know it makes me uncomfortable?

 

Sunghee was unconsciously pouting, and starring blankly at her plate.

 

“Sunghee, what are you starring at? Eat up.” Kris scolded.

 

She followed obediently. And why? Why must Kris always scold me? It’s not fair. He doesn’t even live here.

 

“That’s ok. You don’t have to eat everything Sunghee-yah.”  Chen came to the rescue. He looked at Kris and said, “You know how girls are these days? They’re very conscious about weight and all that..”

 

“That’s right.” Xiu Min nodded, munching down his portions.

 

Kai snickered.

 

What’s so funny?  Sunghee glared at him.

 

. . .

 

After dinner Kris, Chen, Xiu Min, Tao, Lay and Kai were all set to go home. This was pretty much the routine. Eat at Luhan's and go home. It was like all of them were just heavy free loaders. Sunghee's gotten used to this eventually.

 

I need to ask Kai now. Sunghee decided.

 

As everyone went out the door, She called. “Kai.”

 

He turned and smiled. “What?”

 

“I need to ask you something.”

 

“Uhm. Okay. What is it?”

 

She looked around. “Not here.” She said hushly. “Lets go take a walk.”

 

. . .

 

And so they took a stroll. But Sunghee was in so much rush that she even forgot it was cold outside. She didn’t bring a jacket, and tried to keep her composure and not look like she was freezing to death.

 

“Kai.” She hesitated and couldn't quite go straight to her point. “Are you feeling better?”

 

He smiled. “Yeah.”

 

A moment of silence passed…

 

“So… There’s this.. Presence I’ve been feeling lately.” She began to feel fidgety all over again.

 

His brows went up.

 

“I think someone’s been watching me.”

 

He laughed. “Oh! You mean like a stalker?”

 

She blushed and hit him with a hand. “No! Not like that, stupid!”

 

He chuckled.

 

“This is serious, Kai! What if it’s one of those hunters? What if they catch one of us?” She said looking serious. “It scares me thinking that one day I might just end up going home and everybody’s gone.” For some reason her eyes began to tear up. The thought of it was just too scary.

 

Suddenly Kai looked serious. He leaned closer and patted her head. “Why are you crying?” He asked. “There’s no reason to worry.” His voice sounded so calm and reassuring.

 

Sunghee shook her head, wiping her eyes. “I don’t know either.” What's gotten in to me? Why am I so emotional all of a sudden?  But her tears kept flowing for no reason. “I was just worried.”

 

With no warning Kai slowly came closer and hugged her. “That’s never going to happen. Trust me.

 

She was caught off guard.

 

But suddenly the temperature dropped and another vision clouded her mind.

 

 “Do you trust me?” Someone from the vision said. 

 

 “With all my heart.” Another answered.. 

 

 It sounded like.. 

 

Her.

 

The blurry vision only lasted some seconds, but she could still feel the emotions running thought her. FEAR, WORRY, LOVE… And her tears kept flowing.

 

Kai’s voice brought her back to her senses. “Hey. It’s alright.” He was still hugging her.

 

She was dazed. She quickly backed away saying, “Yeah. I.. Uhm..” She couldn’t look straight into his eyes.

 

Before Kai could even say something Sunghee said, “I wan’t to go home.”

 

“Okay.” Kai said with no hesitation.

 

. . .

 

Kai walked her home. “I’ll see you at school.” He said.

 

She only nodded with a forced smile.

 

In her room, Sunghee was wide awake, starring at the ceiling.

 

Another vision.. This time I was in it.. I'm pretty sure it sounded like me..

 

She was so confused. “What’s going on?” She muttered.

 

Everyone else has abilities. Everyone except for me. Luhan told me maybe it was an effect from the accident. An Accident I can’t even remember. As a matter of fact I don’t remember anything from my childhood. Not a single memory..

 

Do I really have short term amnesia? It sounds completely unreal. But so is the fact that I’m not human—and yet I know it’s real. I’ve seen Luhan use his ability. I’ve seen everyone’s abilities.

 

What if my .. memories are coming back?

 

. . .

 

Outside, Kai stared at Sunghee’s window.

 

“Presence?”  He whispered. “So he’s calling out to you too?”

 

Abruptly, He turned around and disappeared into clouds of smoke.

 

Kai was gone.

 

He had just teleported.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________

^O^

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR POSITIVE FEEDBACKS EVERYONE♥

 KEEP THE ♥ COMING! 

__________

 

 

 

 

 

Though under two moons...

two skies..

In two different worlds..

 

EXO IS ONE.