REGRETS [Chapter 16 – Part III]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

                “What are you doing here?!” Hyunsung stood up.

 

                “What happened to you?” Hyunjae looked bewildered. Hyunsung was one of the best assassins she knew, how could he be knocked down so easily?

 

                “This kid..” Hyunsung stared at Sehun. “He’s more powerful than I thought.”

 

                Sehun shot them a look.  “Sunghee!” He quickly ran to her side and embraced her tightly ignoring everyone else around him. I thought.. I thought you were—when I heard the gun shots.. Sehun closed his eyes and tried to unruffled his emotions. “Are you alright?”

 

                Sunghee nodded. “But—Miyoung.. Miyoung and Kai!” She cried. “They’re still in the library. S-Sehun we need to get them!”

 

                Meanwhile Hyunjae looked up at Hyunsung. “I’m not taking any more crap from Minsu.” She pulled both her guns and they clicked, ready to shoot something. “I’m going to send him to hell.” She walked up to the window.

 

                “But—Hyunjae, He’s not that easy to kill.” Hyunsung observed her.

 

                “Leave it to the ace assassin.” Hyunjae only smiled. “I can handle him.”


 

 

 

[MIYOUNG’S POV]

 

Kai picked me up and carried me in his arms, I clasped my wound trying to keep it shut and prevent more blood from flowing. I felt my body growing weaker by the minute.. My hands were cold.. And I was scared.

 

We ran out off the canteen. I don’t know how Kai did it but we were running through darkness
and I could only hear his breathing.

 

I was so scared I didn’t realized.. I was crying. “K-Kai..” I mumbled.

 

“Shhhh.. Don’t talk.” He answered back. “Just.. please.. hang in there.”

 

We finally reached the exit and Kai started sprinting.


 

 

 

                More gun shots came echoing from outside.

 

                “H-Hey, isn’t that the terrestrial who teleports?” Hyunsung peered out through the window and so did Hyunjae. “Minsu is still after them!”

 

                Sunghee gasped in horror. “S-Sehun! We have to help Kai and Miyoung!!” She pleaded, clutching firmly onto his clothes.

 

                Hyunjae glanced at Sunghee and then turned to Hyunsung. “Let’s go.”

 

                Hyunsung nodded. The two of them jumped off the window.


 

 

 

 

                “Tch. Stop running you ing alien!” Minsu muttered angrily as he was feet away shooting at Kai and Miyoung. But Kai kept disappearing out off his range.

 

                As Minsu was busy shooting everywhere... Stealthily, Hyunsung pointed his gun behind Minsu. “Hey!” He called out and pulled the trigger just exactly when Minsu turned to face him.

 

                “ARRHHHGGGG!” Minsu crashed to the ground clutching his stomach, his face painted with so much rage and agony. “What the are you doing?!”

 

                Sehun and Sunghee came running out of the building minutes after. She spotted Miyoung in Kai’s hands. “Miyoung!!” She screamed loudly and tried to run to them but Sehun pulled her back screaming her name. “Sunghee no!!”

 

                Minsu was back on his feet and took a shot at Sunghee.

 

                “AHHGGGG!” Hyunsung reached her just in time and took a bullet straight through his back. He fell on his knees.

 

                NOOO!! HYUNSUNG!!! From out of no where, Hyunjae appeared behind Minsu without him knowing. She was as steady and quiet as a ghost. “Go to hell, !” She muttered as she pulled her trigger and fired bullets all over Minsu. He didn’t even know what hit him; he died before he even crashed back the ground.

 

                Finally, Sunghee ran straight to Kai and Miyoung. She wept as she saw blood all over their clothes, “Miyoung! M-Miyoung!!”

 

                Sehun stood behind her in shock.

 

                Kai shot Sehun a panicked look. “Sehun, the gates!”

 

                Sehun understood. He took a breath and stretched his hands towards the gate. Great surges of extreme winds came whizzing from Sehun’s hands, it tore down the whole gate.

 

                Sunghee was stunned. “S-Sehun? H-How did you—?”

 

                “Go!” Sehun signaled. And Kai started running, still carrying Miyoung.  


 

 

 

 

           [MIYOUNG’S POV]

 

                “Miyoung! Miyoung! Come on, open your eyes!” Kai said breathlessly. “H-Hang in there.. Please!”

 

I could see tears in his eyes..

 

“Why?” I said weakly. “Why are you crying?”

 

I knew perfectly why.. He was exhausted.. The nearest hospital is probably miles away.. I knew he was loosing hope..

 

Kai tripped and fell on his knees, but I didn’t touch the ground.

 

“Put me down.” I told him.

 

“No, Miyoung..” He cried.

 

There was no more time left.. I knew it.

 

“Hey Kai, close your eyes.” I touched his eyelids. “I just.. wanted to try something.”

 

Slowly I helped my self up and kissed him.

 

Finally..

 

For the first and last time..

 

“Well what do you know?” I scoffed. “It looks like true love’s kiss isn’t the most powerful thing in the world.”

 

I’m dying..

 

“I’m so sorry.” Kai hugged me tightly. I could feel him was shaking. “I couldn’t protect you.”

 

“I would have hated my self if.. you got hurt.” It was almost like I was loosing my voice. “I’m happy.. I saved you.”

 

My vision was blurry.. But I felt Kai’s warmth and his tears trickling down on me.

 

“Don’t blame you self, Okay?” I smiled. “Because that would totally make me sad.” I laughed softly.

 

“Miyoung..” He sniffed

 

And my last words..

 

“I loved you… And I… Have no regets.”  


 

 

 

As Miyoung took her final breath it would seem Kai lost his' too. 
 

"Miyoung.. Miyoung.." He cried out her name softly..
 

He felt his heart tightened.. It ached.. It got harder to breath as his tears fell..
 

With her last kiss..
 

He realized he might have some feelings for Miyoung.. Maybe it wasn't Sunghee after all..
 

And now..
 

It was too late.