THE LINK [Chapter 21]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

 

 

THE LINK

[Chapter 21]

 

 

 

 

 

 

                Sunghee..

 

                A mass of murky shadow clouded her surroundings—enveloping her into the darkness, swallowing her into a pit of cold nothingness. A mysterious icy voice was calling out her name. It was such an alluring and bewitching voice, like some sort of incantation taking over her whole mind. She was helplessly enchanted. The very tone enthralled her heart—captivating her like a love spell.

 

                Come to me..

 

                She could see nothing but complete blind darkness but she felt her feet touching the ground leading her to where the enigmatic voice was coming from. “Who.. Where are you?” Out of her very own mouth, the words came out. There was an unexplainable desire inside her to pinpoint and find the stranger. “Tell me.. where are you?” She cried out into the dark.

 

                Sunghee.. come to me..

 

                The voice only kept calling out her name and her feet endlessly followed the voice to nowhere. Tears began to fill her eyes. “Where? Where? I can’t see..”

 

                But aside from her tears something else went and trickled down her shoulders and she shuddered with its icy touch. One after the other, more droplets came pouring down. It was raining. She felt her entire body getting soaked under the heavy drops of rain—yet still she sees nothing but darkness. Fear clasped Sunghee’s heart.

 

                Do not be frightened.. Come to me..

 

                But the hypnotic voice knew her fears and kept her to stand her ground. Reaching out her hand into deep dark emptiness she cried out. “Where?”

 

                Sunghee..

 

                A hand carefully brushed against her face. She felt it. Slowly the hand grasped her… until her whole body was under an embrace… the rain still trickling down from above… She sees nothing. But the final call somehow opened her eyes.. Open your eyes and look at me.. Her vision suddenly came to life as she saw a dashing young man right in front of her.. hugging her. A stranger she has never before encountered was embracing her under the cold rain..

 

                Still under the man’s deep enchanting trance, Sunghee uttered, “Who are you?”

 

                The boy’s eyes glimmered mystically. “I need you—

 

                But before the boy could finish his words a loud yell boomed out from nowhere. “SUNGHEE!!!!!!”

 

                Sunghee opened her eyes and woke up from one of her most baffling dream yet. She found her self standing in the middle of a desolated road, actually dripping wet beneath the pouring storm.

 

                “Sunghee!!” Sehun came rushing towards her holding an umbrella.

 

                 Blinking perplexedly she mumbled, “Where am I?—What am I doing here??” She looked around and concluded it must have been the dead of the night because there were no passers by.

 

                 Sehun took her under his umbrella and hugged her worriedly. “Luhan called and said you were missing!”

 

                 His warmth spread across her entire body rapidly even under such harsh weather. “Missing?” She tried to recall what happened. “There was a voice.. It was calling me.. I couldn’t—resist.” Even Sunghee found her self amused and scared of what she had just said. “A dream.. Was I dreaming?” Her body felt feeble and her head was light like she was in such a hung over. Her mind was not thinking straight.

 

                 Sehun got tensed. What voice?? He looked at her, but her eyes.. they looked like she was under such a powerful trance. “Sunghee, look at me.” He slapped her cheeks slightly. She blinked as if she was drunk. “What happened? Who was calling you? You have to tell me. Was it somebody you know?”

 

                 “No.” Drowsiness was starting to engulf Sunghee. The more she tried to concentrate on Sehun’s voice the more her knees felt weak and her eyes started to close. 

 

                 “Sehun.. I’m sleepy..” She yawned mindless of what mystery had just happened.

 

                 He looked around and found a waiting shed. “Let’s go there.” He pointed. “Then you can go hop on my back.”

 

***

                “She was what?!” Chanyeol almost chocked as he chewed the chunk of bread in his mouth.

 

                 Baekhyun showed the same exact reaction as Chanyeol did. His eyes wide open. “She was sleepwalking?!”

 

                 Joonmyun nodded, still looking troubled.

 

                 Kyungsoo placed a plate filled with freshly cooked eggs on the table and said, “And it was raining?”

 

                “She said there was a hypnotizing voice calling out her name.” Joonmyun slumped back down his seat.

 

                “That’s really strange.” Baekhyun said.

 

                “Is she alright?!” Bits of bread spurred out from his mouth as Chanyeol exclaimed.

 

                “She’s fine.” Joonmnyun said.

 

                “Do you think it’s because Sunghee is a royal-blood?” Kyungsoo guessed as he sat down taking a piece of egg.

 

                Baekhyun raised a brow and looked at Kyungsoo. “What would that have anything to do with this?”

 

                “Do you think someone is trying to take Sunghee away?!” Chanyeol’s voice grew even louder.

 

                “Shut up Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said as he shoved more bread in Chanyeol’s mouth so he’d stop yelling.

 

                “I’m guessing Sehun is right at Luhan’s house right now?” Kyungsoo said.

 

                Joonmyun shook his head.

 

                “What? Then where is he??” Chanyeol and Baekhyun both said at the same time.

 

                “He’s out investigating..”

 

***

                In a van parked right outside a hotel.

 

                “We are not making any progress!” The one sitting on the driver seat seemed so infuriated. “Where the hell is Daehyun?! We’ve been waiting for hours!”

 

                “Calm down, Yongguk.” A boy with lazy eyes yawned boredly.

 

                “But Himchan—he’s right!” Another boy spoke. “Zelo is still missing! We have to do something!!”

 

                “There he is!!” Another boy pointed outside and Daehyun was walking towards the van.

 

                The van door slid open.

 

                “What happened? Did you get her?” Himchan asked Daehyun as soon as the door opened.

 

                Daehyun shook his head.

 

                “Why do we even need that girl?! We could have found Zelo by now if we just searched for him!” Yongguk, the leader asked impatiently.  

 

                “I trust my visions.” Daehyun simply said.

 

                “Are your predictions about this girl even true!?” Yongguk said.

 

                “I had this vision.. She’ll help us find Zelo. I’m sure of it.” Daehyun assured the aggravated leader.

 

                “Then where is the girl??” Youngjae, the other boy asked.

 

                “There were… sudden  hindrances that occurred.” Daehyun said slyly.

 

                “I knew it.” Jongup, the last boy spoke. “We should have come with you.”

 

                “We'll try again?” Himchan asked.

 

                “It’s not that simple anymore.” Daehyun warned.

 

                 Yongguk looked at him. “Why not?”

 

                “She’s now heavily guarded.”

 

                “Well have to lay low for a while then.” Jongup said.

 

                “But Zelo—“ Youngjae was about to complain but realized that his groupmates probably know what they were doing.

 

                “We'll find him for sure Youngjae." Himchan comforted him.

 

                "Get in the car, Daehyun.” Yongguk ordered and he Daehyun followed.

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

B.A.P members:   

 

ZELO : 

Yongguk : 

Jongup :

 

Himchan : 

Youngjae : 

Daehyun : 

images are not mine and wholely belong to their rightful owners.