Loyal Knights [Chapter 25]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

 

Loyal Knights

[Chapter 25]

 

 

 

“But oppaaa~ I don’t want to sleep yet.” Little Sunghee scratched her cute little eyes and yawned, looking dissatisfied as she clung like a little koala onto Joonmyun’s side. “I wanna see Chanyeol oppa do more fire tricks!”

 

Joonmyun set her down and ruffled her hair, tucking her in under her pink bed sheets. “Don’t be so stubborn, Sunghee-yah.” He smiled and flicked her forehead. “How about a story? You can go play more with Chanyeol tomorrow.”

 

Sunghee pouted. “I’ve already heard so many stories! Like that girl with glass slippers who ate an apple and died. Oh! And that other one where there was a flying carpet! I’m tired of hearing those, oppa.”

 

Joonmyun laughed. Sure, she’s heard it all and thinks Cinderella ate the poison apple. “Then I’ll tell you a different story.”

 

That got her attention. With her brows up, she asked, “Really? What is it about?” She layed her head down on the pillow and eagerly waited for Joonmyun to start with the story.

 

Joonmyun sat next to her. “Why don’t you go drink your milk up first?” He got the glass of warm milk from the side table and handed it to her.

 

She made a face. “I hate milk. Do I really have to?”

 

“No, that’s okay. But it’s too bad, though. Sehun went to all the trouble of making this for you.” Joonmyun lied, knowing fully how fond Sunghee was of Sehun. She would never say no. “I’ll just drink it my self, then.”

 

“Wait! No! Okay. I’ll drink it!” Sunghee quickly grabbed the glass and gulped it down.

 

Joonmyun chuckled. “I thought you hated milk?”

 

“It’s okay. Sehun says it makes people grow taller.” Her whole face beamed with joy. “I’ll grow big someday and marry Sehun, oppa!”

 

“W-What?!” Joonmyun almost choked. “You’re too young to think of things like those!”

 

“That’s why I said ‘when I grow bigger’.” Sunghee said.

 

“Wh-What.. Ugh.” Joonmyun sighed. “Let’s just get on with the story, okay?”

 

“Hmm…Okay.” She smiled.

 

“It all started with a baby.”

 

“A baby?”

 

“Yes, just like you.” Joonmyun pinched her cheeks.

 

“I’m not a baby anymore!” She complained.

 

“Alright, Alright.” Joonmyun stopped. “Anyways, back to the story. There was a queen and she was about to deliver a baby. Their whole kingdom was rejoicing for the birth of their future ruler.”

 

“Is there a King?”

 

“Of course there is. But the King was away in an expedition.”

 

“Oppa, what’s an expedition?” Sunghee asked.

 

“It’s.. something like..a business trip.” Joonmyun patiently answered every question.

 

“The King was away doing business? But doesn’t he care about his baby? Shouldn’t he be at home with the Queen?”

 

Joonmyun smiled. “Yes, Yes. You’re definitely right. That’s why when the King heard that his wife was about to deliver the baby, he quickly rushed to get home. But because he was in such haste, an accident happened.”

 

Sunghee gasped and shut her eyes frightfully. “And then what? Did he die? What about his baby?”

 

She was too absorbed by the story that she didn’t notice the change in Joonmyun’s expressions. “Yes.. the king died and he never came back home but no one knew about the accident. The whole kingdom thought the King was just too busy to come back home. Days passed after a baby princess was born and no one but the queen grew worried about the King’s whereabouts. The Queen couldn’t eat or sleep thinking of her husband, waiting for him to go home and meet their baby.”

 

Sunghee was now crying, feeling sorry for the Queen and her baby. “And then what did they do??”

 

“The queen decided to look for the King himself. She picked only a handful of the most powerful knights to come with her for protection and they all swore an oath to protect the Queen and the baby with their lives forever—even on to the last of their descendants are bound to protect the royal family.” Joonmyun patted her head and wiped her tears. “And so they went and searched for the King but years passed and she never found him. Eventually she grew and tired and finally gave up.”

 

Joonmyun realized that Sunghee had already fallen asleep. But he continued on with his story, Sunghee’s hair peacefully with care.

 

“The universe is just too vast and wide. There are billions of galaxies and endless possibilities and places to look for.

 

 ‘I would never be able to find him’ one day the queen said with tears in her eyes. She couldn’t go back to her own planet after what she had done—leaving the kingdom without a word. It was a deed of dishonor and disgrace to the royal family.

 

As a last act of respect for her people, she decided to cast herself away and stayed on the last planet she searched, called Earth. She told not a single soul about her departure, not even her loyal knights, bringing the princess with her.

 

Only, the Queen grew depressed day by day and grew sick. Her powers weakened. In due course, she died and her poor princess was left in the hands of humans.

 

The faithful knights were too devoted to the promise they gave and so they went searching for the lost princess. In years the Knights were forced to reproduce with earthlings so that they could continue the search… Their kids… half humans… continued looking for the princess and finally… they found her.”

 

Joonmyun finished his story and looked sincerely contented.

 

“It isn’t exactly happily every after but… I am glad…we found you, princess.” He gave the little girl a kiss on the forehead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.....

Wake up, kid!” A voice echoed at full volume, disrupting Sunghee’s dreams.

 

Sunghee opened her eyes. Nothing had changed. She was still inside a big luxurious-looking room. Only, she saw an old man starring back at her and a young boy right next to him.

 

“Oh look, she’s finally awake.” Zelo’s dished out, with a foul grin plastered across his face.

 

Then Sunghee remembered she was with Daehyun, but it looked like he wasn’t there. “Where is Daehyun?” She glared and realized her hands were tied.

 

“Oh, We took him out. He looked like he needed some fresh air.” Zelo’s sarcasm only made Sunghee despise him even more.

 

“What did you do to him?” She asked again. “What do you want with me?!”

 

The old man walked up to her and pulled her chin up. “I’m going to make you watch how all your friends die.” His terrifying voice made Sunghee shiver.

 

Then he snapped his finger and ordered Zelo around. “Pick her up, Boy. The show is about to start.”

 

“Show? Wh-What are you talking about?” Sunghee tried to sound as unafraid as she could. “Don’t touch me!” She kicked Zelo away but he was too strong. She screamed as he picked her up and carried her like a sack of potatoes. “Let! Me! Go!”

 

“Shut up or I’ll throw you out from the roof!” Zelo threatened her.

 

 

 

 

 

…………………………………………………………………………

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure this is where they took her?” Joonmyun whispered. They were now at the front of a mysterious looking gate.

 

“That’s what Hyunjae said through the phone.” Xiumin nodded. “This is where that general lives.”

 

"How long until Jongin and Hyunjae get here?" Tao asked.

 

"Soon enough." Xiumin answered.

 

“The house looks so big and fancy.” Chanyeol said. “There are probably guards and defenses all over the house.”

 

“We’ve gotta go look!” Sehun demanded. “We can’t just sit around!”

 

“I know, Sehun.” Joonmyun calmed him down. “But we have to be careful. They might hurt her if we don’t act carefully.”

 

“I.. I just..”

 

“We’ll get her back.” Xiumin assured him.

 

“What’s taking the others so long?” Tao spoke. “They should have sent a signal by now.”

 

“Relax.” Joonmyun said. “I can sense Luhan. He’s already gotten inside along with Kris and the others.”

 

“Just a few more minutes…” Tao bit his lips anxiously.

 

“The security system will be down soon enough.” Chanyeol said.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

“There!” Sehun pointed to a stream of light. From inside the house, Baekhyun flashed a hand to signal the rest.

 

“Alright, Xiumin. Do your thing.” Joonmyun said.

 

Flexing his hands, Xiumin held on to the a part of the gate, slowly turning it to fragile ice. Finally, Xiumin nodded to Chanyeol. “My turn.” Chanyeol stepped up and with a single touch of his palm, the gate of ice melted, turning into vapor.

 

Not a sound was made throughout the whole thing.

 

“Alright.” Sehun went in first and the rest followed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note:

I would like to sincerely apologize for the long wait. But the good news is that I've fanally taken my exams and that I am already on holidays (for the next two weeks) and I promise I would write as often as I could to finally finish this story. Again, I apologize for making you wait. :(

And Again, Thank you for being here on this page, readng my story.

I appreciate it♥

Lot's of love, 

Oppas_Girl