Abducted [Chapter 24]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

 

Abducted

[Chapter 24]

 

 

 

                “So uhm, this is makeup?” Hyunjae her lush pink lips, blinking at Sunghee who was enthusiastically brushing makeup along Hyunjae’s cheeks.

 

                Sunghee beamed. “Aww, Hyunjae you look so pretty!” She said, feeling proud of her work.

 

                Jongin who had been sitting at Sunghee’s bed for almost an hour with his arms crossed, grunted. “Ughhh~ How much longer are we going to wait?”

 

                “Shut it, Jongin.” Sunghee hissed. She was not fixing Hyunjae’s hair. “Everyone has to look pretty today.”

 

                “Can I just remind you? It’s our graduation. Why are you making her look pretty? You should be fixing your self.” Jongin rolled his eyes.

 

                “I’m done fixing my self. Besides, it doesn’t hurt to have some guys check her out, right?”

 

                “No. That’s not right.” He finally gave up and slumped back down on the bed, muttering how girls are so irritating under his breath.

 

                “What does ‘checking out’ mean?” Hyunjae asked.

 

                “It means—“

 

                “Don’t ask her things, because she’ll just fill your head with stupid things!” Jongin quickly interrupted before Sunghee could answer.

 

                “But I want to know—“ Hyunjae looked at Sunghee.

 

                Suddenly Sehun came knocking in, looking dashing with his slightly combed hair. “Hey guys.”

 

                “Woah. What happened to your hair?” Jongin gawked with huge eyes.

 

                Sehun blushed. “W-What? Does it look weird?”

 

                “He looks good.” Hyunjae suddenly said, looking at Sunghee.

 

                 Sunghee looked up at Sehun and smiled shyly. “He does.” She whispered to Hyunjae.

 

                “Thanks.” Sehun muttered shyly.

 

                Once again Jongin rolled his eyes. He couldn’t stand any more of this girl talk. It’s going to drive him nuts if he had to spend another hour listening to their girly conversation.

 

                “Jongin looks good too doesn’t he, Hyunjae?” Sunghee said sarcastically.

 

                But Hyunjae didn’t get the joke. “Yes, he looks quite nice.”

 

                Sehun laughed at Jongin’s reaction.

 

                “S-Shut up!” Jongin looked away.

 

                “Are you almost ready?” Sehun asked.

 

                Finishing the last touches to Hyunjae’s hair, Sunghee smiled triumphantly and said, “Yup. All done!”

 

                “Ughh. Finally.” Jongin said.

 

***

 

                “Everyone ready?” Joonmyun looked over the rearview mirror and checked if everyone was sitting and no one was missing.

 

                “Yeahh~!” Everyone answered.

 

                “Alright, Let’s get going.” The van’s engine roared alive with a start and it drove off.       

 

                “Hey, whose foot was that?!” Chanyeol yelled and squirmed in his crowded seat.

 

                “Mine!” Baekhyun reached out.

 

                “Stop moving! It’s already crowded enough!” Jongin complained as he was being squished.

 

                “Get a room you two.” Kris then pointed to Sunghee and Sehun who seemed busy cuddling.

 

                “There’s no more room.” Sehun smirked. “We’re packed like sardines in a can.”               

 

                “Gege are we there yet?” Tao asked impatiently. He was squished between Lay and Kris too.

 

                “We just left a few seconds ago, Tao.” Lay said.

 

                “It’s so hot.” Tao complained.

 

                “Hey Chen, do you have candy?” Xiumin asked.

 

                “No, why?”

 

                “I’m feeling a little car sick.”

 

                “W-What!? Hey! No throwing up in the car, baozi!” They all scooted away, squishing each other even more.

 

***

 

                Everyone got out of the car a little too excitedly when they reached the school. They actually came thirty minutes too early so there weren’t much people around yet. Of course Jongin had to complain. They had to hang around thirty more minutes before the graduation even begins.         

 

                “Who said we had to come so early?” Jongin asked.

 

                Nobody answered. None of them actually knew what time the graduation will start, they were just too excited to get out of the house.

 

                “Hey Joonmyun hyung—Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and I’ll just go hit the canteen and kill some time.” Chanyeol tugged at Joonmyun’s shirt. “We’re hungry.”

 

                “Alright, go then.”

 

                Yeol pouted and scratched his head. “But we don’t have money. You have all the money.”

 

                Joonmyun sighed. “Fine. Fine.” He pulled out his wallet and handed them each money.

 

                Then, Tao looked up cutely at Kris. Kris looked at him weirdly and asked, “What? You want money too?”

 

                Tao nodded. Kris didn’t hand him any money, instead he said, “I’ll come with you.” He turned around and asked, “You guys coming?”

 

                “Your treat?” Luhan asked.

 

                “Well it’s not like any of you have money.” Kris rolled his eyes.

 

                Xiumin smiled and clapped his hand. “Alright! The leader’s treat! Lets go!”

 

                “I saw a shop right outside!” Chen suggested. “Can we go there? Canteen food .”

 

                “Really?” Chanyeol gaped. “Okay, Baek—change of plans. Were going with them.” He pulled Baekhyun and followed the rest of the guys.

 

                “You coming?” Kyungsoo asked Sehun and Sunghee.

 

                “I need to go to the rest room.” Sunghee said.

 

                “I’ll go wait for you.” Sehun held her hand.

 

                “No. It’s okay. You can go ahead. I’ll follow.” She smiled and gave him a slight push towards Kyungsoo who was waiting.

 

                “Are you sure?” Sehun asked.

 

                “Yeah, she’s sure.” Kyungsoo interrupted. “Now come on pretty boy, I’m getting hungry.” He pulled Sehun from the collar and dragged him away.

 

                “Be quick, okay?” Sehun waved.

 

                Sunghee laughed. “Okay.”

 

***

 

                “She’s alone.” Yongguk whispered.

 

                “I can see that.” Daehyun pushed Yongguk backwards slightly. “She might see you—and keep it down.”

 

                “We have to do it now.” Jongup demanded.

 

                Daehyun nodded.

 

 

 

***

 

                Sunghee pushed open the girls’ bathroom door. No one was inside. It was quiet but her senses were telling her she wasn’t alone. She looked over the stalls.

 

                “Uhm, is anybody here?” Her voice creepily echoed through the whole restroom.

 

                There was no answer. She decided to ignore the disturbing feeling and turned to face the mirror, she almost screamed in shock when she saw someone beside her.

 

                “H-Hyunjae!?” Sunghee gasped. “Y-You scared me!”

 

                Hyunjae blinked. “Sorry.”

 

                Sunghee sighed in relief. “It’s okay. Why didn’t you go with the guys?”

 

                “I had the feeling.. that I should follow you.” Hyunjae said directly.

 

                Sunghee found that confusing and weird. She was having a weird feeling too, but she couldn’t quite figure out what it was. “Why?”

 

                “I don’t kn—“ Hyunjae’s eyes rolled up and she suddenly collapsed to the ground.

 

                Sunghee had no time to scream. When Hyunjae dropped to the ground, a man appeared right in front of her and covered . “Keep it down doll face.” He said.

 

                And then another man came in. “What the hell is this, Yongguk?” He looked at the unconscious girl on the floor.

                    

                Two guys inside the girls bathroom. How tacky- but Yongguk couldn't care less.

 

                “She barged in.” Yongguk replied nonchalantly. “I had to take care of that.”

 

                Sunghee trembled with the sound of the man’s voice. She couldn’t cry out for help. His hands were clamped down on so strongly. She looked over at Hyunjae who was so easily knocked out even though she was an assassin. It scared her. She was probably defenseless against them.

 

                She tried to kick Yongguk. “Argh! Stop squirming!” He yelled. “Daehyun, calm her down!”    

 

                Daehyun walked up to Sunghee and looked her in the eyes. He didn’t look scary at all. He had that calm handsome vibe—but Sunghee was afraid and her eyes cried frightful tears. She had just realized he was the same guy from her dream. The guy who was calling out her name. What is this? What’s going on?

 

                “Don’t cry.” His voice echoed through her head. Suddenly her nerves had calmed down and her tears stopped flowing.

 

                    Who are you? What do you want?

 

                Daehyun suddenly felt a hand grip on to his leg. He turned around and saw Hyunjae half awake. Daehyun squatted down and touched Hyunjae’s face.

 

                No! Hyunjae! Don’t hurt her! Sunghee wanted to scream.

 

                As if Daehyun heard her thoughts, he looked at Sunghee and said, “I won’t hurt her.” And then he looked down at Hyunjae and said, “Sleep.” Hyunjae instantly went back to being unconscious.

 

                “Alright, Alright. Now make her sleep too.” Yongguk gestured towards Sunghee. “She’ll be hard to carry while she’s conscious.”

 

                   No! Please, No! Just let me go! What do you want with me?!

 

                “Calm down.” Daehyun’s power of manipulation was so strong. “Do not be scared. We won’t hurt you.”

 

                Sehun.. Sehun.. Sehun! She kicked and punched but Yongguk’s hold was too strong. Help! Someone! Help me!

 

               “Close your eyes.” Daehyun brushed a hand against her cheek. Sunghee’s eye lids closed straightaway. “Go to sleep, Sunghee.

 

                She tried to fight the sudden cloud of drowsiness but it was just too powerful. She fell asleep.

 

***

 

                It’s been fifteen minutes and Hyunjae and Sunghee still hasn’t come back. Sehun was starting to get the feeling he had to go and check. He stood up and decided to go.

 

                “Where are you going? The graduation starts in five minutes.” Joonmyun said.

 

                “I’ll go check up on Sunghee.” He said.

 

                “She’s with Hyunjae, don’t worry so much.” Baekhyun munched down on his sandwich.

 

                Suddenly, Jongin stood up.

 

                “And where are you going?” Kris asked him.

 

                “Out.” Jongin calmly walked out off the restaurant without another word.

 

                “I’ll come with you.” Sehun didn’t hesitate to follow.

 

                 Sehun knew where Jongin was going. “You’re going to look for Hyunjae, aren’t you?” He asked.

 

                 “N-No.” Jongin looked away.

 

                 “Sunghee said she was just going to the bathroom.” Sehun said a little worriedly. “Should we check there?”

 

                 “I.. I’m not looking for them!” Jongin denied.

 

                 “Whatever. Just come with m—“ Sehun’s eyes grew big and his mouth dropped open when he saw Hyunjae walking limply. “Hyunjae!” He pointed.

 

                 Jongin saw it. She was leaning on the wall trying to stand up and walk. He quickly ran up to her and caught her before she could fall over. “Hyunjae!” He panicked. Suddenly the image of Miyoung and blood struck his mind. His mind and heart raced in alarm. Suddenly the thought of loosing Hyunjae too scared him.

 

                 “Hyunjae! What happened?!” Sehun reached for her. “Where’s Sunghee?!”

 

                  Hyunjae was cold and physically flaccid, still affected by Daehyun’s mind control.

 

                 “Th..ey.. took her..” She muffled and tried to sit up straight, but Jongin wouldn’t allow him. “Stay down!” He said.

 

                 “Took her?! Who?! Where?!” Sehun dropped to floor with his pulse out of rate.

 

                 “What did they want??” Jongin asked.

 

                 “I.. don’t..know..” She inhaled. “But I..placed a tracking device..on—on the other guy.. on his leg..” She pulled out her phone and showed him. The beeping red light showed where Daehyun was. “She needs..help.” Hyunjae finally said.

 

                 Sehun held the phone in his hands. “Hyung, I have to go.” He told Jongin as he stood up and sent winds exploding from his hands to open the closest window and he jumped out and started running to the van. He was going to drive.

 

                 Turning the key, the engine came to life and Sehun quickly hit the gas and drove off. Who ever dared to hurt Sunghee was going to pay. Sehun was mad and someone’s gunna have to pay.

 

                 “Sunghee, I’m coming.”