Last successor's command [Chapter 31 - II]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

Last successor's command

[Chapter 31 - II]

 

 

 

Sunghee could feel her heart drumming loudly as she went and opened the door. Once she had stepped foot inside, seeing Sehun struggling to keep himself standing, her feet instantly dragged herself to get to him. "Sehun!" Hugging him as tightly as she could. 
 
 
The world was spinning from Sehun's point of view. Everything was swirling and he was trying not to fall over. The moment he had opened his eyes and had woken up, he knew. He just knew he didn't have much time left. Panic grew in him. He wanted to yell out Sunghee's name but trying to stand up was already hard enough. He was just too weak and drained. "Sunghee." Finally having her in his arms like that he felt relieved- at the same time it was killing him inside. "I don't have much left in me.." His embrace showed no signs of strain. If he was going to die, at least he'd like to die like this, in Sunghee's arms. He couldn't think of anything else to say at that point. No one would really know what to say at the moment they're dying, would they? The only words he uttered were, "Sunghee, I love you." With tears in his eyes. He never wanted to let go.
 
 
All the same, Sunghee found sore from crying. Hearing him say it made it harder choosing to possibly risk her life and die. What would heaven be like without Sehun? "And I love you." She replied. "Sehun... I... I won't let go. I won't let you go."
 
 
He never thought the 'promise till death do us part' would actually come to this. He isn't ready. Sehun wanted to believe he was going to make it and live out the rest of his life with her. Why... had fate been so cruel? 
 
 
Every second passing by, Sehun fought the drowsiness engulfing him slowly. Closing his eyes... would mean death. It was time to say goodbye. "I will always... love y-"
 
 
"Oh Sehun, don't close your eyes just yet!" Sunghee interrupted just in time, both her body and voice shaking. "I wholeheartedly will and give you... the rest of what's left in me." 
 
 
Just as she had said the words, her body once again glowed, shining in the middle of the dark eery room- vanishing death's presence away.