MIYOUNG'S FEELINGS [CHAPTER 13]

What Is Love?

 

               

 

 

 

MIYOUNG'S FEELINGS

[CHAPTER 13]

 

 

 

 

                “No, Chanyeol! That one’s physics!” Suho scolded. “Don’t put that there!”

 

                “Hyung, They all look the same to me!” Chanyeol said as he carried a pile of books on one hand and the other hand was placing books to the shelves.

 

                “They have titles on them you—!” Suho bit his lip in annoyance. “Ahhg~ Read them!”

 

                Chanyeol pouted innocently, looking at the book in his other hand. “But reading takes time.. And I really wanna finish soon so I can go see Sunghee.” He muttered to himself.

 

                . . .

 

                Meanwhile, the teacher was a little late and so Sunghee’s class currently still has no homeroom teacher. Apparently the teacher had some emergency to attend to and it only meant one thing for the students… It’s ‘Do-whatever-we-want’ time for them.

 

                Everyone had someone else to talk to, laughing around and making noises. Boys were running around, some girls were doodling on the board. It was a scene of chaos inside the classroom.

 

                Amidst all the chaos Sehun stood up away from all the girls trying to converse with him. Most of the time he understood only one percent of  what they were actually talking about.

 

               “Where are you going Sehun?” They asked.

 

               He ignored. Sehun walked towards Sunghee who was sitting on her chair surrounded by Miyoung and Kai. Obviously Miyoung was ranting about something and Kai looked like he’d rather just be sleeping—Sunghee was listening attentively.

 

                Sunghee looked up at him and smiled. “Sehun~ah.”

 

                Sehun scratched his head shyly and lent out his hand. “Here.” He said.

 

                Sunghee, Miyoung and Kai looked at what Sehun had in his hands. There was a piece of candy and something else. “What is that?” Sunghee pointed.

 

                “I noticed you were.. biting your lips lately.” Sehun felt jittery and nervous. Almost like he had butterflies in his stomach. What is this? I’m looking like an idiot.

 

                Sunghee touched her lips. “Oh yeah. You’re right!” She smiled brightly. “I woke up one night feeling a sting on my lips! I don’t know where I got it though.” She said.

 

                “I just thought I’d buy you this ointment. It’ll help heal your lip.” Sehun pulled a shy smile. She doesn't remember.. 

 

                “Wow, that’s really nice of you Sehun!” Miyoung grabbed the candy off Sehun’s hand. “Thanks for this.” She held it up and smiled.

 

                “Miyoung! That’s mine!” Sunghee whined, trying to take the candy back.

 

                Kai just sat there looking at them without a word.

 

                “It’s just candy, Sunghee!” Miyoung unwrapped the candy and shoved it in with a giggle.

 

                “Aishhh! You’re impossible.” Sunghee said.

 

                Sehun searched his pocket and handed Sunghee another candy. “That’s okay, Sunghee. I still have another one.” He smiled.

 

                She realized how childish she acted and heat rushed up to her cheeks. “Ahah~ I… Well… Thank you.” She accepted the candy embarrassedly.

 

                “Take a seat, Sehun.” Miyoung invited him pulling a chair. “Talking to those girls must be excruciating, isn’t it?” She laughed. “They talk nonsense.”

 

                Kai yawned thinking Just like you, Miyoung. He smirked at his own private joke.

 

                “What’s so funny, Hyung?” Sehun noticed and asked him with a grin. He sat down.

 

                Kai stretched his arms up and placed them behind his head. “I just think most girls talk nonsense.”

 

                Miyoung got the message. “Aigoo~ Why are you so mean to me, Kai? You must really like me a lot, don’t you?”

 

                “W-haha-What?!” Kai almost fell from his chair. He looked at Sehun. “See? What did I tell you? Nonsense. Girls talk nonsense!”

 

                Sehun chuckled. “I don’t generalize, Hyung.”

 

                Sunghee laughed. She seemed unoffended by the whole thing. Probably because she knew Kai meant the joke for Miyoung. He’s always been mean to her for some reason. They were always arguing like a cat and a dog would chase each other.

 

                “Alright, then what do boys talk about!?” Miyoung spat. “I bet it’s all cars and girls and star wars and stuff!!”

 

                “Star wars?!” Kai scoffed. “Only nerds talk about star wars.”

 

                “I’ve actually never seen star wars.” Sehun added.

 

                “Oh stop it you two.” Sunghee said breathlessly laughing. “Stop ganging up on Miyoung.”

 

                Miyoung sighed. “I just knew it… this is my fate. To be bullied by men.”

 

                “Don’t be silly.” Sunghee gave her a pat in the shoulder. “At least your boyfriend loves you.”

 

                Miyoung’s expression changed. “Right.. about that..”

 

                “What is it?” Sunghee detected the difference in her tone. “Did he—“

 

                “I broke up with him.” Miyoung confessed. She forced a smile. “But you know.. It doesn’t even matter. It was just like a fling or something.. haha.”

 

                Sunghee gave Miyoung a hug. She looked around, but it seemed that he wasn’t in the classroom. “You don’t need him. You have me.”

 

                “He wasn’t worth it anyway.” Kai added.

 

                “He probably isn’t.” Sehun agreed in attempt to comfort Miyoung too.

 

                “He was skinny as a stick.” Kai informed Sehun.

 

                Miyoung laughed. “Yeah he was.. Thanks you guys.”