MORE CONTINUATION. . .

What Is Love?

 

 

 

                It was nearly midnight and Sehun still couldn’t sleep. The thought of having Sunghee at his apartment made him feel so happy—yet sad, because she still doesn’t remember who he was. Earlier when she referred to him as a friend he was filled with discontent. He knew he was more than that.

 

                He wanted to go and check up on her and see if she was sleeping alright. He was worried about her because he knew something was wrong. She didn’t want to go home. Something must have happened.

 

                Meanwhile,

 

                Sehun was exactly spot on for thinking something is wrong. Sunghee was feeling a little thirsty after having cried for several minutes in her room. So much for needing space. She just needed to cry her eyes out, apparently. Sunghee went to the kitchen and looked at the refrigerator but it was empty. It made her wonder why, though. Three men in one house and the fridge is empty. But who cares about that? was throbbing and she was thirsty. She needed to fix that firt. Finally, she opened a drawer and found a bottle.

 

                She opened the bottle. “What is this?” She muttered as she sniffed. It smells really sweet. Is it juice? Sunghee took a sip. It tasted sweet and it was all she could find, so she drank it.

 

                . . .

 

                Should I check up on her? Sehun laid wide awake.  No. No. What if she’s awake? She might get freaked out. He shook his head. Finally, he stood up and walked out the room. Checking wouldn’t hurt.

 

                Sehun was stunned.

 

                He saw Sunghee sitting at the floor, in the kitchen. 

 

                “Sunghee, What are you doing?” He quickly ran up to her side.

 

                Her head was bobbing from left to right like she had no balance. Then she smiled. “Sehun~ah!” She wrapped her arms around his neck.

 

                “What the—“ Instantly, his heart drummed.

 

                “Sehun~ah. You won’t ever lie to me, right?” Sunghee said drunkly. “Not like everyone else, right?” She started crying.

 

                “Sunghee, What’s that you’re holding?” Sehun tried hard not to lose his focus and asked as he tried to sit up straight with Sunghee’s hug weighing him down.

 

               Sunghee released him and looked at the bottle in her hand. “This? I dunno.. I found it on your drawer.” She giggled a little, the amazement was evident on her face. “It tasted really sweet, so I drank it!”

 

                “That’s grape wine, Sunghee.” Sehun sighed problematically. “You’re drunk.” That can’t be good.

 

                “It tastes good.” She her lips and blinked. “Can I have more?”

 

                “No. No. That’s enough wine for you.” He took the bottle off her hands and threw it into the nearest bin, cursing himself for not hiding it somewhere else. Then, Sehun carried her off to his room and laid her down on the futon. “Go to sleep, okay?”

 

                But she sat back up and tugged at his sando. “I don’t want to sleep.” She pouted, rubbing her eyes.

 

                He sat next to her and looked at her—just looked at her. This was a whole new different side to Sunghee that he has never seen before. He never knew she acts this childish when she gets drunk. Actually, before, he would never allow her to ever drink anything with even the slightest alcohol in it. Sehun couldn’t help but smile. It reminded of him of the times he had with Sunghee as a kid.

 

                “Why are you smiling?” She blinked for the nth time.

 

                Sehun brushed his hand along her hair. “You’re adorable, you know that?”

 

                Sunghee shook her head. “No.”

 

                He chuckled. “Well, you are. Okay? Now, go to sleep.”

 

                Sunghee grabbed and hugged him again and rested her head on his shoulder. “Sehun-ah’s smile is really nice.” She sighed. “But you’re always sad.” She continued.

 

                “I am?”

 

              “I look at Sehun-ah’s eyes and I always feel sadness.” Sunghee hugged him tighter, imagining a cuddly teady bear in her petite arms. At the moment, she may have possibly acqquired a mental cappacity of a seven year old girl. “I don’t like seeing Sehun sad.”

 

                “Then, how about this? I will always smile when Sunghee is around.” Sehun said poked her cheeks. “Is that alright with Sunghee?”

 

                Sunghee nodded with a yawn.

 

                “Is Sunghee ready to sleep now?” Sehun smiled.

 

                 She shook her head.

 

                “Sunghee is being a naughty girl right now. You should get some sleep.” Sehun scolded as if talking to a little kid. It was quite fun while it lasted.

 

                 Sunghee was a very bad girl indeed because she just had the most riddiculous idea to bite his neck. That's what you get for calling her 'naughty'!

 

                 Sehun felt the sting but didn’t yell. “Ow. Did you just bite me on the neck?”

 

                “That was really mean, Sunghee.” He bit his lips. PULL YOUR SELF TOGETHER SEHUN. His heart raced.

 

                “I dun wanna goo too sleeepp~” She pulled away from him and started ing her clothes, rolling over the futton.

 

                “W-What are you doing?!” Sehun stopped her before she could even dare. "Sunghee-yah!" Once again, he had to use that voice wherein he sounded like he was scolding a baby.

 

                “Your pajamas are really big!” She mummbled. “It’s so hot.”

 

                “We’ll open the windows! Okay?” Sehun reasoned with her, holding her hands tightly.

 

                “No!” She fussed around even more. “They might come and take me away!” She started crying again.

 

                “Shhh.” Sehun pulled her up and hugged her. “No one is going to take you away, alright?”

 

                 He then looked right into her eyes and wiped her tears.

 

                 Sunghee slowly leaned closer and kissed him out of the blue. But Sehun quickly pulled away. This was certainly one heck of a roller coaster ride for the boy. All the butterflies in his stomach rummbled, making him tingle from head to toe- but he had to keep himself in check. “S-Sunghee, you can’t do things like that, okay?” His heart drummed so much it almost hurts.

 

                “Why not?” She asked innocently like it was nothing.

 

                Because… I might not be able to control my self. He thought.

 

                “Forget about her.” Sunghee said. “I think Sehun is better off without her.”

 

                Sehun looked at her. Okay, maybe she wasn't acting like such a seven year old baby after all. She was just a drunk teenager, that's all. “Why would you say that?”

 

                “If she left Sehun.. Then she isn’t worth it.” Sunghee caressed his lips one more time.

 

                At first Sehun knew what he was doing. It was all good. Act like you're not excited? Check. Act like you don't feel a thing? Check. He saluted himself for being such a sport at acting.

 

               But, every second that lasted with Sunghee's lips on his... every sense of restraint inside him lost it. 

 

               Self control? ------------ It just left Sehun and Boarded a cargo ship off to africa. He lost it all.

        

               The next second he found himself kissing her back.

 

                “That’s not true..” He slowly laid her down on the futon. “You will always be worth it.” He whispered in her ears.

 

               He laid on top of her, kissing every part from her shoulders.. to her neck.. to the back of her ears.. on her cheeks.. and finally on her lush warm lips. How long has it been since he's kissed her? It's been too long. But every single inch of her felt familiar. Sunghee was still Sunghee.

 

                Sehun kissed with so much longing and intensity. Sunghee’s chest pumped up and down gasping for air. Her hands crept up along under his shirt revealing his fit body.                 

 

                Suddenly Sunghee whimpered.

 

                The excitement got to him. Sehun didn’t realize he bit her lips, not until he tasted the blood on .

               

                Sehun stopped. “I.. I’m—I’m sorry.”

 

                He sat up and pulled down his sando. Sunghee just utterly looked confused. She didn't realize she was bit at all.

 

                “Does it hurt?” He touched her lips.

 

                Sunghee only shook her head.

 

                “You should go to sleep.” He said finally.

 

                “Sehun~ah.. Please stay.” She said.

 

                Sehun kissed her on the forehead and whispered..

 

                “I can’t — Being in the same room with you and resisting my self, not to losing control, and not to touch you... It’s too hard.”

 

                 "Sehun.."

 

                "Tomorrow, if you happen to remember everything that happened tonight..."

 

                "What?"

 

                "Nothing.." He took it all back. He snatched one final kiss to the cheeks and bid her goodnight. As he closed the door behind him, he wished he could permanently mark the memory in her head. He wanted her to remember, at least, just this night. Maybe if she did... maybe he'd stand a chance. Maybe there was hope.