REGRETS [Chapter 16 – Part II]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

REGRETS

[Chapter 16 – Part II]

 

 

                “I’ll go look in the classroom.” Sehun said.

 

                “I’ll check some other rooms too.” Sunghee offered.

 

                Miyoung stayed quiet for some reason. She was stuck with Kai.

 

                “We’ll look at the library.” Kai started walking.

 

                “Call us if you found it.” Miyoung waved, running to catch up to Kai.


 

 

 

Meanwhile, Lurking in the school building shadows..

 

Hyungsung’s sharp eyes locked on its targets..

 

“Targets have split in to two groups.” He touched his ear device.
“Two on the right wing, two stories high. Two on the third floor.”

 

Minsu answered with a wicked malicious tone, “Dibs on the one who teleports. That one’s mine.”

 

Hyunsung felt hesitation in his guts, “I don’t care.”

 

 “My My Hyunsung.. Mind your attitude. Remember what I told you.” Minsu jeered.

 

Tch. This son of a . Hyunsung thought.  

 

 


 

 

 

 

[Sunghee’s POV]

 

                I ducked down at every corners and chair I could possibly search but there was no sign of Miyoung’s phone anywhere. I tried calling it a few times but it was probably turned off.

 

                But, it was the weirdest thing. I had this feeling.. Something bad was going to happen..

 

                My heart.. was pumping nervously for some reason..

 

 


   

 

 

[Miyoung’s POV]

 

 

I stayed focused on finding my cellphone. It must be somewhere here in the library.


I can’t lose that. I just can’t. The chain hanging on it.. it was Kai’s only gift to me..


I have to find it.

 

“Kai, did you find anything?” I asked as I searched the floor.

 

“No.” He said.

 

I stood up and wiped sweat off my face. I could see Kai from where I stood. He was in the Math isle.

But that’s when I saw something… I thought it was my imagination…

 

“Kai!” I called him. “Could you come here a sec?”

 

His head peered out the bookshelf. “What is it?”

 

Something felt wrong. “I just.. just come here.”

 

Kai stopped his search and walked towards me. “What?” He asked.

 

Then I saw it again. Hairs from my neck stood up. Behind Kai, It was a man with such evil eyes.
He had a gun and was pointing towards Kai's back.
I panicked. I pushed him with all my strength away before bullets started raining down on us.

 

“Kai!” I landed on to off him. I closed my eyes and when I opened them..

 

We were back down on the canteen floor. I have no idea what happened.

 

It was like... magic.

 


 

 

 

 

“What was that!?” Sunghee gasped in terror as sounds of bullet echoed through the whole building.

 

Before she knew it, Someone grabbed her from behind and covered . It didn’t seem like a man, it was a woman because her hands were small.

 

It was Hyunjae, the assassin.

 

HEEEELP! She kept squirming and kicking, trying to find a way out of the girl’s hold on her.

 

“Shhh~ I’m not going to hurt you.” She whispered to Sunghee’s ears. “Calm down.”

 

Sunghee eventually calmed down. And when she did Hyunjae said, “Your friends are in trouble.”  

 

Hyunjae released her. Sunghee turned around and looked at Hyunjae with frightened eyes. “Who are you?”

 

“Shut up.” Hyunjae was not in the mood for introductions. “We have to go and warn your boyfriend on the other room or else Hyunsung will shoot the life out of him. Don’t ask questions. Just follow me.”

 

Boyfriend? Is she talking about Sehun?! Sunghee had no time to think and process anything because Hyunjae just grabbed her arm and they both started running to wherever Sehun was.

 

They spotted Sehun inside a classroom. But it looks like they weren’t needed. Hyunsung was on the floor lying on his back as if he just crashed; his guns were across the floor close to where Sehun stood. Sehun looked fine; he was his usual calm self.

 

 “Hyunsung!” Hyunjae kicked the door down and ran in between, helping Hyunsung up.

 

“Sehun!” Sunghee screamed at the same time.

 

Hyunsung’s eyes widened. “Hyunjae! What are you doing here?!”

 

 


 

 

 


[MIYOUNG’S POV]

 

 

Kai held me in his arms as I layed down on the floor.

 

“Shh~ Don’t talk.” His hands trembled as he covered my wound. “I.. I’ll get you out of here.”

 

I breathed deeply, taking air in and out. “Kai..” I said weakly. My hands were growing cold. “I’m scared.”

 

“I said don’t talk!” I could see immense worry and panic in his eyes. “J-Just.. Just.. hang on. Do you understand? I’ll get you to the hospital! Do you understand? Hang on, Miyoung.”