The Sinner's Plead [Chapter 28]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

 

 

The Sinner's Plead

[Chapter 28]

 

 

 

 

When the bomb had exploded and everything crashed and caved in, for a moment she actually felt relieved that maybe if she had died that way then maybe she would be forgiven for every life she took. The sting of the fire crept up along her back and she could only stay still, cry in pain, and wait until the flames engulf her and turn her into ashes. Hyunjae laid still and waited for her death—but it never happened.

 

I will comeback for you.

 

Jongin’s voice rung through her head.

 

No. She couldn’t die like that. There was a dominant tugging sensation in her guts. She didn’t want to die. She wanted to see if Sehun was going to live, if he and Sunghee will finally be happy together. For once in her life she wanted somebody else to be happy. She wanted them to be safe and continue living. 

 

And that Jongin… Jongin who took a bullet for her…The second she remembered that Jongin was shot and hurt and could probably die—NO. She pulled her self together and decided she must not die. Not after the sacrifice he did. She must tell Jongin how stupid he was for taking the bullet. She must tell him personally how much of a moron he was— how worried she was when she saw him bleeding… How good her first kiss felt like even though it was a short one… She must stay alive to give him a piece of her mind!

 

Hyunjae got up, enduring the sting on her burnt flesh; she walked out of the fire alive.

 

But after the realization that the old man was exactly right, she was a murderer, a cold blooded killer and nothing could ever change that fact—she had no intention of ever showing her face ever again. For days she stayed hidden in some apartment, waiting until her wounds could heal, and when she was fully recovered she decided it was best to bid everyone goodbye.

 

That didn’t exactly go as planed. Just three days of recovering and Hyunjae could take it any more. If she would have waited for another day she would have lost her mind after all the nightmares of Jongin and Sehun both dying. She had the same dream over and over. It was scary. She had to see them now. She wanted to make sure it was all just dreams.

 



 

 

 

“Joonmyun, she has to at least eat something.” Kris worriedly looked over at one door in where Sunghee was inside, slumped at the nearest bench closest to Sehun’s bed, sleeping.

 

“She’s too stubborn.” Joonmyun bit his lips restlessly. Dark circles rimmed his beautiful eyes. He looked so tired, just like everyone else did. He hated seeing Sunghee like this. She wasn’t eating or sleeping properly—it was only thanks to Daehyun that they got her to sleep. “She said she wouldn’t leave the hospital until she sees both Sehun and Jongin doing fine. And the fact that we still haven’t found Hyunjae…”

 

“We’re doing our best looking for her.” Kris said. Just by looking at him, Joonmyun could tell the search wasn’t so progressive. “How are they doing?” He then asked Joonmyun.

 

This was the hard part. Telling everyone how Sehun and Jongin was. “They… They’re still unstable. Considering Jongin was too fixed on finding Hyunjae that he forgot he was even bleeding to death… The same thing with Sehun… I know both of them are fighting to live.” Everytime he thinks of loosing any of them, Joonmyun’s heart would feel crushed. He couldn’t imagine how worst it must be for his little sister. “How about… Lay? Do you think—“

 

“No.” The tall man looked even glummer. Kris knew Lay was the only hope to save the two of Sehun and Jongin. “I’m afraid he’s… not yet fully mended.”

 

“H-How bad is it?”

 

“He’s still unconscious and recovering..”

 

Joonmyun’s fists whitened as he clenched it in alarm. Everyday he senses Sehun and Jongin’s life essence decreasing. He was afraid if they don’t get restored soon… they would both die.

 

“I know that look, Joonmyun.” Kris scowled at him. “You can’t lose hope. Not now. We’ll find a way. I… I’m sure there’s a way.”

 

Joonmyun could not wind the words. How could he response? If there was a way, they need to find it fast. But what if there isn’t? What if there was no more hope?

 

“Hope?” Hyunjae stood there, looking stunned. All the while she had been eavesdropping. “What do you mean?”

 

“Hyunjae?!” Kris and Joonmyun both said.

 

With bandages all over her arms and legs, Hyunjae walked limply to get closer to them.

 

“Y-You’re..” Kris looked at her with unbelieving eyes.

 

“Alive!” Joonmyun quickly came up and assisted her.

 

“Where have you been?” Kris wanted to hug her. But seeing as how much bandage was wrapped up around her and how much in pain she looked like, he decided it wasn’t the smartest thing to do. “We’ve been looking everywhere for you!”

 

Instead of answering, Hyunjae grabbed Kris by the arms. “Tell me..” She said with pleading eyes. “Are they alright?”

 

Kris swallowed. This distraught look on her face—it was the first time he’s seen her like this. He shook his head. “No…”

 

“C-can I see him?” She asked. “I want to see Jongin.”

 



 

 

 

Jongin looked perfectly fine. It was so hard to think he was in the brink of death. His face looked calm and peaceful, like wasn’t in any sort of pain. Sitting beside him, Hyunjae observed his slow pace of breathing—the way his chest steadily pumps up and down. He looked like he was just sleeping.

 

The way Kris had explained it, Jongin was slowly fading away. His life core, gradually subsiding…draining…until there’s nothing left.

 

Hyunjae held his hand. It was warm yet so lifeless. “How can you be dying?” A single tear fell from her eye. Gripping his hands strongly, she hoped somehow he would feel the tightness and he’d respond. “You can’t die, you moron! I have so much to tell you.” One by one, her tears started rolling. “You asked me once if I’ve never seen a movie. I’d like to see one… with you. T-That’s why you can’t die. KIM JONGING, I am asking you out on a date. Idiot…please, wake up.”

 

But to no avail. He remained still and silent. Hyunjae let go of his hands and wiped her tears away. If there were no other way, and no hope… Maybe it was time to run to that one person everyone else runs to when they need help. Maybe it was time to beg the Lord for a miracle.

 



 

 

 

“I know I have no right to ask you for favors.” Hyunjae closed her eyes filled with tears. With both her hands together, she knelt down. I have killed people and I regret it. But If Jongin dies… because of me… I don’t think I could live with that. And Sunghee, she would be so heartbroken if Sehun dies. “So, I beg you. Help. Please save them.” You can take everything else I have…even my life. “If you are real, and you are listening… I beg you.”