WATER’S FLOW [CHAPTER 7 – Part I]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

 

WATER’S FLOW

[CHAPTER 7 – Part I]

 

 

 

                “How is he?” Luhan asked as he entered the room.

 

                Lay was sitting right next to the bed where Kai laid asleep. “He’s recovering pretty quickly.” Lay looked exhausted, eyes rimmed with dark circles, he looked like he hadn’t slept for days.

 

                Luhan sighed problematically as he walked closer to the bed. “You ok?” He asked Lay.

 

                “He’s been giving off life energy to Kai for the past few hours, How can he be ok?” Kris came in looking grim. "He doesn't even look okay."

 

                All this time Tao had been in the room sitting right next to the window and starring outside. It looks like he was out on another one of his daydreams, far away from all the troubles here in this room. Good for him.

 

                Lay smiled weakly. “No. I’m okay. He didn’t need much—I’m still ok.”

 

                “The sky…” Tao spoke out of the blue, still fixated outside. What? What is it? Is the sky falling? 

 

                Everyone turned to look at him and the atmosphere got even more uninviting. He was giving off this creepy fortunetelly-vibe, like one of those spoky people inside tents telling you truthless crap about your future... but this was Huang Zi Tao. Everyone took this guy seriously. Nothing he says is to be taken lightly. Not even when he's trying to crack a joke.

 

                “What..” Kris looked at everyone else for answers. “..is it?”

 

                Everyone was cluelessly staring at Tao. The tension was sort of unpleasant.

 

                “It’s dark again…” Tao continued. “It’s going to rain.” Something about the way Tao said it made it feel like there’s deep meaning behind it.

 

                The room grew silent. Somehow, they understood what he meant.

 

                Suho is somewhere out there right now—making it rain.

 

                “Where’s Xiumin and Chen?” Kris asked instantly, pulling out his phone.

 

                “Out.” Tao answered.

 

                “Do you know where?” Kris said.

 

                “Why are you so bothered?” Lay asked. “It’s safe.”

 

                “Nothing’s safe.” Kris simply said. “It will never be safe—specially now when we’re all at the same place at the same time.”

 

                Suddenly a single strip of lightning came booming out from the skies.

 

                “That’s Chen.” Tao said after seeing the light strike out from the sky. There was no doubt about that. It was definitely Chen's doing.

 

                “What is he doing?!” Kris exclaimed. He stormed to the window.

 

                “It’s a warning shot.” Lay knew.

 

                “Suho is smart enough to understand what that meant. He’s not gunna come any closer.” Luhan added.

 

                “Smart.” Tao commented.

 

                “What were they even thinking coming here?” Kris said tensely. “It’s too dangerous.”

 

                “I have no idea.” Lay said frankly.