History Repeats Its Self [Chapter 26]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

 

 

 

History Repeats Its Self

[Chapter 26]

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun was injured.

 

It was an unexpected blow. He was too focused on finding Sunghee that he didn’t realize someone had been following him. It was too late when he realized because he had already crashed on his knees when he felt the sting of a bullet dig through his shoulder. The sudden searing pain made his eyes prickle with tears. Sehun managed to knock the guy out anyways, but it took a lot of effort. It took a lot out of him and he was running out of energy fast.

 

He got up on his knees and kept running, unmindful of all the pain. It took him quite a while to get to where he wanted to go because he was tired and slowing down. Nevertheless, he finally found it.

 

It was a big old warehouse. It looked ancient and rundown like it hasn’t been opened in millennia. Sehun had no time to wonder what could have been stored in this place. Slowly and achingly he pushed open the huge rusty entrance. Inside, there was no light anywhere. Sehun couldn’t even see his own two hands. His heart drummed almost as if it could jump right out of his ribcage. The thought of Sunghee… it made everything ache even more. He started worrying that maybe she was not even here. Although, if she was—he knew he was walking into a dangerous trap. Only, he didn’t mind any of that. He’d once risked his everything to save Sunghee, and he’ll do it any day without question.

 

To his shock, “Welcome! Welcome!” A voice boomed out of no where. Sehun tried to calm himself. All his senses tingled. The voice came from above him. Then, Sehun made an imaginary draft in his head. The warehouse probably had a second floor, He presumed.

 

“I am glad you made it to our show!” The former general laughed boisterously. “I thought no one would have survived that bomb I planted! Amazing! This is amazing.”

 

“What bomb?” Sehun glared thought he couldn’t see a thing.

 

A second after he asked—BOOOOMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!  The ground shook and trembled. A bomb had just gone off.

 

“That bomb of course!” The old man laughed again, this time he clapped amusedly. “I’m pretty sure your friends are all gone by now. It’s a bit sad, really. I wasn’t there to see how they die!”

 

Sehun scoffed. “Chanyeol controls fire, May I just remind you, Sir. And my friends don’t go down that easily. Don’t underestimate us.” He gathered all his confidence left and tried to hide away all the sudden panic he felt. He knew Chanyeol could control fire, but from all the fight that had gone off, Chanyeol could have been so tired that— Sehun didn’t want to think of the worst things that could have happened. Positive. He wanted to stay as positive as he could right now.

 

“Oh. I know. But that wasn’t just a regular bomb. That bomb was specifically designed for your kind! It’s shock wave could obliterate everything in it’s path.”

 

Sehun’s heart sank. He’s bluffing. Don’t listen to him. He told himself. But it was like cold water had just been poured all over his body. No… No… Nerves, please don’t fail me now. He begged.

 

“Well, enough talking boy.” The man said. “Let’s start the show.”

 

The lights .

 

For a second, Sehun was blinded. The light was too bright it made his eyes uncomfortable. Blinking furiously and shading his eyes with a hand, Sehun took a precautious step back. After some time, finally, Sehun’s eyes adapted. He saw everything clearly. Up on the second level of the warehouse, the man was eyeing him with such uncanny spine-chilling stare. But that wasn’t what made Sehun gasp out a cry. “Sunghee!!” He cried. From the roof, a steel cage was hanging extremely high like a huge box bird cage—and Sunghee was inside, crying and looking down at him.    

 

“No! Sehun! Behind you!!” She screamed.

 

“Agghh!!!!!!!!!!” Sehun let out a sharp intense cry. Something whiplashed through his back, ripping his shirt and leaving a long bloody wound. He dropped to the ground in agony.

 

“Well, this isn’t such a bad toy after all.” Zelo sneered, holding a long lash of whip in his hand. “I prefer guns, but this one would do I guess.” He said as he swung the whip one more time on Sehun’s back, marking him with another wound.

 

Sunghee felt herself chocking in her tears. “N-Nooo!! Stop it!! Please!!” She rammed and pushed the cage and it started swinging dangerously. “Sehun!”

 

“I’d be careful if I were you.” The former general pointed at her. “This building is old and if you move any more that you already have, the roof could cave in and you’d fall to your death!” And then he turned to Zelo. “I’m starting to get bored, kid. Entertain me!”

 

Her voice. Out of everything the man said, Sehun only thing he heard was Sunghee’s voice. He struggled to get up but when he did, his focus was solely on her. “D-Don’t move Sunghee!” He realized the swinging steel cage could easily give in and drop. “I’ll get you out of here.”

 

“Sehun! No!” She cried desperately. “No!!”

 

“It’s gunna be ok—“

 

Zelo whipped him some more. “I am still here.” He said. “Don’t turn your back on me.”

 

Sehun gritted his teeth in pain. But he held his composure just right. This time he took the hit and didn’t crash back down to the ground. I… I’m loosing a lot of blood. I have to… do this quick. Sehun turned to look at Zelo and hit him with all he’s got. It was as if a truck came and hit him and Zelo came flying and crashed.

 

“What was that?” The general scowled. “Get up on your feet and kill him!”

 

“That almost tickled.” Zelo chuckled as he effortlessly got up. “Now, my turn.” He viciously swung the whip at Sehun, hitting him everywhere.

 

With every blow, Sehun bit his lips shut and swallowed all the screams down. He stood his ground. Everytime he knocks Zelo down he would just get back up like it didn’t even hurt. My powers… isn’t working. He was drained and was now desperately hoping for something… some help… Help. Someone… help me.

 

“Sehun..” Sunghee could only watch as Zelo swung whip after whip—Sehun suffering in his hands. “Please stop. Please.” She begged on her knees. “Kill me instead. Please. Let him go. Just let him go.”

 

“You?” The general laughed. “You know, I am actually very intrigued. What are you? You seem very human to me. Are you one of these freaks?”

 

“I… I’m not human.”

 

“Sunghee no!” Sehun bellowed. “Don’t—Agghh!” Zelo kicked him down.

 

The former general held up his hand as if saying everybody quiet! “Go on. Tell me more.” He looked at Sunghee intently.

 

“I—I’m…” Sunghee wanted so badly to go down there and strangle the life off this old man.

 

“Hey, Old man.” Zelo called out. I think he’d dead.” He said as he kicked Sehun who gave no response.

 

“NO!!” Sunghee screamed. “SEHUN! NO!! LET ME OUT!! LET ME OUT!! SEHUN, GET UP!! SEHUN!!”

 

“Oh? Tsk tsk. That’s no fun.” The man said. He pulled out his gun and aimed at Sunghee. “I guess I’ll have to kill you now too.”

 

Sehun wasn’t dead, of course. It was just that he was loosing too much blood, but a few more minutes and he could die. It was only matter of minutes now…

 

But there was still hope.

 

Jongin appeared in just the perfect timing.

 

From a cloud of smoke, he appeared out of nowhere, shocking everyone. With no hesitation he grabbed and hugged Sunghee and teleported out off the cage before the cable that was supporting it snapped. The steel cage fell hard back down to earth.

 

“What the hell was that!?” General So cursed. It all happened so quickly. He didn’t even see Jongin’s face. “Where’s the girl?!”

 

Zelo looked stunned. He didn’t know what happened either. It came as a shock to him when Jongin just appeared out of nowhere and punched him on the face. When he turned to hit back, Jongin was already gone—behind him, ready to punch him again. It was like fighting an invisible man. You’d never know where he’d be appearing next. All Jongin’s punches and kicks were full on and filled with power that Zelo actually felt hurt.

 

“Hyunjae?” Sunghee looked up. Right in front of her was Sungjae. It was a relief to see someone familiar. She hugged her so tight and cried. “Hyunjae.. Sehun, he—“

 

“,is still breathing.” Hyunjae finished her sentence assuredly. Sehun was laying right next to them. “He’s still breathing.” She repeated.

 

Sunghee found no words. It was like the world had just collapsed down on her heart, crushing it to smithereens, like she was drowning and found it hard to breath. She touched Sehun’s wounded face… his bleeding shoulder… It all seemed like de’javu. This has happened before.

 

Her memories came flooding back. A night, just as terrifying as this one, Sehun took every bullet they fired and yet he stood firm—carrying her in his strong arms. Risking death, to save her life, He then let go. He handed Sunghee into Jongin’s arms that night.

 

It was as if history was repeating its self.

 

But this time around she pulled him closer, cradling him in her arms. “Sehun..” All her tears fell on him. “Wake up, Sehun. You can’t do this. You have to stay with me.” She kissed his lips and felt him breathing weakly. She held him so tight, not minding all the blood. “Come on..Remember when you threw me off the building? R-Remember that?” She bit her lips. “T-This time, I won’t let go of you. I won’t let you go. Open your eyes..please..” She begged and prayed.

 

A little smile formed from Sehun’s lips. And a single tear from his sleeping eyes fell. “You promise?” He whispered.

 

All the money in the world couldn’t have made Sunghee any happier than she was when Sehun opened his eyes. “Don’t you ever scare me like that.” She sobbed. “Ever!”

 

“Uhmm.. Hyunjae?” Jongin interrupted. “A little help here.”

 

“Right.” Hyunjae got up. But fell back down when the general shot at her. The bullet went through her thigh. “!” Hyunjae cursed.

 

“Hyunjae!” Jongin screamed. He lost his focus for a second and Zelo too advantage, finally landing on hit on Jongin’s jaw. “Aghh!” He fell down.

 

“Tsk Tsk. So, little assassin… You’re alive?” General So looked down at her from the second floor, with his gun aimed right at her head.

 

“You trained me a little too well.” Hyunjae glared back at him. It became much harder to stand up now that her leg was injured. Damn it.I didn’t see that one coming…

 

“Hyunjae!” Jongin called again. “Throw me the antidote!”

 

While everyone’s attention was on Jongin, Hyunjae threw a syringe in the air. It was a long way away from where Jongin was but he teleported and caught it just in time. Then he disappeared into thin air. For a minute the whole building went still and silent…

 

“W-What..” Zelo said nervously. He didn’t know what to expect. “Where did he go?”

 

And then poof. Jongin appeared behind him, stabbing him with a tiny syringe to the neck. Zelo gasped. He turned around and Jongin was gone. But the syringe was still stuck to his neck. He pulled it out. “W-what is this?” Zelo suddenly convulsed. He started shuddering and trembling and lost consciousness.

 

Out of nowhere, there was another shot fired. The general had fired frantically at Hyunjae. Only… Jongin appeared right in front of her and took the hit—right above the chest. “Jongin!” Both Hyunjae and Sunghee screamed.

 

“I… I told you to stick close to me, didn’t I?” Jongin turned around and looked at Hyunjae. “Why are you so… stubborn.”

 

“Y-You’re hit.” Hyunjae gasped and whimpered.

 

“I’m alright…” He snorted.

 

“M-Moron, you took a shot to the—“

 

“Collar bone?” Jongin clutched his wound and smiled. “An inch closer and it could have been to the heart but… I’ll be fine.”

 

Hyunjae could see the blood seeping through his shirt. She has seen blood so often before, but this was the only time she had been scared. She was scared. It baffled her mind why she was suddenly frozen and terrified.

 

“Take one more step,” The general was now angry. He looked alarmed. Zelo, his minion was passed out, probably even dead. This was not in his plan. “,and I’ll shoot all of you.”

 

“Jongin,” Hyunjae hugged him, trembling. She had only one way in her mind to save everyone. “I need you to teleport them out of here. Leave the general to me.”

 

“I won’t leave you here.” Jongin said resolutely. He held on to her tightly. “I told you—“

 

“This isn’t about me Jongin. Please listen to me.” She begged him. Looking at Sunghee who was still hugging Sehun in her arms, Hyunjae leaned closer and whispered lightly so Sunghee wouldn’t hear. “Sehun needs medical help. I’m afraid he won’t last long if we don’t hurry. Please Jongin, get them out of here.” For the second time in her life, Hyunjae cried. She felt real genuine emotion and Jongin felt it.

 

This time Jongin took no chances and kissed her. Although he was scared of loosing her, he had to do this right. “I’ll comeback for you…”

 

Hyunjae nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


I'll have to cut it from there..hehe
I wanted to post a chapter up as soon as possible (sorry, i was in a hurry so i apologize if there are typo errors) so I'll just cut it off from here coz it's not done yet~
I hope you guys understand. THANK YOU! ^O^

STAY. TUNED!