Last successor's command [Chapter 31]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

 

 

Last successor's command

[Chapter 31]

 

 

 

 

Hyunjae practically pushed everyone out of her way when Kris had phoned her saying Jongin was awake and was looking for her. What got her so panicked were Kris’ last words. “He’s dying.” She felt no pain whatsoever as she ran to get to him. Nothing else mattered at the moment.

 

She almost broke the door down when she came in. Running beside him and holding his hands. They weren’t warm anymore. His hands were cold. Suddenly Hyunjae’s heart sank. There was no longer a doctor inside, but everyone. It was as if they were all just standing there, looking hopeless, and waiting for him to die.

 

“I…came back…for you.” Jongin smiled and said faintly.

 

Hyunjae cried. “I know. I know you did.”

 

“I’m… sorry.”

 

“Wh..What? Don’t say that.” The way his eyes looked at her, Hyunjae couldn’t bare the look on his face. “S-Stop talking. You can’t… you can’t die.”

 

“I… came… late.” He said. “If I had just…”

 

“Stop talking, Jongin!” She begged. “If you’re sorry then, stay alive! I want to hear your apology when you’re all healed and—“ She couldn’t finish her sentence. Her eye’s were starting to blur with tears. Talking is really hard when you’re crying. “You just can’t—can’t die… please don’t…”

 

Everyone was there, crying.

 

“Can everyone… please stop… crying.” Jongin smirked. “If I…die…I’d like to…see you all…smiling. Tell Sunghee… I’m glad…she’s safe…and that—”

 

“Tell me what?” Sunghee came in. “What, Jongin?”

 

“Sehun…will be…fine.” For the last time, Jongin as a good bestfriend, comforted Sunghee.

 

“You really are stupid.” Sunghee cried. She came up to his side and embraced him. “I won’t let you die.”

 

“But..I..am—”

 

“Going to live.” Sunghee placed her hands on his chest. “Kim Jongin, I , the last descendant of the royal family, give you… half of my power and… I order you—to live.” The whole place went quiet. Everyone anticipated what Sunghee was about to do, and then Sunghee’s whole body began to glow. She floated off the floor, and her hair flowed like water. Exactly just like her mother in her dream. Her words echoed through everyone’s minds. The power of the last successor. . .it rumbled the whole building. The power went out. Sunghee’s glow was the only light source. And when Sunghee finally stopped glowing, the power went back on. 

 

“W-What happened?!” Chanyeol screamed and grabbed Kyungsoo who was next to him.

 

“Was that an earthquake?!” Kyungsoo’s eye’s were wide open.

 

“Sunghee!” Luhan then screamed as he saw her, running up to catch her. She fell to the floor as soon as the glowing had died down.

 

“Sunghee!” Joonmyun came rushing to them nervously.

 

In Luhan’s arms, Sunghee slowly opened her eyes and then smiled, making everyone sigh in relief. “Did it work?”

 

“I think it did.” Jongin spoke.

 

Then all of a sudden it was Hyunjae who screamed. “J-Jongin!! Y-You’re alright? You’re not dead?” Jongin was already sitting up, looking fine. He looked a little dazed, but all in all he was fine. Hyunjae lunged her self at him and buried her face on his shoulders. “You idiot!!” She cried.

 

“Jongin-ah!!” Baekhyun came and hugged him too. Then Kyungsoo, then Chanyeol, then everyone else jumped in. Crushing Jongin with their tight embraces.

 

After everyone stopped badgering him with hugs, Jongin looked at Sunghee. This time, he was the one who came up and hugged her. “Thank you.”

 

“Don’t scare me like that ever again, Kim Jongin.” Sunghee told him. “That’s an order.”

 

Jongin smiled. “I won’t.”

 

“You got your powers back!” Luhan then turned to hug Sunghee.

 

“It turns out I never lost it…” Sunghee said.

 

“What about Sehun?” Hyunjae asked.

 

Everyone realized Sehun was still in a bad condition. The calvary wasn't over yet. “Y-Yeah. What about him?” Kris repeated.

 

Sunghee smiled softly and said, “I’ll get to him next.” Though after what she did, her color had already turned pale. Half of her powers is now drained and she can barely stand without feeling dizzy. She wanted to throw up then and there, but she kept her face straight and pulled a smile for everyone to see. It was not a good idea to tell them what just happened. Specially with Joonmyun who was always anxious and paranoid about her. She had to fake it.

 

Joonmyun stepped forward, looking firmly at Sunghee. “No.”

 

Chen looked stunned just like the others. “Joonmyun, why not? Don’t you want to save Sehun?”

 

“I...I know what you just did, Sunghee.” Joonmyun looked at her, murmuring things only he could understand. “I’m not going to let you—“

 

Sunghee came and hugged Joonmyun before he could even reveal to everyone what had just transpired. “I saw mom.” She whispered to him. The image burned brightly on her memory.  “She knew this would happen.”

 

“I am your knight. I won’t let you—” Joonmyun clasped her, not planning to let her go. He wouldn’t let anything happen. Not now. Not ever. “What if you die? I can’t—“ His voice crumbling into a whisper that only Sunghee could hear what he was saying.

 

Sunghee squeezed him back. “What if he dies?” She tried to sound calmer that she actually is. Her whole body shiver by just the thought of Sehun dying. Right now her life meant nothing if it means she have to lose Sehun. Everything would lose its meaning. “I can’t let that happen, Joonmyun. Let go of me. That’s an order.”

 

"You are always so...stubborn." It felt like after all those years of protecting Sunghee, it came down to this final moment. Joonmyun was letting her off—to risk her life. He was in the situation where he could no longer keep her safe. It was against the very essence of his being as a knight. But this was her wish. It is what would make her happy. He had to set her free. “,but princess, your wish is my command.”

 

Nobody understood why both Joonmyun and Sunghee were crying. None of them could hear their silent conversation, or what was happening—That Sunghee was about to save Sehun with the last and remaining power she had left.

 

The last thing Joonmyun whispered was, “You better comeback alive, princess.” With his lips quivering, trying to supress the urge of not letting her go.

 

Her only respond was a smile. In truth, she wasn’t certain she was going to survive. She knew being drained was never a good thing. But she made a decision. And she was determined not to die. She has her whole life ahead of her—together with Sehun  and everyone else. That’s what’s going to keep her alive. She has to.

 

“Hey, Sunghee! Where are you going?” Chanyeol asked as she walked out.

 

“To Sehun.” Sunghee smiled. “I’ll comeback. Don’t worry.”

 

“But I want to come and see!” Chanyeol said.

 

“Me too!” Tao agreed.

 

“Let’s just give them some time alone.” Kris said. "They at least deserve that."

 

“She said she’ll comeback.” Joonmyun tried not to show the misery he felt. “We’ll just have to wait.”

 

“You’re acting weird, hyung.” Chanyeol looked at him.

 

“He’s probably just shaken up.” Xiumin gave him a pat on the back.

 

"Y-Yeah.." Joonmyun nodded, thinking if only they knew... but he couldn't... he couldn't tell them what was about to happen. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

authors note: so sorry >< I have to make you wait again. WELP, my classes resume tomorrow... BUT I WILL DEFINITELY UPDATE! do not fret. lol. please bear with me. I hope you understand.. thank you!