ASSASSINS [Chapter 15]

What Is Love?

 

  

 


ASSASSINS

[Chapter 15]

 

 

 

             Inside a café, A strikingly handsome man sat as he peacefully drank from his cup of latte. He glanced out side where meters away stands a quaint little boutique where most female high school students flock after school.

 

 

 

                Suddenly his phone rang and immediately hi picked it up. “What is it?”

 

                On the other side of the line, “Stop slacking off.”

 

                His lip curved into a smile. “Relax Minsu, it’s just coffee. Beside, I am meters away from our mark.”

 

                “Keep your eyes on her.”

 

                This mysterious man took another sip from his coffee, now his eyes were fixed on the boutique right outside. “That’s what I’m doing right now.”

 

                “You better not lose her, or else.”

 

                “I know what I’m doing.”

 

                “Then do it properly Hyunsung.. so we both don’t get screwed.”

 

                “Roger that.”

 

                On the other side of the line, Minsu ended the call.

 

                "He better not screw this up." He muttered.

 

                          _____________________________________________________________________

 

                “This one looks cute on you!” Sunghee placed the hat on Miyoung’s head.

 

                “It does?” Miyoung smiled brightly as she checked her reflection in the mirror.

 

                Right after school, Sunghee decided to take Miyoung out to make her forget about her break up with her boyfriend. It was all she could think off to get Miyoung’s mind off things—shopping.

 

                “Ohhh~ This one is cute!” Miyoung pointed to a necklace.

 

                “Uwahh.. It is!” Sunghee followed.

 

                However.. Sunghee had other things in mind. Once again, she has this feeling.

 

                She was being watched. But this time it felt different. Something about it gave her icy chills.. It was something dangerous. But it was only a feeling and she has nothing to back it up.

 

                Miyoung took several hours to finally pick what she wanted. And soon enough they were both headed their separate ways to their homes.

 

                Miyoung hugged Sunghee before she left and said, “Thank you for doing this, Sunghee. I know your worried about me.. But I’m fine, really. Stop worrying so much.”

 

                “I just wanted to make sure.” Sunghee said hugging her back. “But—yes ma’am. Not worrying anymore.” She smiled.

 

                Miyoung waved goodbye and so did Sunghee.

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

                 Hyunsung grabbed his coat and left the café.

 

  

 

                “Target on the move.”  Hyunsung kept his distance.. but sure enough he was keeping his eyes on Sunghee..

 

                 Sunghee turned around looking for somebody suspicious. But everyone looked normal to her. She kept walking but kept her self on alert. 

 

                   Something is very. . . Odd.

 

                Few meters behind her...

 

                Hyunsung followed.

 

                "She's pretty good." He mumbled. "But not good enough to spot me."

 

 

 

 

 

[TO BE CONTINUED...]