ALLY [Chapter 17]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

 

 

ALLY

[Chapter 17]

 

 

 

 

                “General, The Blue House representative want’s to have a word with you sir.” A soldier stood by the door of the General’s office.

 

                General Song showed no sign of emotion, his face still cold as a rock. He nodded to his soldier sternly and the soldier left. Several seconds later a knock came sounding through the General’s door and a man in a suit and glasses entered carrying only a black folder.

 

                “I wasn’t expecting visitors.” The General turned and faced him.

 

                But the man only stood there and opened the folder in his hands. He spoke, “Due to the previews underhanded proceedings you have taken, causing the death of an innocent high school student and two of the army’s finest assassins, practically exposing and putting the whole secret government’s reputation in jeopardy. General Song Samdung, you are hereby relieved from all duty and accountability and obligation as General. From here on out your sector is also hereby officially shut down and is to take no more actions and orders from the government. All of information gathered about the terrestrials must continually be a secret and kept away from ordinary citizens, if any of it may be leaked out in the open.. crime is punishable by death.”

 

                General Song clenched his fist. “What does that mean?!”

 

                “The government has decided to terminate your whole sector, Was I not clear about this?” The man fixed his glasses.

 

                “Your letting those terrestrials run free?! After what they did to my men?!” The general bellowed.

 

                “The Blue House was informed that your men acted rashly and attacked. It was your impulsive decisions that put your men in danger.” The man responded. “Also, the House has arrived to a decision that no more sectors is to be established for capturing the terrestrials, the president has spoken himself, “The chase has gone long enough, It’s time we hand over the freedom the terrestrials deserve. If I am not mistaken, they have done nothing harmful to the human race. If such actions do take place, then we shall take full action.” I quote.”

 

                “WHAT!?” The General roared.

 

                “My business is done here.” The man said impatiently. “I’m expecting this headquarters to be taken down as soon as I leave. My men are already outside to assist and make the procedure faster. Good day to you.” He bowed and departed.

 

                The table went flying as General Song threw a fit. He kicked everything in his way. “This isn’t over. I’m going to wipe out those terrestrials if it’s the last thing I do!”

 

                He went outside and saw all his men packing their things up onto army trucks lead by the Blue House’s men. The former general could only stand and stare as his whole entire sector leave one army truck after another.

 

                “Those aliens are going to pay!” He yelled wrathfully.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

                That morning..

 

                Sunghee woke up with Sehun sleeping by her side.

 

                “Sehun?” She blinked. “What is he—?”

 

                He slowly opened his eyes and woke up, looking at her he said, “Are you feeling alright?”

 

                “Wait. Miyoung—where’s Miyoung?” She quickly asked.

 

                And Sehun had to deliver the grim news. “Sunghee, Miyoung’s gone.”

 

                “W-What?”

 

                She froze there thinking it was all just a dream. “Pinch me.” She cried to Sehun. “I’m dreaming right? Miyoung… she can’t be.. I don’t—“

 

                Before she even started crying Sehun already embraced her tightly without saying a word. That’s when reality started to sink in. “M-Miyoung..” She cried.     

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________  

 

 

 

                Downstairs, Chanyeol was laying on the floor. He couldn’t sleep that night—he thought over and over how things could have turned out differently if he was there to save everyone else. His arms covered his eyes and he heaved a deep gloomy sigh.

 

                Luhan, Suho, Kris and Lay were over at Miyoung’s parent’s house offering their help in preparing the funeral. They were complete strangers but it was the least they could do.

 

                A knock on the door broke the house’s silence.

 

                Chanyeol wasn’t in the mood for anything so he muttered, “Come in!”

 

                “Yeol~ah!” The person entered.

 

                Chanyeol recognized that voice. He sat up and said, “Baekhyun!” Chanyeol stood up and ran to the door. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo entered. “How did you know where I was?!” Chanyeol’s eyes grew big.

 

                Baekhyun smiled taking off his coat. “I can sense you anywhere. You don’t even need a phone.”

 

                Suddenly Chanyeol’s stomach rumbled.

 

                Kyungsoo looked at him. Oh no.

 

                “Hyung~” Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo. “I’m missed you. Hehe.”

 

                “I know. I know.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “You’re hungry.”

 

                Baekhyun laughed.

 

                And then loud sounds of foot steps came rumbling out of nowhere. Kai was running down the stairs. He stopped stared at Kyungsoo and Baekhyun who just arrived for a few seconds.

 

                “Oh Kai!” Baekhyun smiled.

 

                “Long time no see!” Kyungsoo added.

 

                “Yes. It’s been a long time Hyung.” Kai bowed formally, looking serious. “Could you excuse me?” He gestured towards the door. They were blocking the way.

 

                “Oh—Okay.” Baekhyun moved aside.

 

                Kai ran straight outside without saying goodbye.

 

                “What’s up with him?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

                And Chanyeol’s expression changed. “Things have been… rough lately.”


 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

                Kai was walking quickly. He looks like he was in such a hurry.

 

                But then he stopped.

 

                With an annoyed face, He turned around and said. “Stop following me!”

 

                There was no one behind him.

 

                “Come out you! I can sense you, you know?! And stop following me!” Kai yelled.

 

                "You're pretty good."

 

                            

 

                Out came Hyunjae, from an alley.

 

                Kai glared at her. “Why are you following me?”

 

                “Your friend asked me to keep an eye on you.” She stared back.

 

                “Which friend? And what—are you some sort of ally now?” Kai said. “Get your nose out of my business.” He turned away and started walking.

 

                Hyunjae followed. She tried to grab his shoulder. “Where are you go—?”

 

                Kai teleported…… and she was along with him, they both disappeared into clouds of dusts. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[TO BE CONTINUED]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[ NOTE : BLUE HOUSE is the executive office and official residence of the South Korean head of state. ]