CHAPTER 11 - II

What Is Love?

 

 

                “Are you going to put me down?” Sunghee asked as she uneasily clings onto Kai. 

 

                The sun was just about to rise and thin fog dispersed along the entire city.

 

                “No.” Kai muttered.

 

                “Okay, can you tell me why you seem so mad?” Utter disappointment was evident on her face. “I mean—come on. You’ve been missing for like three days? And you didn’t even say hi.” She said with a hint of sarcasm.

 

                Kai tossed her up with a skip, shocking her and making her hold tighter.  “What do you expect?” He said sounding calm, but the look on his face assured Sunghee he wasn’t happy about any of this. “You got everyone worried. They were all out looking for you last night, do you realize that?”

 

                “I was mad.” She looked away in guilt.

 

                “—And why did you even go to Sehun’s place?” He said, feeling a little envious. “You could have gone to my house instead.”

 

                Sunghee blushed at the sound of Sehun’s name. “T-That’s because the last time I went to your house you weren’t there! I assumed you weren’t gunna be there even if I went! Which reminds me—” And without warning she punched him on the shoulder. “I was worried sick about you too! You don’t have the right to nag me because you didn’t tell me where you went either!”

 

                Kai just couldn’t stay mad at Sunghee for more that thirty seconds. His lips curved into a weird satisfied little smile. “I was out doing business.”

 

                “Oh save it.” She spat irritably. “I know what happened!”

 

                “That’s the truth!” Kai insisted.

 

                “Business?! Since when did business ever get so life threatening, huh?! Tell me!” She was so mad, she even pinched his arm.

 

                “There are lots of life threatening businesses!” Kai said with a laugh. “Like politics! And mafias. And all those stuff!” He reasoned.

 

                “You idiot! Have you been messing with mafias now!?” She gave him another sharp pinch.

 

                “Owww! That hurts!” He whined. “What?! I never said anything like that!”

 

                “If you’re not going to tell me—no one will!” It was obvious she wanted an answer. “Might as well not take me home!”

 

                “You.. Are soo.. Stubborn.” Kai murmured with a sigh. “Alright. Alright. You can ask me when I get you home..”