WATER’S FLOW [Chapter 7 – Part II]

What Is Love?

 

 

 

 

 

WATER’S FLOW

[Chapter 7 – Part II]

 

 

 

 

                “Ahhgg~ Hyung.” Chanyeol whined. He was, yet again, on a lollipop walking through the crowded streets with Suho. “You know I hate getting wet.” He said as he fixed his hoodie.

 

                Suho heave a sigh. “Is that you or your phoenix characteristics talking?” He mumbled.

 

                “That would be both.” Chanyeol chuckled. “Where are we going anyways?”

 

                “Do you plan to sleep on the streets tonight?” Suho asked a little sarcasrtically.

 

                Chanyeol’s brows went up. “We’re looking for a place to stay in?” 

 

                “Yeah.. That is— IF we find one.”

 

                “Why can’t we stay at Sehun’s?” Chanyeol pouted. Obviously, he was just too lazy to walk around. Also, partly because he hated it when Joonmyun makes it rain.

 

                “That’s what the rain is for.” Suho smirked as a matter-of-factly.

 

                “Huh? I don’t get it.” Chanyeol scrunched his brows and held onto his lollipop trying to comprehend what Suho meant.

 

                Yet again, Suho sighed. “Of course you don’t. You’re the Phoenix who controls fire… And I’m the Neptune who rules over water.” He smiled.

 

                “See…” Chanyeol began. “This is why I never understand you.” He shook his head. He will never understand this grandpa.

 

                Suho laughed at hopeless Chanyeol. He never get's most of what anyone says at the first go. Poor kid was hopeless. “I meant there’s no use trying to understand my powers because yours is completely different from mine.”

 

                “Ooohh~ Okay.” Chanyeol’s face lit up into a smile. He still had no idea. But asking would just make him look even more clueless. “How about that thing about finding Sehun?”

 

                “Evey drop of rain that falls on him—I can sense.” Suho explained as plain and simply as he could. Even a kindergarten would understand that.

 

                “Like... a tracking device?” Chanyeol asked, looking so interested.

 

                Suho nodded.

 

                “Uwah~ Hyung.” Chanyeol’s eye’s widened and placed a hand on Suho’s shoulder for a pat. “You’re so cool!”

 

                Suho smirked. “Aren’t I?” He sniggered.

 

                And then the lightning struck.

 

                Chanyeol jumped in surprise and Suho stopped on his tracks.

 

                “What the—“ Chanyeol almost dropped his lollipop.

 

                “Aissh~ What are they being so stern for?!” Suho looked up the sky in frustration. “It’s not like we’re here looking for trouble!”

 

                “Hyung, That was Chen right?” Chanyeol asked, half-sure it was really Chen's.

 

                “Let’s keep moving.” Suho ignored.

 

                 No need for answers. That meant yes.

 

                . . .

 

                MEANWHILE

 

                “Uhh, Sunghee..” Sehun said awkwardly looking at Miyoung. “Why is your friend looking at me like that?”

 

                Miyoung had been staring at Sehun the whole time like she had just been shot by cupid’s love arrows.

 

                Sunghee laughed timidly. “Ehehe—Uhm—Miyoung’s just… really happy.” She gave Miyoung a warning look. You’re scaring him, Miyoung!

 

                “Oh—Uhm—Yeah!” Miyoung giggled happily. “I’m happy! V-Very happy. Ahaha!”

 

                Sehun pulled a smile. “I’ll go get us some drinks.” He stood up and went to the counter.

 

                As soon as Sehun left Miyoung jumped right at it. “Yah~!” She pinched Sunghee’s arms. “What is this!? I thought it was only you and me?!”

 

                “Ehe. Well..” Sunghee scratched her head. “It was sudden.”

 

                “Obviously! If I knew you were bringing Sehun I would have brought my boyfriend along for a double date!” Miyoung said agitatedly.

 

                “Date? Who said anything about dates?” Sunghee quickly defended. “This is just his price for winning the bet.”

 

                Miyoung’s eye grew. She rubbed her chin like she just had an idea. “So…”

 

                Sunghee looked at her weirdly.

 

                “He does like you!” Miyoung concluded.

 

                Sunghee rolled her eyes. “Not again, Miyoung. Would you please quit saying that? It’s impossible.”

 

                “Are you kidding me?! Bets? Donuts?!” Miyoung lifted up her donut and bit it furiously. “That’s called flirting, honey.” She said as she chewed.

 

                “Like I said. That’s—” Sunghee looked down on her own food. “Impossible.”

 

                “And why is that so?” Miyoung asked.

 

                “Because..” She paused and recalled what Sehun told her.. about that one person he cared about the most.. the one he lost and he’s been waiting to comeback..

 

                Before she could say it Sehun came holding the tray of drinks. “Here we go.” He said smiling.

 

                Suddenly she felt a twinge of discomfort. Because.. He already likes someone else.

 

                Sehun noticed that look on Sunghee’s face. “Is everything alright?” He asked.

 

                “Huh? Uhm.” Sunghee quickly showed a smile. “Y-Yeah. Everything’s fine.”

 

                “Actually!” Miyoung suddenly said. “No—I sort of have to.. GO.” She stood up.

 

                “What??” Sunghee looked at her. What are you up to now?!

 

                “Ahaha. Yeah. M-My … Mom just called! I need to go home!” She said. “I’ll see you two at school. Bye!” Miyoung quickly sprinted out the shop.

 

                “But..” Sehun said looking confused. “Does she have an umbrella? It’s raining.”

 

                Sehun sat down and look and Sunghee who seemed to be still bothered by Miyoung’s question.

 

                “Do you… want to go home too?” Sehun asked her politely.

 

                “N-No. Haha. I’m fine.” She lied. She wanted to go home- and take Sehun with her. Is that bad? THIS IS BAD. 

 

                There was an awkward silence.

 

                “S-Sehun.. Can I ask you something?” Sunghee began.

 

                Sehun smiled. “Sure. What is it?”

 

                “About that person.. the one you wrote on your family tree.” She seemed hesitant. “What happened? Where did she go?”

 

                And there it was again. Those sharp eyes of his’ softened.. like they were full of longing and sadness. “She never went away.” He said looking directly at her eyes.

 

                Somehow, Sunghee felt another twinge. “T-Then where is she?” She asked.

 

                He paused.. He didn’t know how to answer her.. But then Sehun smiled. “I’ve always kept her in my heart.”

 

                    That’s right. For Sehun to like me—It’s. . . Impossible.

 

                   Then.. Why do I feel so..

 

                   Disappointed?

 

                “Can I ask another question?” She said.

 

                “Sure.”

 

                “This.. girl.” She hesitated. “What is she like?”

 

                “She’s just like you.”

 

                Just when she thought she couldn't feel worst, she did. If only she had any idea...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________

"Baekhyun likes me! So I'll give my self to him as a birthday present."
-CHANYEOL-

o~(^~^)~o
 

Hehehe~ I'm obviously a big Baekyeol shipper.
and HUNHAN of course!!

 

______________________________________


THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!