Hyuna's awaken, Hyunseung's Lie

Fated to Meet You

Hyun Ah slowly awoke in the hospital rubbing her eyes. She coughed and felt hissing with her eyes shut. She slowly breathed and touched feeling something plastic covering . She sighed and tried to get up, but was pulled down by wires. She looked at the window and froze when she spotted someone sleeping on the bed with a newspaper covering his face.

“Who’s that?” Hyuna thought squinting her eyes. He slowly started to move then tiredly took the newspaper off from his face and looked at Hyun Ah. “Hyun Seung?” She slowly said confused. He smiled and walked towards her, pulling a chair beside her and holding her hand.

            “How’re you feeling?” He asked. She looked at him up and down confused, then tried to remember.

“Hyun Ah!” Jun Hyung yelled flashing the light on and running towards her. “Are you okay?!” He yelled moving her hair from her face. She looked up at him, tears filling her red eyes with a blur. He quickly carried her out of the bedroom running out the front door as fast as possible, throwing her in his car and driving off. She sat in the back seat gagging for air. He opened the windows and drove faster.

“Hyun Ah!” He yelled running quickly towards the emergency door. She looked up at his face but instead saw a huge blur.

            “Who is this?” Thought Hyun Ah thankfully. Her vision began to worsen.

She squinted her eyes and tried to make out the person who saved her yesterday. “Did you...save me Hyun Seung?” She asked slowly. He looked around and smiled. “Of course.” He said softly with worried eyes. “Who else would have?” He said smiling. A beam slowly spread across her face.

            “Thank you.” She said gratefully. He nodded with a sweet smile.

           

Jun Hyung slept on Hyun Ah’s bed without a movement. He twitched when a knock came from the bedroom door. He slowly moved and mumbled something while his mother opened the door.

“Honey...you alright?” She asked. He nodded. “Just... tired.” He said looking down at the blanket. She smiled.

            “Alright... are you coming with us to visit Hyun Ah? I heard she’s awake.” She said. He shook his head lightly and sighed.

            “I’m okay... you guys go ahead... I’ll visit her some other time.” He said covering himself with the blanket. His mother smiled sadly and closed the door.

            “He’s says he’s staying.” Jun Hyung’s mother said meeting with her husband at the door. “It looks like something’s bothering him.” She finished. His father chuckled. “He’s probably just shocked that Na Eun’s getting married... they were very close.” He said. They closed the door and walked towards the car.

            Hyun Seung sat beside Hyun Ah and watched her eat slowly. The doctor walked in the room and lightly sighed reaching them. “Hey doc.” Said Hyun Seung smiling. The doctor stared at him and greeted him back.

            “Okay... so... this is how this couple of days are going to go for you.” He said looking at his clipboard. “Um... you can’t eat so much and after every meal... you have to wear the mask.” He said. “Plus... drink a lot of water to clear the bacteria inside your lungs out.” He said then looked at her peculiarly. “Can I ask you a question?” he asked. Hyun Ah looked at him confused.

            “Sure.” She answered handing the plate of food to Kayo.

            “Uh... do you remember anything that happened?” he asked narrowing his eyes. Hyun Ah looked around. “Uh... not exactly... I just remembered a pain in my chest... and then... Hyun Seung carrying me to the emergency room. The rest... I don’t know.” She said smiling. The doctor looked at Hyun Seung.

            “You brought her here?” he asked confused. He started to stutter. “I remember it was someone-“

“Yes...I brought her here.” He said quickly interrupting the doctor. “Yesterday I had... gel in my hair and looked different.” He said smiling nervously. The doctor nodded confused.

            “Okay... um... you’ll be in here for two more days, just to make sure that you’ll be fine.” He said. “Okay,” Hyun Ah said. “Is there anything else you’d like to know or need?” The doctor asked. “Nope, I’m fine as is.” She said. The doctor smiled and walked out.

            “Thanks!” Hyun Ah said then Hyun Seung handed the food back to her. After he left the room, Hyun Ah turned towards him. “Did you really have gel in your hair yesterday?” she asked with an awkward smile.

            “Of course! I-“

“I thought you used egg yolk to hold your hair together...you hate gel.” She said eating the food. Hyun Seung nervously panicked.

            “I used to... I changed my style.” He said with a smile. She chuckled. “You’re weird.” She said drinking her water. Hyun Seung anxiously smirked. A knock suddenly came through the door. He quickly ran to open it.

            “Hey.” He said with a huge smile meeting Jun Hyung’s parents. He moved aside so they could come in.

            “Hi.” Said Hyun Ah with an awkward smile. They quickly walked towards her and sat by her bed.

            “Oh! We’re so happy you’re fine!” Jun Hyung’s mother yelled. “We were so worried when Jun Hyung called and told us you were in the hospital.” She said worriedly. Hyun Ah scoffed.

            “I’m okay... don’t worry about it.” She said looking around. “Where’s he anyways? Not going to visit a patient?” she asked chuckling. Jun Hyung’s father chuckled.

            “No... Na Eun just told us yesterday that she was getting married... he’s probably still shocked.” He said smiling. Hyun Ah looked at them shocked. “She’s getting married?!” she yelled loudly. Hyun Seung walked towards them confused.

            “Yeah... is that a shocker to you too?” Jun Hyung’s mother asked confused. Hyun Ah looked down concerned.

 

            Jun Hyung swam in the large pool relaxing his heart and mind with each breath and he took.

“Look Jun Hyung oppa! That cloud’s shaped as a unicorn!” yelled Na Eun loudly pointing at the sky. He laughed. They were in their high school years lying on the ground in the park after school.

            “I’d get it for you... but every time I walk close to it... it keeps running away.” He said chuckling. Na Eun laughed and watched for other clouds. “Look! There’s a heart!” yelled Jun Hyung loudly.

            “No! That’s not a heart! It’s just a blob of cloud!” she yelled hitting his shoulder. He laughed.

Jun Hyung shook his head closing his eyes tightly and jumped out of the pool irritated. He sat under an umbrella drying up, relaxing from the heat. Suddenly, someone opened the back door to his house. He looked up and saw Na Eun arriving with a slight smile. He sighed and looked back down to the ground, tensing up.

            “What’re you doing here?” He asked without looking at her. She walked towards him. “I’m sorry I had to do this to you Jun Hyung.” She said nearing him slowly.

            “It’s alright.” He said standing up with a smile. “You did what was best for you... plus... we’re cousins right? It wouldn’t have worked out anyways.” He said looking down. She walked closer to him and raised a hand up to touch the side of his cheekbone. He ignored her touch and quickly walked to the table to grab his towel. “So... who is he?” he asked sitting down and peering up at her.

            “Oh... an old classmate.” She said with a slight smile looking down. Jun Hyung stood up, wrapping the towel over his shoulders.

            “Well... I wish you two the best of luck.” He said with a smile. She sighed and watched him walking perfectly towards his house leaving her by the pool by herself.

            “Wait!” she yelled. He stopped. “You’re... going to come to the wedding... right?” she asked curiously. He turned his head around and smiled. “Will do.” He said spreading happiness over her face. She felt a slight of joyfulness through her body. With a smile, she walked out of the backyard happily.