Working Together

Fated to Meet You

“Jun Hyung!” His father yelled at him. He quickly looked up. “Yeah dad?” He said in a sudden. “Wanna give us a hand?!” His father asked. Jun Hyung stared at the compass confused.

            “Uh... sure!” He said then tucked the compass in his pocket and walked towards them. He was wearing a tiny black tank top, which showed his muscular arms and abs.

            “Here... hold this... it’s heavy.” Hyun Ah said trying to hold a heavy board up. He looked at her and slowly reached up to hold it without flexing, setting his t-shirt on the ground.

            “What’re you guys making?” Jun Hyung asked confused. His father smiled and looked at Hyun Ah. “It’s a surprise.” He said. He and Hyun Ah chuckled. He looked at them and scoffed.

            “Oh... I see how it is... keeping secrets away from me now huh?” He said letting go of the board making Hyun Ah catch it with her back.

            “Ow! It’s heavy Jun Hyung!” She yelled loudly. He scoffed and held it again. “It’s not even heavy!” He laughed. “I’m smaller than you and I could still hold it!” He yelled. His father glared at him and chuckled.

            “Jun Hyung.” He said continuing to hammer the nails. “That’s exactly how you were when you were younger too.” He said. “You couldn’t even open a car door.” He said. Hyun Ah started to chuckle. “At least I could do that.” She said smiling. Jun Hyung scoffed.

            Jun Hyung’s mother stood by the door and smiled watching them have fun. She walked to the kitchen and made some cold lemonade. By now, the sun was burning them and for the first time, Hyun Ah was showing some skin. She’d taken off her hoodie and was wearing her black tiny tank top, which showed her skinny arms and flat stomach. They were sweating beads of bullets until Jun Hyung’s mother walked towards them with 4 cups of lemonade.

“Take a break you guys!” She yelled nearing them. They all turned to look at her and sighed looking at the delicious lemonades. “Here you go.” She said offering them each a drink. Hyun Ah stared at her and slowly sipped hers while Jun Hyung and his father quickly downed it.

            “Thanks mom.” Said Jun Hyung giving her his empty cup. “Wow was that amazing!” Jun Hyung’s father yelled satisfied by the great taste. Hyun Ah stared at her cup with a sour face. Jun Hyung stared at her.  “You don’t like lemonade Hyun Ah?” Jun Hyung’s mother asked. She slowly shook her head.

            “Here... allow me to... have it.” Jun Hyung said holding his hand out. Hyun Ah stared at him and gave it to him. Within seconds, he had downed everything. She watched in amazement while he quickly gave the cup back to his mother.

“Thanks mom.” He said once more. “What are you guys making anyways?” Jun Hyung's mother asked.

            “I honestly don’t know.” Said Jun Hyung holding a board in his hand. “They won’t tell me.” He said looking at Hyun Ah and his father. His mother chuckled.

“Ah... Hyun Ah’s already keeping secrets with your father huh?” She said. Hyun Ah glanced at her with a smile.

            “It’s not that big of a secret anyways.” She said smiling. Jun Hyung scoffed. “Then tell me.” He said staring at her. She stood tall and looked at him with a loud sigh.

            “It’s top secret.” She said smiling bigger. Jun Hyung’s father chuckled. “You didn’t let me finish.” She said continuing her work again. Jun Hyung’s mother smiled and walked back inside the house.

            Soon, as they continued working, a car drove towards their house. Hyun Ah squinted at the car trying to see the person in the car. She gasped and quickly looked around panicking. Jun Hyung and his father looked at her confused.

“Hyun Ah... are you okay?” Jun Hyung’s father asked watching her. She looked around frantically. “Hyun Ah.” Jun Hyung said looking at her. She looked down and grabbed his shirt. She threw it over her face and stood still and then sighed frustrated seeing that she’s in full view. She looked at Jun Hyung and hid behind him since he was facing the outside, the person coming in won’t see her. She bent down closely behind him with his shirt covering her.

“What’re you doing?” Jun Hyung asked confused with a laugh looking behind him. “Tell her I’m not here.” Hyun Ah whispered loudly. “Tell her I’m not here!” She yelled with a whisper as the lady neared them. She shut up and sat still. Jun Hyung moved his leg over a bit making Hyun Ah in view. She placed her hands to the sides of his legs and made him stay still so he’d block her whole body. Jun Hyung and his dad both stared at the lady approaching them.

            “Why?” Jun Hyung’s father whispered confused. “Just DO it!” Hyun Ah whispered frustrated while the lady stopped in front of them. Jun Hyung and his father quickly looked at her seeming like they were surprised. Hyun Ah kept her back against Jun Hyung’s hind legs and calves, squeezing herself together to make herself look smaller. She sighed and covered her face and body with Jun Hyung’s shirt.

“Ugh,” she grunted from the heat.