Junhyung's Surprise

Fated to Meet You

The next day, after Hyun Ah came out of the shower and got dressed, she grabbed her skateboard and her phone, not remembering anything that happened the previous night, and walked out of the house. She soon arrived at the QWERT house and slumped down on the couch.

“Guess who called me yesterday Doo Joon.” Hyun Ah said with a scoff. “Who? Hyun Seung?” He asked smiling. Hyun Ah widened her eyes. “No, someone worse.” She said chuckling.

“Hmm... who could possibly be worse than Hyun Seung?” He asked thinking as hard as possible.

            “My mom.” She said grabbing a soda on the table. Doo Joon quickly sat down beside her. “What’d she say?!” He yelled curiously. Hyun Ah laughed. “The same old same old.” She said drinking her soda. “’Are you okay?’ Blah...blah...blah.” She said mocking her mom.

            “Of course.” He said smiling. “Hey... speaking of your mother, my mom wants your moms number because she wants to talk her about this business thing.” He said. Hyun Ah scoffed and threw her phone at him.

            “It’s not like she could be of any help.” She said. Doo Joon chuckled and opened her phone. He narrowed his eyes and stared at her wallpaper.

“Hey Hyun Ah.” He said looking at her. “What?” She asked drinking another soda.

            “Just curious... is there a guy in the house where you’re living in now?” He asked curiously. Hyun Ah scoffed and nodded. “In fact...there is.” She said without caring. Doo Joon smiled.

“Do you guys get along?” He asked. She looked at him confused. “Why’re you asking me?” She asked puzzled. “We hate each other as hell.” She said staring at him. Doo Joon showed her the wallpaper of Jun Hyung smiling sweetly.

            “He’s pretty cute too.” Doo Joon chuckling. Hyun Ah’s eyes widened.  “What the! How’d this get here?!” She yelled loudly. “How’d he get a hold of my phone!” She yelled staring at the wallpaper. Suddenly, the vision of her throwing her phone out came back to her mind. “He must’ve fixed it.” She said looking at it and then scoffed.

            “How’s he like?” Doo Joon asked crossing his arms. “He seems interesting.” He said. Hyun Ah glared at him and laughed changing her wallpaper back. She gasped seeing that Jun Hyung had deleted all her other pictures so she couldn’t change it to any other.

            “How could he!” She yelled loudly. She stood up and ran out the door with her skateboard.

 

            Jun Hyung wrapped the present he’d bought for her and left it by the side of her bed. “I bet you took your phone without even realizing I fixed it.” He said with a scoff then walked out of the room. Suddenly, Hyun Ah’s body stood in front of him. She stopped at the door. “Good morning-“

“Why’d you delete all my pictures?” She asked holding her phone up. He narrowed his eyes. “How can you blame me?” He asked standing up tall.

            “Your picture’s right here!” She yelled showing him her phone with his bright smile as the wallpaper. He lightly chuckled nervously.

            “Oh... right... forgot I did that.” He said scratching his head. Hyun Ah scoffed and angrily stared at him. “Fine... I’m sorry I touched your phone... but I just didn’t want it smashed on the driveway... alright? At least I did something good... or you would’ve lost your phone.” He said.

“That’s what I was trying to do!” She yelled. He stared at her. “Why?” He asked. She walked in pushing him aside. “None of your business.” She said. He smiled and glanced at the present and walked to the living room. He sat down on the couch and took something out of his pocket and stared at it.

“A compass.” He said smiling. “She totally needs one too.” He said tucking it back in his pocket.

Hyun Ah sat angrily on her bed touching her ipod until something caught her eye. She awkwardly stared at the tiny wrapped present on the table beside her bed and slowly grabbed it. She squinted trying to read the name on it.

“Yong Jun Hyung?” She said reading the name. She opened it and stared at the tiny compass in her hand. “What do I need this for?” She said looking at it on every angle. She held it out in her hand seeing it pointing towards the door. She tilted her head and stood up following the arrow’s direction. She opened the door and watched it pointing downstairs. She lightly coughed and walked downstairs confused of what was about to come. She arrived downstairs and saw it pointing out to the huge backyard.

“Okay?” She said confused then walked out to the backyard. The compass then pointed towards the pool. Hyun Ah’s eyes widened when she saw what it was pointing to.

“Yong Jun Hyung?” She said confused. The arrow remained on him. Every direction she moved, it was pointed towards him. She shrugged confused and slowly walked towards him.

“Hey!” She yelled loudly. He slowly swam to the edge of the pool. He looked up at her squinting his eyes through the bright sunbeams. “Thanks for the... compass.” She said looking away. “Although it’s the smallest gift I’ve ever had...at least it wasn’t from my parents this time and from someone else.” She said glancing at him.

            “No problem.” He said chuckling then started swimming again. He swam all the way across the pool while she held the compass out in her hand again. Once more, it followed Jun Hyung’s every step. She looked it confused but just tucked it in her pocket and walked back inside her house.

On her way she met his father. “Hey Hyun Ah.” He said seeing her. He walked to a room and grabbed a pack of nails and a hammer.

            “Hey.” She said looking at him, brushing her hair behind her ear. “What’re you doing?” She asked curiously. He chuckled. “Nothing exciting... just building a cupboard for the books in Jun Hyung’s room.” He said chuckling. “It’s a mess in there.” He said smiling. She smiled too.

“Want to... help?” He asked glancing at her. She looked at him. “Uh...sure.” She said with a light chuckle. “I’m just afraid I’ll be in the way.” She said chuckling. He shook his head. “Nope...a helping hand is always better than one.” He said chuckling.

            Hyun Ah and Jun Hyung’s father walked out to the front door where a pile of woods laid on the ground. He smiled and gently set the hammer and nails on the ground.

“So... how do we start?” Hyun Ah asked confused. Jun Hyung’s father pulled his sleeves up. “Well... it’ll help if you pull your sleeves up as well...you don’t want them to get all dusty and dirty.” He said smiling. Hyun Ah did as she was told.

            “How big are you planning on making this?” She asked looking at the pile of wood. “How big do you think it should be?” He asked her. She looked up thinking. “He does have quite a lot of books.” She said looking up.

            “Ah... I see you’ve been to his room.” He said chuckling. Hyun Ah stared at him. “It’s not like I can’t be in his room... our rooms were basically connected.” She said scoffing and holding up a pile of wood.

            “Very true.” He said laughing. “Alright... we’ll start by hammering down these two boards together to make the back.” He said pointing at 2 boards. Jun Hyung walked towards it.

            Jun Hyung jumped out of the pool exhausted and rubbed the towel on his wet hair. He took a quick shower and then looked at the compass in his pant pocket lying in front of the mirror in the bathroom. He grabbed it along with his black huge t-shirt in one hand and looked at the arrow pointing towards the door.

He looked at it confused and started to follow it. It led him to the stairs then towards the door. He walked towards the door confused.

“Hmm... where’s this thing taking me?” he said confused arriving outside. Jun Hyung looked around and spotted Hyun Ah and his father hammering some wood together. He stared at the arrow confused watching it followed Hyun Ah’s every movement. He looked at the compass and shook it and then held it out again. It pointed at her still.