Getting Fixed

Fated to Meet You

“Come over here Hyun Ah!” yelled Jun Hyung’s mother sitting on the couch with bandages beside her. “It’s all fine... um... it should heal soon.” She said lifting her skinny jeans up.

            “It’s gonna get infected... come on... this will take just a second.” She said. Hyun Ah smiled and sat down beside her. She lifted her leg up in her lap while Jun Hyung’s mother wiped the blood off her leg. “So... how’d this happen?” she asked curiously.

            “I just... fell.” she said watching Jun Hyung’s mom dressing it. “Are you sure?” she asked uncertain. Hyun Ah smiled. “I’m sure.” She said with a stutter. Jun Hyung’s mother looked at her.

            “Look Hyun Ah... I know I’m not your mother... but you can tell me anything.” She said smiling. “I’ve known your parents for a long time and I know that they don’t care and love you too much... which explains your attitude... but I know that inside... you’re a really nice person.” She said with a smile. Hyun Ah looked at her with a slight smile and sad eyes.

            The men carried the equipments back into the car quickly after they’ve finished. One of the guys called Jun Hyung over.

“Yeah?” he asked. “Uh... where’s you father?” asked one of the men. “Um... he’s busy right now... but my mom’s just inside.” He said pointing to the house.

            “Alright...can you get her out here real quick...we need some signatures.” He said. Jun Hyung nodded and quickly jogged inside.

            Hyun Ah watched Jun Hyung’s mother finishing up with the blood wiping and started to dip some alcohol on a wet towel.

“This will burn a bit.” She said with a sour smile as Hyun Ah narrowed her eyes. “You ready?” she asked squinting her eyes. Hyun Ah tiled her head unsure.

            “Uh... I don’t think-“

“Mom!” yelled Jun Hyung running towards them and staring at them awkwardly. Both his mother and Hyun Ah had on painful faces. He chuckled. “Uh... they need you.” He said pointing his thumb outside. His mother glanced at Hyun Ah.

            “Okay. Here Jun Hyung. Help Hyun Ah do this.” She said handing him the napkin with alcohol on it. “Just put the alcohol on her leg...lightly! And then put on some of the ointments and then finish off with the bandage...okay?” she told him. Jun Hyung took the napkin with a quick nod then she quickly ran out the door. Hyun Ah glared at him annoyed, not even caring about anything. He slowly walked towards her with a raised eyebrow, napkin in hand. She sighed and pulled her skinny jeans back down and stood up.

            “Wait...what about-“

“It’s not even that serious.” She said with a scoff dragging her skateboard upstairs to their room.

            “My moms gonna yell at me.” He said holding the things in his hands. Hyun Ah glanced back at him and scoffed. “Just say you already did it...it’s not really that hard.” She said then continued walking upstairs. He shrugged and started to clean up the mess.

 

            “Finish already?” His mother asked entering the living room. Jun Hyung nervously looked at her. “Yeah?” He lied unsure. Her mother sighed annoyed placing her hands on her hips.

            “HYUN AH!!!” she yelled from downstairs. Hyun Ah sighed irritated. “Damn it! Stupid idiot. You at lying.” She yelled then grunted her way back downstairs. “I said I was fine!” she yelled.

            “No you are not and you’ll be fixed before it gets infected and worst.” She said with her hands on her hips. Hyun Ah rolled her eyes and took a deep breath. Jun Hyung snickered on the couch quietly watching them. His mother stared at him annoyed. “And you!” yelled his mother pointing at him. Jun Hyung stopped laughing.

            “What?!” he yelled confused. “You’re gonna be dressing her wound! You two have gotta get along before you’re gonna sleep in separate rooms again.” She said angrily. Jun Hyung stared at Hyun Ah. “She’s a girl and I’m a guy! How can we share the same bedroom?!” He yelled loudly.

            “You’re not sleeping on the bed together right? Plus...if you two do think of something disgusting...it’s your problem.” She said angrily. Hyun Ah scoffed and sat down beside him.

            “In a million years am I gonna be involved in your life.” She said towards him. He scoffed while she quickly lifted her jeans up. Her huge wound appeared red and irritated.

            “That is disgusting!” He yelled having a closer look at it. She didn’t care.

“Jun Hyung.” His mother said frustrated. Jun Hyung slowly pressed the alcohol on her skin, then dabbed it gently. Hyun Ah smiled at her brilliant idea glancing at Jun Hyung and to his mother.

            “Ow! That hurts!” she yelled loudly pushing his hand away. Jun Hyung looked at her puzzled. “I’m barely touching you!” he yelled annoyed. She gave him a dirty look. “I know when it hurts!” she yelled. He narrowed his eyes at her and looked at his mother.

            “Jun Hyung, if Hyun Ah says it hurts...then it hurts.” She said angrily. Jun Hyung scoffed confused, not at fault. “You’re really gonna believe her.” He said infuriated. Hyun Ah slightly smiled. He sighed and continuing dabbing the alcohol on her wound. She yelled out in pain once more making his mother move an inch closer to them.

An idea popped up into his mind making him smile. He glanced at his mother and then to Hyun Ah and slowly moved the napkin near her wound, not touching her skin, and quickly moved it back. As soon as he moved the napkin, she yelled out in pain. Jun Hyung quickly yelled out.

            “Ha! You see mom! She’s faking it!” he yelled loudly. Hyun Ah stared at them nervously. “I... was not! I was just paranoid that you’d...do it again!” she yelled stuttering. Jun Hyung loudly scoffed. “Sure... sure... I haven’t even touched you at all!” he yelled. His mother walked towards them.

            “You guys!” she yelled with her face getting red. “Why don’t you guys get along?! Did you two both know each other or something that caused this hate?” she asked puzzled. Hyun Ah and Jun Hyung glanced at each other.

            “It’s just a teen thing. Remember?” Hyun Ah said annoyed, standing up. “I know who to hate and who not to.”

            They watched as Hyun Ah walk upstairs and closed the door to her room. Jun Hyung’s mother looked at him with a puzzled reaction. “What’d you do to her?” she asked confused.  He shrugged his shoulders confused.

            “Nothing! Nothing at all. I have no idea what’s wrong with her.” He said puzzled. “There should be something wrong with her.” She said. “Yeah, that explains why her parents left her with us.” He said nodding.

            “Don’t say that... she’s a good girl... she just... grew up in a bad place.” She said smiling. “Anyways... you know what happened to her leg?” she asked confused. Jun Hyung shook his head. “I don’t think she’d talk to anyone about situations like this.” He said walking away.