Horrible Night

Fated to Meet You

“What’re you doing?” She asked perplexed. He neared her and threw an arm over her shoulder guiding her towards the house.

            “Just act like we’re best friends alright? Please so I won’t get in trouble! Please!” He pleaded with a fake smile on. Hyun Ah scoffed and rolled out from under him. “Are you serious!? You’re a jerk!” she yelled walking away. Jun Hyung sighed and walked to her. He threw his arm around her again and held her head tightly under his armpit.

            “Just help me out okay?!” He yelled with a whisper and a fake happy face. She squirmed under him trying to free herself. Suddenly, a car drove from behind them and stopped.

            “Hyun Ah unnie!” Yelled a voice from behind. Jun Hyung and Hyun Ah both quickly turned around to see who it was. Hyun Ah gasped with her eyes widened, frozen. Jun Hyung glanced at them back and forth, confused.

            “Who is that Hyun Ah? She looks like one of your friends.” Said Jun Hyung. He stared at the stranger. She was wearing tight black jeans and a striped shirt with a long sleeve under. She had a pair of skinny black high-top converse along with 2 pairs of shoelaces holding it together. He glanced at Hyun Ah, who was still frozen, glued to the ground, confused.

“Hey... Hyun Ah.” He said waving his hand on front of her face. No sudden movement. So Hyun walked over linking arms with Hyun Ah with a huge smile on her face. Jun Hyung moved aside and looked at her closer.

            “Hi... we met before! I’m So Hyun!” she said loudly with a quick wave. Jun Hyung looked at them back and forth and smiled.

            “Hi.” He said standing in front of them. Hyun Ah stayed motionless. “You two do really look alike.” He said looking at them back and forth. Both their hair were in ponytails and had the same structured faces.

            “I’ve been talked about?!” yelled So Hyun surprised. He nervously laughed. Hyun Ah gave him a threateningly look.

            So Hyun and Hyun Ah sat outside the huge house in the shade with a huge smile on So Hyun’s face. “It’s been so long since we’ve talked!” she yelled excitedly. Hyun Ah shook from her loud voice. “Yeah... uh... I’m right here... no need to yell.” Hyun Ah said moving her head back. So Hyun smiled and covered .

            “Sorry... I’m just so excited to see you again.” She said hugging Hyun Ah tightly. She looked up and closed her eyes in irritation.

            “I hate you!” she thought angrily. “Should I just tell you that?!”

            “Hey Hyun Ah!” So Hyun yelled loudly. “Are you doing anything today?” she asked curiously as Hyun Ah looked around. “Uh...yeah...i’m quite busy here...I’ve been working on a project lately.” She said as So Hyun’s face lightened up.

            “Project?!” she yelled excitedly. “What’re you doing?!” she screamed. Hyun Ah sighed in frustration. “Just... something.” she said annoyed with a chuckled.

            “It looks like you’re really tired so what do you want to do today?” she asked looking at Hyun Ah. Hyun Ah glared at her. “Uh... I... wasn’t really planning on doing anything with you today.” She said awkwardly. So Hyun smiled.

            “Quit lying!” she yelled hitting Hyun Ah’s shoulder lightly. Hyun Ah angrily huffed. “Hmm... Let’s go shopping!” she screamed. Hyun Ah shook her head. “I hate shopping.” She replied annoyed. So Hyun sat back down and rested her chin on her knees, thinking. Suddenly, Jun Hyung and his father brought out the remaining of the unfinished cupboard. Hyun Ah stared at them shocked.

            “Is that your project?!” So Hyun yelled pointing at it eagerly. Hyun Ah covered her face knowing So Hyun would obviously want to copy her and help out: something she didn’t want done.

            By the end of the day when the sun was setting, all four of them were working on the cupboard. Every piece of wood or nail Hyun Ah tried to pick up, So Hyun took them all. When Jun Hyung’s mother brought some juice out, the ones that Hyun Ah actually liked, So Hyun would drink them all instead. Hyun Ah stared at So Hyun annoyed and then looked at Jun Hyung. They were now on their break and each were sitting in the shade laughing with stories being told. Hyun Ah was sitting by Jun Hyung with So Hyun on the other side of him. So Hyun looked at Hyun Ah with a smile and then at Jun Hyung’s dad who was talking. Hyun Ah sat closer to Jun Hyung with their arms touching and legs brushing off each other. He looked at her confused.

            “What’re you doing?” He asked looking at her arm and leg brushing against his. She gave him a threatening look. “If she copies me.” Hyun Ah whispered closely beside Jun Hyung. He scoffed. “Stop being a kid.” He said moving his leg and arm a little away. She kept her stare on So Hyun and moved against Jun Hyung again.

So Hyun looked at Hyun Ah and quickly scooted closer to Jun Hyung too. He sat in between them, practically squeezed and breathed nervously.

            “What’s with these girls using me today?” he thought panicking. He finally quickly stood up. “Freaks.” He thought with a scowl walking off. Hyun Ah gave him an I-told-you-so smirk.

            When they were done with everything, they set it aside and walked in. Hyun Ah walked by Jun Hyung with a bucket of nails. “What’d I say... she does everything I do.” She said with a smirk and quickly walked by him.

            “Hey Jun Hyung oppa!” So Hyun yelled catching up to him. Hyun Ah glanced back at him and stuck her tongue out with a quick laugh. He scoffed and then felt someone grab his arm. He quickly looked at So Hyun who smiled up at him holding a hammer in her hand. Jun Hyung slowly made a smile.

            “Uh... hi?” He said looking at her. They entered a shed nearby and put the things away. “I see you and Hyun Ah unnie are very close... what’s going on?” she asked curiously. He looked at her.

            “Why? Jealous much?” he asked playfully. “Yeah!” she yelled standing up straight. He stared at her with a chuckle.

            “Oh... uh... I was just playing... you didn’t have to tell the truth.” He said walking back out. So Hyun threw the hammer on the floor and quickly ran after him. “I just like to speak the truth.” She said standing in front of him. Jun Hyung slightly nodded awkwardly.

            “Well then... tell me the truth.” He said looking up. “Uh... if... Hyun Ah were to throw all her clothes away and become a model... would you follow her?” he asked staring at her. She slowly smiled.

            “Of course not! I want to be myself! Not who somebody else is.” She said chuckling. Jun Hyung scoffed and walked inside the house. When they all got inside, Hyun Ah had already taken a shower and was in her pajamas, ready to go to sleep. She walked downstairs to watch television while Jun Hyung’s mother came and sat by her.