Feeling Nice

Fated to Meet You

Hyun Ah entered the room and sat down on a chair nearby wincing in pain. She looked at her bright red wound. “Damn it.” She said taking something to wrap around it. She looked out the window at the men in the van that was starting to leave. She looked at her phone ringing.

“Hello?” She answered with a sigh. “Hyun Ah?” Her mother said on the other line. She froze. “Hyun Ah?” Her mother said once more. Hyun Ah stood up straighter.

            “What.” She said coldly hearing her mother inhale deeply. “Hyun Ah... honey... how are you doing? How are things going on for you?” Her mother asked. Hyun Ah scoffed.

“Oh... nice to hear you actually care to see if I’m still alive?” She asked lightly chuckling then sat down on her bed. “Don’t be like that Hyun Ah... your father and I had a long argument on deciding and we did what’s best for you.” She answered sharply. Hyun Ah scoffed.

“You did what’s best for you! And this was the best you could think of? Leaving me and go cruising?” She listened to her mother’s silence.

            “So Hyun... must’ve told you.” Her mother said with a light chuckle. Hyun Ah narrowed her eyes angrily. “Why’d you give her my number?” She said scratching the side of her lip.

            “What was I supposed to say? No?” She said coldly. Hyun Ah scoffed. “Duh. You don’t even know her! How can you just give my number out!” She yelled angrily.

            “She said you guys were best friends in middle school and-“

“To her we were best friends! To me... as if we never even met! You never ask me about my friends! You were never there for me and you never knew if I had friends or not! She stole everything that was once mine! Tried to do everything that I did! And now...she’s back in my life to ruin it even more because of you! Not to mention that life right now is already bad enough.” She said angrily hanging up on her mom. She threw her phone on the ground and scowled.

            Jun Hyung stood by the door taking a deep breath, standing tall. “Wow... her life is really crappy.” He thought looking straight ahead at the wall in front of him. He heard her opening the window and making a lot of quiet noise. He moved his head closer to the bedroom confused and heard her throw something out, landing on the ground outside.

“What was that? Better have not been my stuff!” He thought angrily. He peeked in the room and spotted her curled into a ball under her covers. He slowly crept in the room and looked around. He narrowed his eyes and his lips when he saw that everything of his was still in place.

“There’s only one way to find out.” He thought walking quickly out of the room.

            “What was it?” Said Jun Hyung outside the house, looking around curiously. He froze when he saw a tiny phone in the middle of the driveway cracked. “Her phone?” He said. He went over to pick it up looking at it confused.

 

            Jun Hyung sat in the basement and the light. He sat on a chair nearby placing the phone on the desk and looking at it back and forth. The phone had a little crack on the side and the screen was dark with a slight scratch.

“This’ll be easy to fix.” He said starting to work on it. He opened his drawer and smiled looking inside. There were at least a million types of little things in there. Missing buttons, needles, strings, key chains, glass, and sprayers, everything you can name. He smiled grabbing a couple of items and started to cover up all the scratches and opening the phone up for surgery.

 

            The bright day outside started to fade with darkness as Jun Hyung continued working on the phone. He let out a long and loud yawn stretching his shoulders and hands. He finally made a last change then stared at the phone satisfied. He stretched deeply and turned the power on chuckling at her wallpaper. It was a photo of her skateboard.

“This was the best she could think of?” He said laughing. He looked around the basement and set the phone on camera. He took a picture of himself with a huge bright smile and laughed as he set it as her wallpaper.

“This should be perfect.” He said with a chuckle. He took another glance at her phone and spotted a calendar popping out. “What is this?” He said opening it curiously. It was written:

                        MY MESSED UP BIRTHDAY...REMINDER: DON’T CELEBRATE L...

Jun Hyung scoffed and smiled slowly walking out of the basement, switching the lights off after him. He arrived in their room and glanced at Hyun Ah who was sleeping soundly. He set her phone on the table beside her bed and happily climbed up his bed. “I feel I did something good today.” He thought satisfied.