I'm Kwon Sohyun

Fated to Meet You

“Hi... what can we do for you?” Jun Hyung's father asked with a hammer in his hand. The lady looked at them back and forth.

            “Hi. I’m Kwon So Hyun. Does Kim Hyun Ah live here?” she asked. Jun Hyung and his father glanced at each other.

            “You know a Kim Hyun Ah?” asked Jun Hyung's father. He quickly shook his head. Hyun Ah scoffed quietly. “No wonder Jun Hyung at lying. Like father like son.” She thought to herself.

“Kim Hyun Ah?” Jun Hyung said confused scratching his head. “I’ve never heard of that name before. Who’d call their child that?” he said chuckling. Hyun Ah angrily pinched his hind thigh.

“Ah!” Jun Hyung shrieked bending his leg forward, rubbing the part where Hyun Ah pinched. She quickly pushed him back forward. “Are you okay?” So Hyun asked. “Yeah,” Jun Hyung chuckled trying to hide the pain. So Hyun looked pass Jun Hyung and squinted.

            “Who’s that behind you?” she asked pointing at Hyun Ah. Hyun Ah hissed and covered her head with Jun Hyung’s shirt thinking that was it for her. “What? That?” asked Jun Hyung's father looking at Hyun Ah who was behind Jun Hyung.

“This is... exactly what it’s called! It’s my chair.” Jun Hyung said laughing hysterically. He sat on Hyun Ah and chuckled. She grunted and stood still annoyed. “Isn’t she pretty? I made her last year. She’s pretty comfortable. Pretty mean sometimes.” He said patting Hyun Ah’s back. She sighed trying to keep her balance.

            “Oh... well... I guess I have the wrong house then.” She said with a smile and walked back. “Thanks for everything!” she yelled waving. Jun Hyung and his father waved at her. They kept waving hoping she’d disappear soon. Hyun Ah kept the t-shirt over her head breathing heavily and from Jun Hyung sitting on her.

            She quickly pushed Jun Hyung off of her and threw the shirt off her face and breathed the fresh air. She laid on the ground breathless.  “Boy was that the hardest thing I had to endure! I would’ve died if I stayed like that for another minute or two.” She said. Her face started to burn up with heat. Jun Hyung and his father stared at her with smiles on their faces.

            “Who was that?” Jun Hyung asked with a short chuckle. Hyun Ah stared at him and then to his father. They kept their stare on her. She sighed. “What is it with this family! You’re so...demanding!” she yelled frustrated then she sat up. Jun Hyung and his father chuckled and walked to sit by her.

            “Demanding and all ears.” Jun Hyung’s father said with a chuckle. Hyun Ah sighed. “What’s wrong?” Jun Hyung asked wiping the sweat off his face. Hyun Ah looked down.

            “I honestly hate telling stories.” She said looking at both of them back and forth. “Well... this isn’t a story.” Said Jun Hyung's father seriously. “It’s reality.” He said again. Hyun Ah slowly looked down and sighed.

            “Was there someone here?” Jun Hyung’s mother asked walking out of the house looking around. She spotted them all sitting down and joined them. “Yeah... an old friend of Hyun Ah’s... whom she hid from.” Said Jun Hyung's father smiling.

            “And she was just starting to tell us the story of why she was hiding.” Jun Hyung said smiling brightly. His mother sat down next to them. “Ooo... I love stories.” She said getting comfortable beside Jun Hyung's father. Hyun Ah stared at all of them and sighed deeply looking down.

            “Well... I’ll just start it off...in middle school.” She said with a deep inhale. “Uh... I was always a loner and my parents never cared about what my decisions were... so decided to join some clubs and friends and soon got involved. I can’t say the people I hang out with are bad or anything because they’re not.” She said with a chuckle. “They just look bad on the outside.” She said smiling.

“Anyways... there was this girl that was in the same class I was...her name was Kwon So Hyun...the girl you guys just met.” She said then Jun Hyung and his father nodded. “She wanted everything that was mine...she wanted to be me...everyday after school, she’d go to the store and buy the same exact outfit that I had worn to the school the day before. She’d adore me and then copy me. I know people can dress whatever and however way they want, but this girl was taking everything from me.” She said then looked at every one’s eyes who were on her. She sighed.

“She stole the hearts of the teachers closest to me...the ones who supported me the most and gave me courage to go to school. Shortly, after a while, she’d stolen most of the people I was closest to. Because she knew I wasn’t close with my parents...she never cared to approach them. Even now...she’s the top person that I hate.” Said Hyun Ah looking down.

“And then now, because my mom gave her my number and everything in my life... she’s finally found me again...which is one of the worse things in my life.” She said with sad eyes.

            “Worse than your parents existence?” Jun Hyung asked looking at her. She looked at him and slightly smiled. “Just a little.” She said with a sigh then continued. “My parents weren’t regular people.” She said tilting her head. “They don’t do many things they say they do. They’re hypocrites.” She said nodding her head. “Uh... I’ve never actually express my feelings like this out...so it feels pretty good.” She said chuckling then looked at them.