"I did a good job..." said Jun Hyung

Fated to Meet You

Jun Hyung stood in front of Hyun Ah’s closet massaging his arms. “Shouldn’t she be back by now?” He asked with a sour face looking around. He gasped when he laid eyes on more clothes of the same type in a box. “More!?” he yelled dropping his arms.

 

          Hyun Ah skateboarded to a levee and stopped it with one foot. She looked at the calm water and mountains with the sun that was just setting down the horizon then squinted her eyes and stared down at her ipod. She sat down on her skateboard and rocked back and forth on her feet with a deep sigh. She closed her eyes listening to her soft music of sadness. She slowly smiled as peace overcame her and felt an urge of harmony. As the song changed back to her rock music, she quickly opened her eyes rubbing them and lightly coughed with a deep inhale.

“I should get back... home.” She said thinking of her parents who deserted her. Anger filled her mind and heart as a scowl came across her face once more.

 

          Jun Hyung stared at all the clothes he’d hung up and sat down on her bed gawking at them in satisfactory. “I did a pretty good job.” He said lying on her bed. The door suddenly flew open. He quickly got up and glared at her who she stared at him disgustingly.

          “What’re you doing on my bed?” She asked annoyed. He scoffed. “Is that what you call ‘I’ll be back in a while’?” He asked looking at his invisible watch on his left wrist. She scoffed and threw her bag on her bed beside him. He quickly moved out of the way and stared at her confused with disgust. She sighed and kicked her skateboard hitting the wall.

          “For your information... I have my own things to do unlike you.” She said scowling at him angrily. He stared at her with angry eyes.

          There was suddenly a knock on her door. Jun Hyung glanced at the door and walked to his side of the bedroom closing the door. Hyun Ah sighed and slowly walked to the door while his mother walked in with some snacks.

“How are you doing?” she asked with a chuckle carrying the plate filled with cookies and milk to a table nearby. “Uh... fine, thanks.” She replied. “You have everything set already?” she asked looking around. Hyun Ah nodded with a quick smile.

          “Yeah... pretty much... I guess.” She said looking around. Jun Hyung’s mother gasped. “Wow! You must’ve been working hard today! You hung up all your clothes!” she yelled patting Hyun Ah’s shoulder. She smiled then walked out the door.

          “Really?” Hyun Ah said as the door closed. She turned to look at her closet and scoffed. “You actually hung everything.” She said smiling. She turned to the cookies and milk and wrinkled her nose then carried them and walked towards the door connecting their room together. She slowly opened the door and looked around the dark room. She looked at the bed and saw a huge bump on the bed.