At the hospital

Fated to Meet You

Seconds later, Jun Hyung’s parents, along with So Hyun, Na Eun and her parents appeared at the hospital. Jun Hyung was walking back and forth in the hallway with Hyun Ah’s phone calling some of the people on her contact list, regarding her parents. “Jun Hyung!” yelled his parents arriving. He held a finger up for silence.

            “Is this Hyun Ah’s boyfriend?!” yelled Hyun Seung sharply with loud music behind him on the other line. Jun Hyung sighed angrily. “No! I’m her...-what am I?” he said annoyed. “I’m her... friend! She’s in the hospital right now and I want at least one of the people she knows to be here with her when she wakes up.” He said. Hyun Seung smiled. “Oh...I’ll be right there then!” he yelled excited. “What happened-“

Jun Hyung quickly hung up and walked towards his parents.

            “What happened?” they asked as he approached them. “I don’t know... thank goodness I woke up and noticed she was gone.” He said looking down.

“I...” he felt his pocket and found the compass still in his pocket. “I went to look for her and found her in the bedroom...gagging for air.” Said Jun Hyung calming down. His mother patted his back.

            “Is she going to be alright?” So Hyun asked worriedly. He glanced at her.  “Jun Hyung.” Na Eun said behind So Hyun. He looked at her and her parents confused. “What’re you all doing here?” He asked with a light chuckle.

“This wasn’t...that serious.” He said with a light chuckle. “We just... have something to tell you guys... but now’s not the best time.” Naeun said sadly. Jun Hyung stared at her confused.

            “What is it?” He asked chuckling. “Just say it-“

The doctor quickly walked out of the room and towards them. Jun Hyung glanced over and quickly walked over to the doctor. “How is she?” He asked impatiently. The doctor sighed.

            “Uh... first of all... when you see a person gagging for air... you take them out and give them fresh air.” Said the doctor looking at him. He looked at the doctor.

            “I did... I took her out of the house and opened the windows to the car-“

“That only makes it worse.” Said the doctor. “When I say ‘fresh air’, I meant...air from here.” He said pointing to his mouth. Jun Hyung tensed up.

“With fresh air lungs, it would’ve helped her a lot more. Her lungs are contaminated right now from the infected sprays that went on in that room. She inhaled too much of it and before she had the time to let them all out, they were already impure into her lungs.” He said looking at all of them.

            “Will she be alright?” So Hyun asked the doctor. “Of course! It’ll take her about 3 to 4 days to clear everything out and she should be good as new.” Said the doctor smiling. “But in the time being, she’ll need someone to stay with her at all times.” He said looking at each of them. Jun Hyung turned to look at Na Eun.

            “I can stay-“

“No So Hyun.” Jun Hyung interrupted. “Definitely not you.” He said. “Uh...no worries...there’s already someone here to be with her.” He said.

 

Just then, Hyun Seung walked in from the front door slowly approached them. Jun Hyung approached him. “Hyun Seung?” He asked unsure. Hyun Seung smiled.

            “Yeah... is she fine?” He asked. Jun Hyung shook his head.  “Yeah... but she’s gonna sleep for another two to three days, therefore, she need someone with her.” He told him.

“Would you mind staying here with her?” Junhyung asked. Hyun Seung chuckled. “Do I mind?” He repeated chuckling. “It’d be my pleasure to!” He said laughing. Jun Hyung lightly smiled.

“Um... here’s her phone... give it to her... alright? And if you guys need anything, press speed dial one... okay?” He said. Hyun Seung nodded then went to Hyun Ah’s new room. Jun Hyung glanced over and had a concern expression on his face.

            Na Eun left with Jun Hyung while every one else went their ways home. “You okay?” She asked him. He smiled. “I’m always alright!” He said happily. “With you here I’m fine.” He said. She looked down nervously with sad eyes and disappointment.

“Oh! What’d you want to tell me?” He asked quickly. She looked at him.  “Uh... it’s kinda hard to say.” She said scratching the back of her head. He kind of chuckled. “What can be so hard to say?” He asked glancing at her and keeping track of the road.

            “It’s...not very easy-“

“Now you have to tell me because you brought it up.” He said smiling. She took a deep breath. “I’m sorry Jun Hyung oppa.” She said. He looked at her confused.

“For what?!” He yelled perplexed with a chuckle. “You’ve never hurt me before and I know you never will.” He said smiling. She looked down with a deep inhale.

            “Look Jun Hyung... uh... I know we had a relationship going... but it’s... it’s... it’s gotta stop.” She said. He almost hit the brakes.

            It was now 5am. Jun Hyung sat in his car blankly recalling the words Na Eun had said to him a couple hours ago:

“I’m going back out of state... and this time I’m not coming back because I’m getting married. We’ve been dating even before I was with you. This is an opportunity for you to explore and be yourself... plus... I’m your cousin... this isn’t right anyways.” She said smiling at him. He looked down. “I didn’t want it to turn out like this... I wanted to tell you many times... but... the words never came out... I’m sorry.”

Jun Hyung lightly chuckled at the thought of her leaving him and slowly stood out of his car. He looked at his parents’ car driving by with So Hyun in there who waved happily. He walked quickly inside the house and up the stairs into the bedroom. He collapsed on Hyun Ah’s bed and fell into deep sleep.

Well, it's a good thing... right??

Hmm... please don't forget to leave a comment!!

Thanks so much for your support!

Much love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!