Savage - Part 5

Winrina = Jiminjeong

Winter tried to not show how nervous she was being with Karina this close, she ignored the eyes that were watching them including the cops. Karina sighed when she noticed the attention. She hates making Winter feel uncomfortable, especially when it's with her.

"Are you sure about this?" Karina asked in a soft whisper.

"People get hurt sometimes when they are around me." Karina added.

Winter turned to her and smiled at her.

"I'm sure about the date with you, and I can take care of myself." Winter said.

Karina smiled, feeling giddy to be able to be this close with Winter.

"Just- Promise me that you won't get hurt."

"I have a black belt in Taekwondo, if that will make you feel better?"

Karina chuckled and nodded her head.

"Sure, little fighter." 

"You don't underestimate me." 

"I don't." Karina chuckled again and Winter smiled.

 

 

...

 

 

"So, what makes you to ask me out?" Karina asked when they just exited the cafe. They had fun talking about random stuffs and all. Now, they were just walking outside while killing the time before going home.

"Because you want me to."

"What?"

Winter turned to Karina and see her looking at her with a surprised face.

"You're not being subtle enough when you talked about me with your best friend. A few times, I can hear your conversation." Winter said.

"Ah." Karina cleared . Well...

"You like me, Karina."

Karina looked at her again.

"And I like you too." Winter confessed.

Karina opened , closing it again, then opened again but nothing comes out. She was a little bit speechless at the moment. She tried to find something to say, but then they suddenly got disturbed by a stranger who whistled while looking at Karina from head to toe.

"What a beautiful lady." He smirked and winked at Karina.

"Do you want to get an ice cream?" Karina looked at Winter when she asked her that.

"Hey, babe. Would you like to hang out sometimes huh?"

Winter's jaw tightened when the guy got closer, still looking at Karina inappropriately.

"Sorry, I don't hang out with a stranger." Karina tried to tell him off politely.

"Naw, come on. Don't be shy." The guy was about to put his hand on Karina's shoulder when Winter grabbed his wrist before twisting it slightly causing him to groan and looked at her in shocked.

Winter then let him go and bowed.

"Don't- Don't touch her." Winter tried to hold herself back as best as she can.

The guy hissed and checked his wrist. Even though it was short and quick, but Winter's grip was still powerful and painful.

"Winter, let's go." Karina said seriously.

"Winter?" Karina tried to call for her again.

Winter took a deep breathe before nodding her head. She grabbed Karina's hand and Karina held her hand securely, letting Winter pulled her from the area.

"I'm sorry. I just- I know you won't feel comfortable if he touches you." Winter apologised.

"Thank you. You're kind." Karina smiled.

"But you should be careful. Who knows, next time it'll be a big guy and you'll be in a big trouble." Karina said.

"Don't worry. I know what kind of trouble I should avoid or not." Winter told her.

"Oh, really?" Karina raised her eyebrows.

"Really." Winter said firmly.

Karina chuckled then nodded at her.

"Okay, if you say so."

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Winter slammed her door shut. She had to take a long route to get home to avoid being followed by the new cop. She was pissed. He's ruining everything.

"You're finally home. Where did you go?"

Winter looked up and froze. The person is here.

"I went around some block at the other end, before coming home."

"I told you to be careful."

"I am."

"Not careful enough."

"..." Winter gritted her teeth. She hates it when she can't say anything back.

"Winter Kim."

"Yes?"

"One mistake, then it's over. Do you hear me?"

"I told you. I won't make a mistake."

"Well, I would still like to remind you."

"There will be no mistake."

"Okay, got it. No mistake. We'll proceed with the plan, for now. I will update you if there will be a slight changes."

"Hm."

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Winter tried to hide her jealousy when she saw Soobin was talking to Karina, being too friendly to her liking. She sighed and closed her book. Nowadays, it's hard for her to keep calm. Not after she finally can be friends with Karina already. 

"Winter!"

Winter looked at Mark who came towards her and sit beside her at the bench. They were now outside at the university's garden.

"I thought the guys will give up already. Hm, Soobin isn't one of them." Mark commented.

Winter glanced at Soobin who was still talking to Karina.

"But he's a good guy. Nothing will happen to him, right?"

"I don't know." Winter shrugged.

Mark grinned then poke Winter's shoulder.

"What?" Winter looked at him bored.

"Smile a little, would you?"

"Oh my god! I'm sorry!"

Winter and Mark looked at Soobin and Karina when they heard loud gasps. Winter saw Karina was now clasping her hands in front of her face as Soobin looked down and held his nose.

"What happened?" Mark asked.

"I don't know." Winter squinted her eyes to look carefully.

"Oh, his nose is bleeding." Mark said.

"Huh?"

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

"What did you get?"

"Hmm. We're going to change our target. Stop following Karina, Jeno."

"Then?"

"Winter Kim. She's our focus now. There's something about her that I can't ignore." Kai said and crossed his arms as he looked at the photos on his desk. 

Yes, he hired a secret photographer to take anyone's photos that come close to Karina everyday. Winter was always around and was seen looking at Karina often.

"She likes Karina, isn't that normal?" Jeno asked, since they found out that Winter asked Karina out.

"And she looks- you know, innocent?" Jeno asked again.

"We are going to find out, Jeno. So, we will be following her very closely from tomorrow onwards."

"Ah. I still think it's not her, Kai." Jeno sighed.

"Maybe not her, but who knows, someone can be behind her. You know how the real bad guy used the innocent one to do the job. This happens a lot." Kai said.

"Oh. True. Do you think there's someone else?"

"That's what we're going to find out."