Arrangement

Winrina = Jiminjeong

"I'm sorry, what? Did I hear you correctly?"

"Yes, Jimin. We want you to meet someone, your potential future wife."

"My future wife you say?"

"Jimin."

Jimin rolled her eyes at her father's warning tone. She just got back in Seoul after 3 years of living and working abroad just to receive such news that her family is setting her up with a stranger, someone she does not even know and care of.

"Aeri confirmed to us that she is an amazing person, our standard." Jimin heard her grandfather said again.

This is what Jimin has to face since young for being the only heiress. Her family took control of her life, literally. She always followed their orders and do as they say, but not this. No way.

"Well, does Aeri know my standard then?" Jimin asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Jimin. We trust Aeri and she is your childhood best friend." Her father said this time.

"Yeah, and my best friend wouldn't agree with your agenda without talking it out with me first." 

"We asked her to find someone suitable for you and she did just that for us. She's still a good friend." 

"What if I say no?"

"I believe she is the only best candidate to be your wife."

"What is this, grandpa? We're not hiring an employee here. It's my future wife, don't I get to choose on my own?" Jimin asked, frowning hard at her family now.

"Listen to us, meet the person first. We have make an appointment for you and her by next week."

"Grandpa!!"

"Jimin! You don't raise your voice like that to your grandpa." Mr Yoo glared at his only daughter.

"Ugh! Whatever, I'm leaving and do not call me!" Jimin throw her hands up in frustration and walked away quickly, ignoring the yelling from her family who kept calling for her to come back.

"Aeri better have a good explanation once she comes back from Japan." Jimin muttered in annoyance.

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Jimin had a stressful week, transferring and settling down in her new office as the new CEO of Yoo Corps as her father had finally stepped down and let her take over since she's back for good. She was supposed to fetch her best friend from the airport in 3 hours, but she decided to roam around the mall first, which is one of Uchinaga's building too, her best friend's family business.

"La la la la- Ack!"

"Oh."

Jimin looked down and a cute kid around 5 years old looked up at her with round eyes and a pout.

"Careful there. You shouldn't run around carelessly." Jimin said and smiled at her.

"I have to run because I can't let them take my ice cream." The kid said and sighed dramatically while holding an ice cream.

"More reasons for you to be extra careful then."

"Why?"

Jimin chuckled and squats down.

"You don't want to drop your ice cream." Jimin said and the kid gasped as she quickly shook her head.

"Now, where are your parents?" Jimin asked.

"Minji!"

Jimin then turned her head to see two girls running towards them. She slowly stood up, but her eyes were fixed on the girl at the front.

"Minji! I told you not to run and going far from us. It's dangerous!"

Jimin tilted her head as she continued to stare at the girl she just met. Pretty.

"Yes, mom." The kid rolled her eyes, but still pouting.

Only then, Jimin finally looked back at the kid. Mom?

"Oh my god, Minjeong. Next time, you're on your own." Another girl just finally catching up, breathing heavily and fan herself using her hand.

"You said this many times already, but you would still join us."

"I blame this on Minji, she's too cute that I cannot resist!"

Jimin and Minji just looked at the young girls back and forth before Jimin finally decided to remind them about her presence. So, Jimin cleared and bowed her head slightly at them when they finally looked at her.

"Oh."

"Oh, Ning."

Jimin's eyebrows furrowed with the weird reaction she got, but she just shrugs it off.

"Uh, your kid, umm, she bumped into me earlier." Jimin said and gestured to the kid.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry. Minji, did you say sorry already?" Minjeong squinted at the kid.

"I'm sorry, Miss stranger." Minji turned to Jimin and pouted at her. Jimin chuckled and patted her head gently.

"It's fine, but you should listen to your mom next time. You can't just run around in a huge place like this, you could get lost." Jimin told her and she nodded her head cutely.

"Thank you. I'm glad she bumped into someone who's nice as you." Minjeong bowed at Jimin.

"Uh, no worries. Your daughter is cute, she looks like you."

"Huh?" Minjeong raised her eyebrows and Jimin blinked her eyes repeatedly as she just realised she kind of saying Minjeong is cute.

"Umm, I uh- I need to go. I hope you guys enjoy your day." Jimin smiled nervously.

"Oh. Thank you, Yoo Jimin."

"Yeah, I'll get going now. It's nice to meet you." Jimin then stepped back before bowing once again, then left.

"She doesn't realised you just said her full name, does she?"

"She doesn't, Ning." Minjeong laughed while Ning facepalmed herself.

While on the other hand, Jimin rubs her chest and sighed.

"Why do all pretty girls got taken?" Jimin asked herself.

"But damn, she makes me nervous and she has a beautiful smile." Jimin smiles to herself as she remembered Minjeong's sweet smile.

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

"I still hate you for this, Aeri."

Aeri laughed at her best friend who wouldn't stop complaining and grunting in the car with her. She is driving them to meet Jimin's potential future wife as requested. Jimin finally agrees to meet the person first after her family agreed that she can choose either she wants the arrangement to continue or not after the meeting.

"Hey, it's good enough that I still want to come and accompany you meeting her." Aeri said.

"I know, but what were you thinking? Really Aeri?"

"I'm thinking of setting you up with the most amazing girl, Jimin. Just like what your family has always wanted."

"I am still young. I am 27, Aeri."

"Well, 28 is a good age to get married and you're going to be 28 soon."

"Aeri!"

Aeri laughed harder but quickly stopped as she needs to focus on the road.

"Okay, but this girl is very kind. You will like her, Jimin."

"Who is she again?"

"My future wife's best friend." Aeri grinned.

"Right, and when are you going to introduce your girlfriend to me?"

"In half an hour, she's coming with your future wife too."

"She is not my future wife."

"Okay, okay."

They have finally arrived at a 5 star restaurant and quickly got assisted by the restaurant's manager to their reserved seat at the corner. They both sat down first and decided to order in advanced while waiting for the other girls to arrive.

"Aeri, I need to take this call first." Jimin excused herself and got up to answer the phone call while Aeri made some orders for them.

Suddenly, Aeri felt like she needs to pee so she went to the restroom after making an order. When Jimin was done with the call, she walked back to their table and were surprised to see two familiar girls sitting there.

"Aren't they? Oh god."

Aeri who just came out of the restroom, saw Jimin was hiding behind the wall while looking at the two girls silently.

"Yah." Aeri frowned when Jimin jumped a little before she glared at Aeri.

"What are you doing?"

"Aeri, that's my date?"

Aeri then looked at the table and smiled when she saw the girls have arrived already.

"Yes, they are finally here. Come on."

"W-Wait." Jimin held Aeri's arm and pulled her back.

"What's wrong?" Aeri asked her best friend.

"The blonde girl is my date?"

"Blonde girl? You really-" Aeri then slapped her arm causing her to wince and stepped away.

"Ow! What was that for?" Jimin asked, frowning at her.

"That's my girlfriend, stupid. The brunette is your date, Kim Minjeong."

"The brunette? You're the stupid one! She can't be my date!" Jimin yelled in a whisper and hissed.

"What? Why??"

"Aeri. She's married!"

"What?!"

"She even has a cute 5 years old daughter!"

"What are you even saying? Where did you get this information? You don't even know her yet."

"We met last week, okay? And I was there. I saw with my own eyes. Min- Minji? I think that's her daughter's name, yeah. Minji. She has Minji."

Aeri stares blankly at Jimin's frowning face and crossed her arms.

"Jimin. You go sit at the table with them now before I kick you right here and I don't care about your image at all."

"What-"

"Go!"

Aeri pushed her towards the table and Jimin have no choice but to go.

"Hi girls!"

"Aeri!"

"Babeeee."

Aeri giggled and pecked her girlfriend's cheek before sitting down beside Jimin who were still frowning.

"Jimin, this is Ningning. My love. You can call her Ning."

"Hello." Ning smiled at her and Jimin just gave her a small smile.

"And this is Minjeong, your future wife." Aeri said and raised an eyebrow at Jimin who sits frozen.

"Hello there, Yoo Jimin." Minjeong smiled widely.

"And girls, enlighten me please. Why do Jimin think that Minjeong is married and Minji is Minjeong's daughter?" Aeri asked.

Both Minjeong and Ning looked at each other before they laughed causing Jimin and Aeri to be confused.

"I think there's a misunderstanding here." Ning said.

"I never say that I'm married though." Minjeong said.

"But last time, the cute kid. She's your daughter, right? She even looks like you." Jimin said and Minjeong nodded her head.

"She does, she looks exactly like me that many people thought she's mine too." Minjeong giggled.

"But no, she's not my daughter." Minjeong said again.

"She called you mom."

"Yeah, because she's annoyed with me for acting just like her mother. We're that close to annoy each other, but then again, she is not my daughter. She is my brother's daughter." Minjeong explained.

Jimin's jaw dropped and she slowly turned to Aeri who already massaged her temple and looked at Jimin with her bored face.

"Minji is not her daughter." Jimin whispered.

"She's not, Jimin."

Minjeong and Ning giggled at Jimin's funny reaction while Aeri glared at them for finding the situation amusing.

"Oh." Jimin scratches her non itchy cheek.

"Now that we have cleared the misunderstanding, shall we order some more and starts eating first? I'm hungry." Aeri said, which earned a nod from Ning and Minjeong.

Jimin then looked to the front and found Minjeong was still giggling lowly with Ning. After a few seconds, Minjeong and Ning stopped when Aeri talked to Ning. Minjeong then turned to Jimin who were still looking at her. She smiled at her, leaning forward to rest her chin on her intertwined fingers.

"So, I heard that I may not be your standard. I'm curious, Yoo Jimin, what is your standard then?" Minjeong asked with a tiny smirk as she stares right into Jimin's eyes.

Dear god, allow me to have enough strength to face this Kim Minjeong. She's so- ugh! I don't know, ah I don't know!

"I can't wait to get to know you more, that if you will allow me to." Minjeong said and chuckled right after that, causing Jimin to malfunction.

. I think I'm in love already. Jimin gulped.

Aeri looked at Jimin in disbelief before rolling her eyes.

"So much for saying that she won't be so easy to please, but look at her now. She looks like a fool already." Aeri mumbled only for her to hear.

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Sigh, Jimin Jimin. Kim Minjeong is that attractive okay, even I keep falling for her charms and cuteness huhuhu. 

ANYWAYS! Here's my new One Shot for my lovely readers. Enjoy it, guys and take care!

 

xx