I'm In Love With A Criminal - Part 4

Winrina = Jiminjeong

Yunjin whistled and checking Minjeong out from head to toe as she watched Karina talked to her alone outside. Giselle who was beside her only shook her head seeing how invested Yunjin is in Karina's and Minjeong's relationship.

"Damn, that detective is really attractive, Aeri."

"She is." Giselle agreed and nodded her head.

Yunjin laughed, she knew that Giselle is actually rooting for Minjeong as well.

"Do you think she will do it?" Yunjin asked.

"For Jiminie, she will. No doubt."

"How are you so sure?"

"My girlfriend said so." Giselle winked and Yunjin rolled her eyes.

"Will she be ready for what's coming for her if Karina decided to let her in though?"

Giselle let out a slow and heavy sigh as she looked outside again, observing Minjeong who was listening to Karina.

"She should be. She's in love with Karina Yoo after all. So, she should be ready for all the consequences."

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

"She agreed?" Yunjin asked in excitement.

"Unfortunately, yes." Karina sighed and slumped her body on the couch.

Giselle chuckled and texted her girlfriend.

"I knew it! She's not one to give up so easily." Yunjin grinned.

"Aeri, I need the rest of her information. All her background details, her past, her family." Karina said.

"On it already." Giselle smirked when Karina looked at her in shocked.

"My girlfriend knows that we might need it so she has prepared all of the details for you in advanced."

"That's fast. Ah, she's really the best girlfriend for you." Yunjin praised and Giselle giggled in glee.

"Well, send it to me now. And leave me alone, I don't need you two to distract me." Karina glared.

"Okay, we'll let you enjoy reading your future girlfriend's information." Yunjin teased and Giselle quickly pulled her with her to leave Karina alone before Karina smack her for being annoying.

"Have fun, bestie." Giselle winked and laughed with Yunjin as they both rushed outside.

"So insufferable." Karina mumbled, then went to her office room to get her laptop.

She quickly switched it on and opened her email right away, humming as she saw a new email from Giselle's girlfriend.

"Let's see what you got, detective Kim." Karina clicked open the file and started reading it's content.

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

"Everyone, gather up." Minjeong commanded with full authority as she entered her team's private working room. The perks of being the organization's favourite detective, she got to have her own room for her own team.

Her team which consists of Ten, Taeyong and Ning. The one who usually works with her.

"We found a big clue that might take us closer to the suspect. There's a secret operation has been going on in this abandoned warehouse block." Minjeong explained and gestured Ning to show the photos through the projector screen.

"Isn't that warehouse too far from the city?" Ten asked.

"It is." 

"Hmm, so, you're saying we might be able to know the identity of the suspect if we spy on their operation there?" Taeyong asked.

"Correct. We need to ambush their operation. We can't waste time anymore."

"I'm all in." Ten said.

"Do we know just how many of them there?" Taeyong asked, worried about the whole situation.

"Just enough. So, we can't afford to be careless at all. I will request for a back up team to be on stand by for us." Minjeong told them.

"Ning?"

"Everything's prepared!" Ning winked and gave her thumbs up. Minjeong smiled and nodded.

"We will make a move tonight. Please, be ready." Minjeong said.

 

 

...

 

 

Ning glanced at her best friend as she heard her sigh for nth times. Minjeong have always been serious and in all focus during her mission, only now she seemed distracted.

"Hey, is everything alright?" Ning asked in a low whisper as they hid behind a black van not far from the warehouse they were going to ambush soon.

"Yeah." Minjeong put on a small smile as she tried to focus again.

"You know that you can always tell me everything, right?"

Minjeong looked at Ning and she knew that her best friend was just concerned about her.

"You have me. You always have me, Minjeong ah."

Minjeong smiled and patted Ning's arm, she's thankful to have Ning sticking with her through it all. She has been a really good friend.

"I know, pretty." Minjeong winked and Ning rolled her eyes but chuckled hearing Minjeong's playful flirting remarks.

"Can you check if the boys are good?"

"Sure."

Ning then tapped on her wireless earphone to try and contact the boys. While making sure everyone is in their position, Ning observed her best friend again. She knew her too well to know that something else is on her mind, well, she might have an idea on what's going on in her best friend's head.

"Saw a new car coming in."

"Hold up."

Ning then grabbed Minjeong's attention and told her about it.

"Taeyong, are you in a place where you can see the situation inside?" Minjeong asked.

"Negative, ma'am."

"Ten?"

"I'm in, but I can't make a lot of movements. There are quite a lot of them here."

Minjeong frowned and tried to think about the situation.

"Anyone sees the leader?" Minjeong asked again.

"There's a secret room inside, it seems like a few protected the room by standing outside the door." Ten informed her.

"Could be the suspect." Ning said.

"Ning and I will handle the situation outside and distract the others as much as we can. Ten, make sure the men move away from the room. Taeyong, prepare for an opportunity to get inside the room."

"Yes, ma'am."

"We will be right behind you. If you think it's not safe to continue, send a signal and leave immediately. Understand?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Good. Now, let's move and be safe everyone."

Minjeong then checked her handgun for one more time before she gestured Ning to follow her.

"We have to split." Ning said.

"Yeah. Careful okay." Minjeong squeezed Ning's hand and earned a firm nod before they went separate ways.

 

 

...

 

 

Karina stepped out of her car and took off her spec as she observed the situation outside, she could hear some noises and screams, as well as the gun shots.

"Jeno, stay here. Only come and get me when it's time."

"Boss?"

"Do not make me repeat."

Jeno frowned but nodded his head. He watched as Karina approached the place calmly, looking as if she knows where to go.

"What is she thinking?"

On the other hand, Minjeong managed to knock down five men without using her gun. She was just done with the last man when she could feel a new presence, she quickly snapped his neck and took out her gun before turning around, pointing her gun towards the newcomer only to be shocked seeing the woman of her interest in front of her eyes.

"Karina?! What-"

"This is where I'm coming to test you, detective Kim. You said you will protect me and make me as your priority. Now, shall we see if I could really trust you?"

Minjeong was honestly dumbfounded, this is an important case for her and her team. She needs to clear everything as soon as possible. One small mistake, then they will be dead. They are going after a dangerous case after all.

Karina knew about this from Giselle. She just knew that this would be the perfect time to test Minjeong, so she decided to sabotage her mission to see what would she do.

"!"

Karina raised her eyebrows. Minjeong was confused and cursed because she knows this is an important test from Karina as well. She had to choose between her team and Karina. No, she's not going to sacrifice her team, especially Ning. However, she is not going to lose the chance to earn Karina's trust too. 

"You just had to-" Minjeong widened her eyes when Karina walked inside.

"Wait- Karina!!"

"Will you let them kill me?"

"This isn't-"

"Will you?!"

"Argh!"

Minjeong quickly shot a guy who just ran out to check the situation and moved in front of Karina. More men were coming after them, Minjeong kept cursing when Karina does not even do anything to save herself and let Minjeong handled it all.

"She's capable, Jimin. You don't have to be weak just because of her. She can protect herself and you don't have to worry about her if you were to date her."

Now, Karina is going to see it for herself, if Minjeong is really that good and reliable.

"Where the hell are you??! I'm running out of ammo!"

"Ning! Don't get exposed yet! Give me time!"

"I'm trying!"

Minjeong then made a quick decision, she needed the back up. She called Mark and asked for team B to be there instantly.

"Minjeong!!!"

"I'm coming!"

Minjeong then pushed Karina towards the huge container and shot a few guys to death before she knocked down a few more using the metal rod she found there.

"Karina, please. I would die for you, but my best friend needs me right now." Minjeong panted.

"I need someone here!!" 

Minjeong got stressed hearing the harsh and worried tone from Taeyong.

"Jeno will be here soon. Just a little bit more, bring me back to my car safely." Karina said calmly.

Minjeong then pulled Karina down with her when more men coming out and shoots towards their direction. She hissed and kept pulling Karina towards the back, hiding from being exposed.

"I can't hold it any longer! There are too many for me!"

"Taeyong! Wait, I'm coming!"

"Ning! Don't you dare!"

"He needs help!"

Minjeong then told Karina to stay and do not move before she went out and shot down a few men. She pushed some empty medium sized barrels to block the way to buy her some time before going back to Karina.

"Let's go."

"What about your team?"

"After you."

Minjeong managed to bring Karina out of the place and sighed in relief when she saw Jeno driving fast towards them. She made sure Karina gets inside and told Jeno to drive fast and far away, bringing Karina back safely.

"I'll see you?" Karina looked at her one more time.

"Yes." Minjeong said seriously then ran back inside.

"Drive." And Jeno got them out of there as fast as possible. Karina then took out her mobile phone and contacted Giselle.

"Aeri, Ning-"

"I got her. I will kill you, Jimin."

"See you soon."

Karina then hung up and made another call.

Unknown to Minjeong, Karina has already informed Giselle beforehand about their situation. Giselle was there, hiding as she kept her keen eyes on Ning, making sure she is safe. She wouldn't let anything happen to her girlfriend. Yes, girlfriend. Ning has been going on undercover for Karina to be a detective and keep her image clean to avoid any suspicions.

Ning is a loyal friend to Karina before Giselle and Yunjin. She was there, witnessing everything, and still, she preferred to stay by Karina's side. Karina saved her from getting killed by the loan shark who turned out to be Karina's enemy in the past. So, she decided to pay for Karina's kindness for sparing her life by agreeing to go undercover for her since Ning is actually a smart kid.

"Johnny. Make sure Minjeong and her team comes out alive."

"Yes, boss."

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Karina found out that Minjeong's mother died mysteriously, it was the reason why Minjeong applied for the job, to be a detective. She wanted to find out the real reason behind her mother's death. Her brother, Suho, takes over the company since their father died due to a heart attack when they were still young.

"She loves her mother so much. She's determined to find her mother's killer, and she did. She managed to throw the guy into jail and he received a death sentence as his punishment."

Karina learned more about Minjeong's background from Ning, and seeing how much Ning seems to be fond of Minjeong, Karina decided to let her guard down a little. So, now, she's having Minjeong on her luxury yacht, but with hands being tied behind her.

"I'm glad that you managed to save your team." Karina said, she tilted her head when Minjeong does not even look at her, but at Ning who were being babied by Giselle.

While Ning could only give Minjeong an apologetic smile.

"It's impressive, that you were able to save all of us." Karina said, and this time she snapped her fingers to get Minjeong's attention back.

"At this rate, you might earn all of my trust." Karina said again.

She gets up from her seat to approach Minjeong and cupped her jaw. Karina smirked seeing Minjeong's blushing face.

"Detective, there's just one thing for you to do for me to finally let you in. Would you do it?" Karina whispered and smiled wickedly.

"Tell me, I'll do it." Karina hummed, as this was one of the rare moments where Minjeong would sound this firm without stuttering.

"Anything?" Karina asked, and Minjeong nodded her head.

"Well, I'll make it easy for you then, detective Kim. I'll take you as mine, if..." Karina paused and traced her finger along Minjeong's jaw.

"If you would jump for me." Karina finished her sentence and pointed at the ocean.

Ning straightened up, worrying if Karina will cross the line, but Giselle reassured her that nothing will happen.

"Jump?"

"Mhm. Jump." Karina winked.

She patted Minjeong's head as she chuckled before she turned around to sit down again.

"I'll be yours if you would jump for me, and I will-" Karina froze when she heard a loud splash. All of her men suddenly was on alert.

Karina quickly looked back and found no more Minjeong behind her.

"Did she just-"

"Yeah, she jumped without hesitation." Yunjin told her and already stood up to check where Minjeong just jumped.

"It has been 15 seconds." Ning said, worried.

Karina pressed her fingers to her temple and groaned in frustration.

"Aish. Damn it." She hissed before she took off her jacket and immediately run towards the edge and jumped right at where Minjeong just jumped.

"Woah, did you guys see that? I almost jump to save my favourite sister in law, but look, the ever heartless Karina Yoo just jump into the ocean to save that detective!" Yunjin clapped her hands happily while Giselle only rolled her eyes.

"Will they be okay?" Ning asked.

"Don't worry, Karina is a good swimmer and she won't die easily." Yunjin told her.

"And she won't let Minjeong die, but- well, I think she just did not expect Minjeong to jump right away." Giselle said and scratched her head.

"Boys, prepare to get them back up!" Yunjin commanded.

"Yes, ma'am!"

 

 

...

 

 

"Boss."

Karina took the towel from Johnny and panted as she stood up and looked at her entire outfit. She glanced at Minjeong when the younger kept coughing. She waited for Johnny to untie her hands before she reached out her hand for Minjeong to take.

"Up." Karina said, and Minjeong gulped before taking her hand and let Karina helped her up.

Karina then wrapped her with the towel and pulled her closer. Minjeong blinked and looked up at Karina with her round eyes.

"A-Am I uhh..."

Karina raised her eyebrows when Minjeong was being nervous and she kept clearing now.

"What?" Karina asked.

"Y-You said that... You would be mine if I jump." Minjeong said.

"Of course, she would! She's all yours, darling. Welcome to the family!!" Yunjin decided to answer on behalf of Karina since she couldn't stand seeing Karina playing hard to get any longer.

She then went to hug Minjeong and patted her back vigorously.

"Yah." Karina hissed and pulled Minjeong behind her.

"Opps. Too much? Hehe." Yunjin grinned while Ning and Giselle chuckled seeing the scene in front of them.

"Johnny, take us back to the land now." 

"Yes, boss."

"I can't let you go anymore now, detective Kim. You know too much." Karina said coldly.

Yunjin and Giselle groaned at Karina's annoying reason when they both knew that Karina is actually slowly having a soft spot for the dearest detective already.

"You know, sometimes I wish I can smack some sense into her head." Yunjin whispered to Giselle.

"Give her some time, she's still a baby in this whole love thing." Giselle replied.

"You called her a baby?? That scary little Yoo is hellish-" Yunjin paused and laughed awkwardly when Karina glared at her, she didn't mean to say that out loud.

Ning just shook her head as it was a normal scene for her. She went to check on Minjeong and pouted when Minjeong glared at her.

"Betrayer." Minjeong mumbled and looked away.

"Come on, I'll explain everything. Promise."

"You better."

"I'm still your best friend, right?"

"Only because you're on Karina's side."

"Oh, shut up."

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Hi, everyone! An update after a long time. Hehe. Enjoy!!