Burning Desire - Part 7

Winrina = Jiminjeong

"Well, you did tell me that I should do whatever I want."

Winter knows. She said that. Yes. 

"I didn't think that you would come this soon." Winter mumbled and looked at a new bouquet of flowers in Karina's hands.

As she stares at the beautiful choices of flower, she smiled unconsciously. Karina tilted her head, glancing at the flowers before she looked at Winter again. She chuckled, which gained Winter's attention again.

"Obviously, this is for you." Karina said and handed her the flowers.

Winter hummed, tried to act nonchalantly as she took the flowers. She hid her smile as she lowered her head to smell them. Winter closed her eyes, and somehow feeling calm as she smell the flowers.

Karina just watched the scene quietly. She took a step forward, casually wrapped her right arm around Winter's waist gently as Winter opened her eyes to look at her.

"Do you like them?" Karina asked, gesturing to the flowers.

"Mm." Winter only hummed, and nodded her head cutely.

Karina sighed softly, wanting to kiss her so bad for being adorable in front of her, but she must not losing control, yet.

"Good. I want you to like everything I'm about to give you from now on, including my attention and my heart." Karina said.

Winter looked away from Karina's intense stare, and she was aware of Karina's arm around her too, as always. She noticed that Karina's hands always find their ways to settle on her waist most of the time when they were close to each other. She was annoyed at her before, frustrated even. However, it was hard to push Karina away. Winter still couldn't find the reason why.

She wanted to push her, but at the same time, she felt good being around Karina. Her presence causes chaos in her mind and heart, yet her presence can calms her too. So, Winter was confused.

"Sweetheart." 

Winter looked up at Karina when she called her softly.

"Do not think too hard." Karina told her, as if knowing what's in her mind.

"Remember, do not hold back." Karina reminded her again.

Winter slowly nodded her head, and her heart just skipped a beat when Karina gave her the most loving and soft smile ever.

"I'm courting you, okay?" Karina asked.

"Okay."

"We'll go with the flow. And I want you to be comfortable with me. Okay?"

"Okay."

Karina smiled again, satisfied with Winter's answer. She took Winter's left hand, lifting it up to give her soft kisses on her knuckles.

"And when you fall, baby, I will be there to catch you. I promise." 

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

"Grandma, have you eaten?" Winter asked when she saw her grandmother was reading a book in the living room.

"Minjeongie. You're back. Yes, I've eaten already." Kim Minhee smiled seeing her granddaughter just got back from her dinner date with Karina.

Karina dropped by to see her first earlier, asking Winter out in front of her. Minhee, of course, allowed her to take Winter out.

"Where's Karina?"

"She-"

"Winter, I gave Johnny his food already and- oh, Madam Kim! Hello." Karina quickly bowed.

Minhee saw Karina was holding a paper bag in one hand, and her other hand was holding a shopping bag full with she does not know what, but seems like there were snacks.

"We bought you some food too." Karina said happily.

"That's very nice of you two." Minhee said, glanced at Winter who only looked at Karina.

"I brought Winter to this nice restaurant, and she likes the food. She said you might like them too. So, I decided to buy you some, and I didn't forget the gentleman outside." Karina told her.

Then, Karina approached Winter.

"Where do I put this, sweetheart?" Karina whispered lowly, but Minhee still could hear her.

"Uh, grandma have eaten. We'll put this in the fridge, and I'll bring the snacks to my room." Winter was about to take the shopping bag, but Karina does not let her.

Karina glanced at Minhee who just raised her eyebrows.

"Is it okay if I ask her if I can bring this to her room?" Karina asked.

"Yeah. I would like to know what would Minjeongie say too." Minhee laughed.

Winter rolled her eyes. She sighed, then nodded her head.

"Follow me." She muttered and turned around to go upstairs.

Karina smirked and her eyes brightened as she watches Winter.

"You might have to follow her now instead of staring and stay unmoving." Minhee said.

"You're right, Madam Kim. We'll be back." Karina winked, and Minhee only shook her head.

She told Karina to put down the paper bag that contains the food she bought for her on top of the coffee table first, which Karina obeyed before she immediately went upstairs to follow Winter.

"You can put them there." Winter said, pointing at the single sofa near her bed table.

"Okay, baby."

"Are you going to leave right away?" Winter asked.

"Why? Are you going to miss me already?"

"I was just asking, because I want to wash up and rest."

Karina chuckled. Winter did not stop her at all tonight. She was being sweet to her, and kept calling her with endearment, which she just let her.

"Did you have fun though?" Karina asked.

"I did. I like the food."

"Just the food?" Karina asked, and stands in front of her.

"Hm?" Karina waited for her answer when Winter was just quiet.

"Y-Your company is nice too." Winter said.

Karina nodded her head, a smile is already on her face. She glanced at the red rose that she bought for Winter before they went home earlier, it was on Winter's bed now.

"Good. Very good."

Karina then cupped her face.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Tomorrow?"

"Yes. I will bring you out for lunch."

"Are you not... Like, busy at all?"

"Darling, I will never be busy for you." Karina winked.

Winter blinked her eyes. Karina is indeed, very different than Jeno. Jeno has always been busy often.

"I"ll pick you up." Karina said, and Winter just nodded.

"Goodnight, I hope you will dream of me tonight." Karina smirked, then leaned in causing Winter to stumble back, but Karina quickly held her waist.

"I got you, baby." Karina chuckled. She caressed Winter's waist before finally letting her go. She bit her bottom lip and cleared . She wanted to kiss her so bad, but that's for another time. Not yet, Karina Yoo.

"I'll be going now. Sleepwell." Karina smiled at her before she walked out of her room.

 

 

...

 

 

Minhee stood up just in time when Karina was walking down the stairs.

"Madam Kim, are you going to sleep?" Karina asked.

"I want to rest in my room. Leaving now?" Minhee asked back.

"Yeah, it's kind of late too." Karina said.

"Did you manage to make Minjeongie enjoy the dinner date?" 

"Come on, I thought you had faith in me, Madam Kim." Karina chuckled.

"I can't help, but to ask."

Karina hummed and put her hands in her pocket.

"She was overjoyed, Madam Kim."

"Don't exaggerate." Minhee squinted her eyes at her.

Karina laughed and shook her head. She then hugged Minhee as she laughed together with her.

"I made sure she enjoyed it. At least, she agreed to have lunch with me tomorrow. That means, my company isn't that bad, right?"

"Hmm. I guess so. So, you'll take her out again tomorrow."

"Yes."

"You sure are moving fast."

Karina laughed again at Minhee's comment, pulling away from their hug to grin at her.

"I don't like wasting time, Madam Kim. And if Winter is okay seeing me every day, I will take all the chances to see her every day." 

"As long as she's okay with that, I don't mind. My granddaughter deserve to be happy."

"Of course." Karina smiled.

"Madam Kim."

"Yes?"

"I will make Winter to like me more than you do."

"I would like to see you try." Minhee laughed.

"Don't be jealous when she finally falls for me. Maybe, we can't even spend time alone like this." Karina teased, and made Minhee laughed harder.

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Karina chuckled seeing the energetic employee of the newly opened cafe near her apartment was promoting the pastries and cakes excitedly to Winter, while Winter blinked her eyes repeatedly and tried to keep up with the employee's fast introduction of their products.

"So, what would you like to try first??"

"Uh, Oh, Um... One moment." Winter laughed awkwardly, scratching her head.

"Is there anything you like?" Karina asked, leaning down slightly when Winter turned to whisper at her.

"Well, she- um- she said everything is really, really great here." Winter whispered, biting her lip as she hummed while still thinking of what should she order.

Karina smiled, circling an arm around Winter's waist naturally, pulling the younger closer. Karina almost- almost kissed her cute cheeks when she stares at her this close.

"Should we order different ones, and then we share?" Winter asked, turning her head towards her.

Karina gave her sweetest smiled, and nodded her head.

"Whatever you like, baby."

 

 

...

 

 

Karina pulled out a chair for Winter using her other free hand, before she put down the tray she was carrying from the counter, and took a seat beside Winter.

"The place is nice, isn't it? The owner lives in the same building as me." Karina told Winter.

"Really?"

"Yes. She's very nice too. I'll introduce you to her one day."

"Oh, there's no need though."

"She had been asking if I have someone already, because apparently, she said it's illegal for me to stay single. Since, well, I am being this hot." Karina smirked when Winter looked at her blankly.

"Now that I have you. I'm thinking of finally introduce my someone to her." Karina said, and winked.

"You're showing off." 

"Definitely. I want to show you off. People should know that you're mine."

"We're not together."

Karina laughed as she threw her head back at Winter's quick reply. She scooted closer, and grabbed Winter's chin.

"Not yet, baby. But, we will be."

 

 

...

 

 

Karina holds Winter's hands as they both walked peacefully on the sidewalk.

"Don't you have a meeting or don't you have to be at work right now?" Winter asked.

"My company can survive without me there in the office for a few times. I only hired the best people to be my employees, so they would know how to handle things when I am not around."

Winter raised her eyebrows at Karina's confidence.

"Do you trust them that much?"

"Of course, or I wouldn't be here now. They know well not to do anything stupid." Karina answered.

"Wow." 

"Why?"

"You're different than any other CEOs I have known."

Karina laughed. She must admit, she can be as casual as she can. She was not a busy woman. She, sometimes let her company get under the control of her trusted employee when she wanted a break. She has a full authority to drag anyone down, in case if ever anyone would dare to mess with her.

"There's a reason why I only hire the best people. So, I wouldn't stress out if I need to take a break from work." Karina told her.

"I'm amazing, aren't I?" Karina asked, smirking at Winter.

Winter nodded her head, she couldn't lie and say that she is not. Karina grinned at Winter's response.

"Just so you know, not only that I am the best CEO in the world, I can be the best and amazing lover too." Karina said, which made Winter to scoff, but Karina saw her lips tugged upward a little, and that is enough to her to feel giddy inside.

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Karina tapped her fingers on the desk as she listened to her employee's presentation about their previous project. She had been in the meeting room for an hour, and she longed to hear Winter's voice already. She loves to call the girl whenever she can, and it seems like nowadays, Winter entertains her more than before.

She glanced at her secretary who was busy taking note of everything on her behalf, then to the rest of the employees who paid attention to the presentation. She wanted to leave and just go to Winter instead of staying, but she had to finish this meeting.

Karina let out a sigh, loud enough for everyone to hear her. Everyone got tenses, especially the employee who was in charge of the presentation. He stopped for a few seconds, waiting if Karina had something to say.

"Continue, and please finish this faster." Karina demanded, and he nodded his head vigorously before speaking as quickly as he could.

After it felt like a day, the meeting was finally done. It took about 3 hours with all of the discussions as well. Karina stood up instantly after dismissing everyone, she left without looking at anyone, and told Chaehyun she can leave early once her work is done.

Karina took off her blazer and threw it off onto her couch, before dialing Winter's number.

"Karina?"

"Hi, sweetheart. Are you still out?"

"Yes, I am actually going for a coffee with Ningning after accompanying her shop and went to the saloon earlier."

Karina slumped herself in her swivel chair and sighed softly.

"Is everything alright?"

Karina closed her eyes, and hummed.

"I miss you, Winter."

"..."

A smile spread on her face as she was met with silence. She can imagine Winter's blank face, or even her slightly blushing cheek.

"Can I pick you up?"

"I thought you had an important meeting today?"

"I'm done for the day."

"Oh."

"Can I, baby?" Karina asked her softly.

"Wait."

"Hm."

She heard a hush and some whispers, Karina smiled.

"Karina?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Yes, you may pick me up."

"Awesome. Does Ning needs a ride as well? We can drop her off."

"Wait."

And Karina waited again. Something she would never do if it's someone else.

"Karina, she said there's no need. Her manager is around the area, and will pick her up."

"Okay. Send my regards to her."

"I will."

"What time should I be there to get you, sweetheart?" Karina asked lovingly.

"Maybe in half an hour?"

"Okay. Send me your location."

"Mm."

 

 

...

 

 

Karina cursed as her car jerked after she hit the brake abruptly. A car was speeding at the other lane, and stopped sharply in front of her car. She frowned when Jeno got out of the car. What now?

Jeno knocked on her car's window, gesturing her to come out. Karina scoffed. She does not bother to get out at all, she just rolled down the window.

"What do you want?" She asked lazily.

"I want you to stay away from Winter."

"Ha." Karina chuckled.

"I am serious." Jeno glared at her.

"You should just focus on your girl."

"Winter is mine!"

Karina's smirk disappeared as soon as she heard that statement, she hates it to the core. She wanted to be the only one who is able to call Winter that way.

"I think you forgot, Lee Jeno."

"What?"

"She is not yours anymore."

"She will be mine again! We have a deep connection, and she's just ignoring me now to hurt me back. She loves me!"

That's it.

Karina pushed her car's door opened, purposely slamming it against Jeno who stumbled back and rubbed his arm. Karina slammed shut the door before stepping towards Jeno. She took off her sunglasses and glared at him.

"You got the company already. The damage is done. Don't use Winter for your revenge. I won't let you hurt her!" Jeno yelled.

Karina clicked her tongue. Stupid.

Jeno was very, very stupid. How can he not see just how much Karina has been wanting his ex girlfriend since day one. He should have looked after Winter the moment she set her eyes on Winter, but no. He decided to treat Winter poorly, which drives Karina more to take her from him.

"The thing is, Lee Jeno, I am the one who is not going to let you hurt her again." Karina said.

"She is mine and- ack! Yah!" Jeno held Karina's wrist as she grabbed his collar harshly and pulled him hard.

"She is not yours." Karina growled, her dark eyes are glaring sharply at him.

"But she still loves me. I am her only longtime partner. Do you think she has moved on already, huh?" Jeno smirked evilly to provoke Karina.

Karina was about to talk back when she heard a certain ringtone, which indicates that Winter is the one who's calling her.

"Back off, Jeno. I'm warning you to stay away from both Winter and I." Karina said then got back inside her car.

"You're wasting my time." She hissed.

Karina then changed the gear, and reversed her car in a fast speed before she made a sharp turn to avoid Jeno's car, and sped off. She answered Winter's call as she was on her way to her.

"I'll be there soon, baby. Give me five minutes."

"Okay."

And she hung up, throwing her phone to the passenger seat before stepping on the gas more.

 

 

...

 

 

Karina pulled off her tie and ed the first two buttons after she parked her car near the building's entrance. She folds her white sleeves just until below her elbow. She was feeling the heat, she was fueled with anger, and she certainly was not in a good mood now.

She then got out to breathe a little while waiting for Winter to come out. She circled her car and decided to lean against the passenger's seat's door instead. She crossed her arms and did some neck stretching to relax her body.

She only stopped when she heard steps coming closer. She looked up and saw Winter was walking towards her. Karina felt as if the world has stopped spinning for a while, as the wind blew Winter's beautiful blonde hair. She dyed her hair.

"You could have just waited inside." Winter said when she's near.

Karina reached out, and pulled her closer. She slides her left hand behind her hair and grabbed her nape before she rest her forehead on Winter's forehead.

"Kar-"

"Shh." Karina whispered. Her right hand hugged Winter's waist close to her body, and she closed her eyes, seeking Winter's warmth to calm her down.

"Let's stay like this for a while. I need it right now. I need you." Karina said in all honesty.

And slowly, Karina can find her calm breathing again. She was about to pull away when Winter slowly wrapped her arms around her.

"I-Is everything okay? Did something happen?" Winter asked.

Karina clenched her jaw as she remembered her encounter with Jeno, but she knows well not to let it get into her head again.

"There's something that I want to ask you."

"What is it?"

Karina pulled her head away to look at Winter.

"Have you moved on from Jeno?" She asked directly.

Karina gulped when she could feel Winter was clenching her fist on her body.

"Why do you ask?" Winter asked.

"I need to know if he still occupies even just a small space in there." Karina said, eyes glancing at Winter's chest  before looking back quickly at her eyes.

Winter put down her hands and looked away. Karina nodded her head.

"Nevermind. Come on, I'll send you home." Karina said before stepping aside to open the door for her.

 

 

...

 

 

The whole ride was filled with silence, which was unusual since Karina usually likes to and flirt with her. Karina saw how Winter kept fidgeting with her fingers, and she knows she was the cause of it.

So, Karina took her hand and held it on her lap to stop her from fidgeting.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't in my best mood. I hope I did not upset you." Karina apologised.

"No. I understand."

Karina glanced at Winter, and smiled. Sweet girl.

They did not say anything else after that until they reached Kim's mansion. Karina got out first to open the door for her, like always. Karina this time, gives her loving smile as she pulled Winter.

"Did you at least have fun with Ning earlier?" Karina asked.

"Yes."

"Good." Karina caressed Winter's cheek using one hand.

"I hope, I did not ruin your day. But, I can make it up to you." Karina said.

"You did not ruin my day." Winter replied and smiled softly.

"That's really good to hear. I'm glad, really glad." Karina sighed, and melted inside as she stares at Winter's smile.

"You can go inside now. I will let you know if I reach home." Karina told her and finally pulled her hand off Winter.

"Oh, okay."

Karina watched as Winter took hesitant steps towards the door. Karina tilted her head when Winter stopped, slowly turning around with a small frown on her face.

"Karina."

"Yes?"

"You have been very honest with me, all the time." 

"I am." Karina admitted, it's the truth.

Winter was still frowning as she bit her bottom lip, and Karina just wanted to go to her and make her stop biting her own lip. But, Karina does not. She waited for Winter, as she seems to want to say something more.

"I... I want to do the same with you. To be honest with you."

"I'll appreciate it." Karina smiled.

"Yeah..." Winter then walked back to her.

"What's wrong?" Karina asked, worrying if Winter was having a trouble with something or just anything.

"Sweetheart?" Karina called for her sweetly, and held her waist.

"The thing is... Karina..." Winter speaks in a low voice.

Karina had to lean down to hear her properly. Winter grabbed her shoulder and cleared .

"I've... I've moved from him, even before I realised it. It was fast, too fast that it confused me."

"..."

"And when you- when you hold me like this, I couldn't think of anything else. Is it okay to move on this fast when I was with him for a long time?"

Karina did not say anything as she tried to think properly, of what Winter had just told her.

"A-Are you... Still going to catch me, Karina?" With that question, Karina leaned back to stare at Winter's face.

Winter has moved on. She did not feel anything for Jeno anymore. She was already falling, falling for her.

"Oh, baby. Silly you." Karina whispered.

Winter raised her eyebrows at her as Karina pulled her closer.

"I got you, aren't I?" Karina smirked, wrapping both hands around Winter.

"And you're still holding back. I told you, do not hold back with me." Karina said.

"But, so are you." Winter said back, and Karina raised her eyebrows this time.

"I can tell, that you're holding back too." Winter said again.

"Which is hard for me."

"Then, why?"

"Because I want to follow your pace."

"And what if I want to follow yours instead?"

Karina's jaws clenched. Patience, Karina.

Winter was really, really testing her patience. She was the only one who dares to do so.

"You don't want to wake that side of me yet, baby." Karina whispered dangerously and squeezed Winter's waist.

Winter chuckled. Karina really does drive her insane that she's going mad. Her mind had been in chaos, and her heart was thundering and roaring with everything she was feeling lately because of Karina. 

"Karina Yoo." Winter pulled Karina closer by the collar, and Karina's intense eyes looked into her own eyes.

"I want to feel it all. Your love, your affection, your attention, and your... desire. All for me." Winter said, staring straight into her eyes.

"So, just- burn for me." Winter added.

Winter could feel it, the intensity of Karina's burning desire for her. She was not going to hold back anymore. This time, she is going to let herself fall without hesitation. 

"And you better keep catching me." Winter's hard gaze was directed at Karina who wanted to clench her fist as she tried her best not to kiss the younger hard right there and then. 

Unknown to them, Kim Minhee have been watching through the window from inside.

"Seems like the feelings are mutual now. My granddaughter seems to be dangerously in love, just like that damn charming Yoo." Minhee whispered to herself.

"She really keep her words when she said she's going to make Minjeongie fall fast and hard for her." Minhee chuckled in amusement.