Look At Me

Winrina = Jiminjeong

SM University. 

Kim Minjeong attended the university of her dream after a lot of begging and pleading to her parents. Her reasons? Because her close friends went there. 

"Make sure you will visit us every semester break." 

Minjeong grinned and nodded her head vigorously at her mother's stern warning. 

"Behave and don't get involve in a trouble." Her father warned this time. 

"Mom, dad, I am a grown up already. Kim Minjeong never not behave." 

"Yeah, right." 

Minjeong glared at her sister's sarcasm. 

"Make sure you'll always reply to my text if you don't want me to drag you back here." Her sister, Taeyeon said. 

"But are you sure about this? You know, you'll be away from us." Her father said in concerned. 

They won't be that far though. It's just, her home is 2 hours away from the university. But yeah, sometimes her family can be dramatic. 

"I'll be fine. I'll answer every call, promise!" 

 

And so, Minjeong was welcomed with lots of excitement from her friends during her first day of arrival. They literally went all out to be her tour guide, ignoring all the stares they get from being noisy causing Minjeong to just smile nervously and bowed furiously whenever they get too loud near some students. 

Her friends who consists of Ningning, Ryujin, Lia, Shuhua and Yuqi turned out to be one of the popular group there especially with Ryujin being the biggest flirt and Yuqi being such an attention seeker (in a funny way). 

"I think I should reconsider my decision to come here as your friend." Minjeong said. 

"No! Everyone need to know that you're a part of us!" Shuhua shouted. 

"Hell yeah. We are a group of beautiful people!" Yuqi agreed. 

"But I'm not a crazy like you guys." Minjeong mumbled and only Lia heard her. 

"It's okay. We'll be the most normal people in the group." Lia whispered and high five with Minjeong. 

"Oh. Since our Ningning here is a member of the student council, so sometimes she can't join us when we hangout due to student council duty." Ryujin explained to Minjeong once they found a table in the cafeteria. 

"That's too bad then." Minjeong pouted. 

"Don't worry. I'll be with you guys most of the time." Ning smiled at Minjeong. 

Then the cafeteria slowly gets a little quiet so Minjeong was about to ask why while she's looking around, only to pause and stare at the door. 

A group of tall, pretty and intimidating girls just came in together. They were walking with confidence, eyes set on an empty table that seemed to be made just for them which is only 4 tables away from where Minjeong and her friends were sitting at. 

"Who are they?" Minjeong asked, eyes still looking at them. 

"Oh, they are the popular girls here. Basically, everyone loves them. Yeji, Yuna and Chaeryeong are a part of the dance team just like Ryujin. Aeri is the vice president here while the one you're looking at is Yoo Jimin, the university's heartthrob as well as our president." Lia told her. 

"Yoo Jimin." Minjeong mumbled. 

"A heartthrob huh." 

"Yes and based on your reaction, we can see that you're falling for her already." Ryujin teased. 

"Don't worry. We've been there, buddy." Shuhua nodded her head and giggled. 

"Yeah. Like we said, everyone's attracted to her." Yuqi said. 

"Yet sadly, no one's good enough to attract her attention." Ningning said. 

"Why? Is she choosy?" Minjeong asked. 

"Interested now eh?" Ryujin asked back. 

"It's called, curious." Minjeong answered and the gang laughed at her. 

"She doesn't do flings. She's taking a relationship way too serious that if you happen to make a move on her and show no sign in trying to make it last long, you'll get rejected at once." Ryujin explained. 

"Jimin just... Haven't find someone she can love for real. None has ever make her feel that kind of feeling, you know." Ning said. 

"Oh. I see." Minjeong nodded. 

"But like, what's her type?" Minjeong asked. 

"Kim Minjeong, are you really that interested in her already?" Ningning asked. 

"Ah I mean, I just want to know?" 

Her friends laughed at her adorable shy face. 

"Just tell her, Ning." Ryujin said. 

"I'll ask Jimin about that next time." Ning winked. 

 

 

... 

 

 

A month had passed and Minjeong felt like time flies too fast. She was getting comfortable with all of her classmates and she loves studying there. She has learned about a lot of stuffs too and is familiar with every rules and events. 

"You're going to have lunch with your friends?" Chaewon, one of her classmates asked. 

"Yeah. See you guys!" 

Minjeong walked by herself to the cafeteria and smiled as soon as she spotted her friends. However, her eyes could never missed Jimin. 

She slowed down once her eyes landed on Jimin. Her friends can only facepalmed looking at her. 

"I thought she had moved on from her crush on Yoo already." Yuqi said. 

"I guess, she's not like us. She seems like she got it bad for real." Lia chuckled. 

They all shakes their head when Minjeong bumped into someone as she didn't look at the front, attracting some attention including Jimin and her friends. 

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Minjeong quickly bowed and clasped her hands together. 

"No no, it's okay." They guy chuckled as he noticed she was busy staring at Jimin earlier. 

"You gotta be careful next time though I understand why you can't take your eyes off Yoo Jimin." He said then winked before leaving Minjeong dumbfounded there. 

Minjeong then realised that people heard what he just said then she turned her head and her cheeks burned seeing that Jimin is staring at her. 

"Oh ." She muttered then walked quickly towards her friends. 

"Done checking her out?" Yuqi asked her out loud.

"Yah!" Minjeong widened her eyes which only make them all laughed. 

 

 

While on the other hand... 

"The new student seems to like you so much." Yeji said. 

"I heard from Ning that she has a crush on you since her first day here." Aeri told Jimin. 

"She's cute." Yuna commented. 

"She went to our dance club once with Ryujin. She's a polite one." Chaeryeong said. 

"And a sweetheart." Aeri said. 

Jimin snorted before raising her eyebrows at her friends. 

"Are you guys trying to set me up with her?" 

"No. We're just giving our opinion just in case you're interested to get to know her." Yeji said. 

"Ning asked about your ideal type last time. Saying Minjeong is curious. But well, I'm not sure about your ideal type so..." Aeri shrugged her shoulders. 

"She wants to know about my ideal type?" Jimin asked. 

"Yes."

"So, she's interested in me." 

"Don't act like you don't know. Her stare is burning even for us who are just shadows to her." Yuna joked. 

"It's not that I didn't notice her but you know, the whole university loves me but I don't know if they are sincere or not." Jimin said, crossing her arms. 

"And don't think that we didn't notice that you glance at her few times too." Yeji said, crossing her arms as well. 

"She's staring too openly, Yeji. I can't help but feels like she's drilling a hole in my head so that's why I glanced at her so she will stop looking." 

"I'll keep that in mind and let Ning know about it." Aeri said. 

"Oh, please." Jimin rolled her eyes while they all only laughed. 

 

 

...

 

 

The campus hallway is empty. Everyone left to go home already except for their hardworking president who's still inside the student council room, reviewing the proposal for the upcoming annual festival.

Minjeong who's the only one who haven't gone home yet decided to go see Jimin. She knocked on the door before coming in and smiled seeing Jimin's head down, reading on the papers.

"I brought you your favourite drinks." Minjeong said and put the drinks on the desk.

Jimin hums and still doesn't bother to look at her.

When Minjeong learned from Ningning that Jimin said her ideal type is someone caring, Minjeong didn't think much about it and just do anything she can to show Jimin that she's a caring person.

But being a shy person, she always do that only when they're alone just like now.

Jimin was surprised at first when Minjeong came to find her for the first time just to ask her what drinks she likes and what food she likes. Jimin who were too busy to question her why she needs to know and sees no harm in telling Minjeong that, so she just answered her with no hesitation. And Minjeong thanked her and left after Jimin gave her answer.

A day after that, Minjeong will always find Jimin whenever she knows Jimin's staying back alone to give her food or drinks. Jimin has grown accustomed to Minjeong's routine that she let her be without saying anything. It's also because out of all her suitors, only Minjeong isn't being annoying to her. Minjeong only came to see her, gave her something, sometimes cheer her up with few words then that's it.

Jimin never required to talk much as Minjeong never disturb her work and is okay being in silence with Jimin, like how they are right now.

 

 

...

 

 

The rumours about a senior is trying to court Jimin openly spread all around. Minjeong obviously heard of it too. She was about to hate whoever senior who is going to be her rival in winning Jimin's heart until she found out who it was.

Jaehyun, the captain of football as well as the good boy. He's handsome, helpful to everyone and humble. Now how can Minjeong hate someone like that? She can't. And she can't blame him for liking Jimin too. Jimin's just too attractive not to like.

But Minjeong wasn't going to give up just like that. She will fight fair and square. She has done so much to stop now. Or so she thought.

She was on her way to visit Jimin when she saw Jimin's outside the council room with Jaehyun, holding the same drinks that Minjeong always bought for her in her hands.

"Thank you, Jaehyun."

"Ah no, thanks for accepting the drinks." Jaehyun said shyly, rubbing his back head as he blushed looking at Jimin.

Minjeong sighs and looks down at the drinks that's in her hand. The whole time she has been giving Jimin drinks and food, she never get that kind of reaction from Jimin.

Maybe... Jaehyun's her ideal type.

Minjeong then left the scene with a dejected heart. 

After that, Minjeong avoided Jimin everytime she saw her. She tried to not see Jimin often to recover from her heartache. She told her friends that she's going to move on and forget about Jimin, even telling them that Jimin and Jaehyun looks good together.

She stops her routine visiting Jimin and tries not to stare at her whenever they crossed path or when they were eating lunch at the cafeteria which didn't go unnoticed by Jimin's friends too.

 

 

... 

 

 

"How many times I've told you that I don't want to go?"

"Zero."

Minjeong glared at Ningning but she just laughed at her. 

"Come on. They are all waiting outside already. I'm here to convince you to come with us to the party."

"But I'm not in the mood, Ningie."

"I know but this is your chance to have fun and forget about everything. Come on, it's going to be fun!"

Minjeong sighs and let Ningning grabbed some of her outfit from her closet.

"Now go change, we'll be waiting for you."

"Fine."

So Minjeong ended up joining her friends going to the party at Yeji's house. She came with the thought of just want to get a few drinks and enjoy before going home after that. Just after 5 minutes, her friends were all gone to- well, she doesn't know where.

Minjeong was about to just take a seat on the couch when she saw Jaehyun not far from her and have been staring at Jimin who she just noticed too, standing near the kitchen talking to Yuna.

"Great. I'm only going to get my heart broken again." Minjeong mumbled to herself.

Then she decides to just go outside where there will be less noise and less people. She hugs herself once the cold wind hits her skin and smiles seeing there's a swimming pool. She squats down near the pool and plays with the water. She giggled feeling the cold pool water.

"I miss mom and dad now." She whispered and pouted.

"Should I jump in so I can make an excuse to leave right away?" Minjeong asked herself then grinned.

"Think I should!"

Minjeong then stands up and closed her eyes, turning around so her back will hit the water first. However, just when she's about to let herself fall into the pool, she felt someone grabbed her wrist causing her to open her eyes.

Her eyes widened when she saw Jimin in front of her, trying to stop her from falling.

"J-Jimin. Just let me fall." Minjeong stuttered.

"Do you really want to leave that bad?"

"Huh?"

"Then I'll leave with you and..." Jimin paused before she pulled Minjeong strongly, making their body to collide against each other.

Jimin swiftly moves her other hand to hug Minjeong's waist firmly while she let go of Minjeong's wrist and holds Minjeong's back head.

"I'll fall with you." Jimin whispered as she smirked, staring deeply into Minjeong's eyes before she make them both fall into the pool.

Minjeong coughed and rubbed her face as soon as she emerged from the pool.

What had just happened?! 

When she tries to blink her eyes to see clearly, Jimin's hands already holding her waist and brings her closer to the edge. 

"You okay?" Jimin asked her while fixing her wet hair for her.

"Y-Yeah."

"Shall we leave now that we have the excuses of being wet for falling into the pool?" Jimin asked.

"Uhh..." Minjeong cleared and just looks at Jimin.

Jimin then lifts herself up from the pool and got out before reaching out her hand to Minjeong.

"Come on, let me help you up."

"Oh."

Minjeong took her hand and let Jimin pulled her out of the pool. She almost lose her balance if not for Jimin's protective hands holding her securely.

"Follow me."

Minjeong was still confused of what's happening but she lets herself being dragged by Jimin. Jimin brought her to one of the guest room.

"We often have a sleepover here so I leave some of my stuff. Here, you can change into this." Jimin said, giving her dry clothes before pushing her to the bathroom to change.

When Minjeong's done changing, Jimin has already changed too and she offered to send her home with an excuse of worrying about her safety and she doesn't feel like staying at the party too. The ride was not awkward, but it was silent. Jimin says nothing and Minjeong only looked at the outside.

"Thanks umm, for lending me your clothes. I'll wash them right away and give you back tomorrow." Minjeong said, already getting out of Jimin's car.

Jimin followed her and insisted to walk her to the door.

"Do you still like me, Minjeong?" Jimin asked boldly. Minjeong was taken aback by the sudden question from her. 

"W-What?" Minjeong chuckled nervously.

"I asked, do you still like me, Kim Minjeong?" Jimin asked, this time she sounds even more serious.

"I..." Minjeong then remembered about Jaehyun.

Oh. Maybe this is where she will ask me to stop and forget about her? Sigh.

"Don't worry. I won't bother you anymore an-"

"Why?" Jimin frowned causing Minjeong to frown too.

What does she meant by why??

"Uh, well, I know my place. I can see that Jaehyun is a good person too and you-"

"Hold on. Stop right there." Jimin raised her hand and cleared .

"Why were you talking about Jaehyun suddenly?" Jimin asked.

"Aren't you going to tell me to stop courting you because you like Jaehyun?" Minjeong asked back.

"I like Jaehyun?"

"Yeah."

"Who told you that?" Jimin asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"Well... Last time, I saw you and him talk and... you accepted his drinks and thanked him-"

"And just with what you saw at that time, you thought I like him?" Jimin asked, cutting her off.

"You never reacted that way to me so I assumed that he's getting your attention."

Jimin sighed and rubbed her temple. 

So what Ning and Aeri told me was true.

"Is that the reason why you stopped coming to see me?"

"That... Yeah." Minjeong mumbled quietly and looked down on her feet.

"Fine, you can stop then."

"Okay."

"But Minjeong..." Jimin stepped closer, making Minjeong to move backwards until her back hit the door behind her.

"Don't ever run away from me or hide. Do you understand?" Minjeong only nodded her head slowly.

"And I have one thing that I want you to do." Jimin said.

"Keep looking at me. Don't look at anyone else. Just look at me."

Minjeong tilted her head, confused with Jimin's request.

"And this time... I'll make sure you'll see, that I am looking at you too."

Wait what-

Minjeong couldn't process what Jimin has just said when Jimin suddenly gave a soft kiss on her forehead before telling her to get in. Minjeong couldn't even remember how did she managed to get inside while being still in dazed after Jimin's kiss. 

Did Yoo Jimin just kiss me?! 

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Hello everyone. Here's another random Winrina one shot for you. My mind absolutely went blank too after writing everything. So I stopped right there and then. Will there be a sequel? Not sure, no plan, no idea. We'll wait and see. 

Enjoy, my lovely readers! 

xx