I'm In Love With A Criminal - Part 1

Winrina = Jiminjeong

Karina kept her cold face as she stares at the two men in front of her kneeling while begging her to spare their lives. Karina was playing with her wine glass as she looked away from the crying men, she hummed softly before she took a sip. She closed her eyes, feeling the breeze and focus on the sound of the ocean. Yes, they are now in the middle of the ocean, boarding her private yacht.

 

 

"Karina Yoo."

"Mhm, make sure to remember my name. You worked hard to find it out." Karina smirked.

"Karina..."

"Yes, that's my-"

"Be mine."

"Pardon?"

No one was expecting that. At all. Not even Karina. Her smirk slowly disappeared from her face as she scanned Minjeong's awestruck's face. She frowned before she glanced at Jeno who looked surprised.

"Jeno."

"Yes, boss?"

"Are you sure she is that detective, not someone pretending to be her or use her face or anyone else?" Karina asked.

"Yes, she is the one."

Karina then looked back at Minjeong who blinked innocently at her. Karina scoffed before she got up from the chair to approach her on the floor. Karina knelt on one knee, using her forefinger to raise Minjeong's chin to look at her properly. She ignored the way Minjeong gulped nervously for her and squinted her eyes.

"Detective Kim."

"Ma'am." Minjeong replied firmly, willingly.

"Huh." Karina clicked her tongue before put down her finger and stood up.

"Bring her and heal her wound." Karina commanded. 

"Do not touch her unless I say so. I need her to be in her right mind when I talk to her again." Karina said again.

"Yes, boss!"

Karina put on her sunglasses again and gestured that she's leaving. Minjeong watches her walked back towards her car and left the place without waiting for the others.

 

 

Karina smashed her wine glass in front of the two men who were crying nonstop, still begging for her mercy.

"Shut up or I'll cut off your throat." Karina warned and the stopped right away, still whimpering lowly.

Karina sighed heavily and ed her first two buttons before standing up. She slides her fingers in her hair as she tried to calm herself down. She was mad, really mad. Jeno told her that Minjeong was doing nothing to try and escape. She was even willing to follow every command from them. Minjeong looked so calm, too calm for her liking.

Karina does not know if it was one of the detective's ways to distract them or deceive them, but she knows that she has to be careful. Minjeong is detective Kim, she's known for being smart and was feared by almost everyone for her bravery and her power that she held within The National Police Organization. Karina has always observed her from afar, Minjeong was the only detective who managed to come this close.

That's why, she decided to do something before Minjeong beats her and caught her first.

"Sigh." Karina shakes her head. 

She glared at the two men, they were useless and almost gave Minjeong's team a way to get to them. Yes, the whole organization is in chaos now after Karina had captured their beloved detective. Karina was really surprised with the amount of effort was put to find Minjeong, but it entertains her to fool those policemen more.

"Get rid of these men, and make sure no one can find them." Karina said and turned around to leave that area, ignoring the screaming and shouting from the men.

Karina gets inside and made a phone call.

"Jeno. How is detective Kim doing?"

"She's doing great and still in a good shape."

"Do you think she's ready to speak?"

"She is."

"Hm. What is she doing now?"

"She's working out, boss."

Karina raised her eyebrows at that. She asked Jeno to take a picture and send it to her after hanging up. She looked at the picture. Minjeong is, indeed working out. She's using the chest press machine. Karina checked her out through the picture and noticed her toned abs.

"Hmm, you are intriguing, but I'm not going to fall for your trap."

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Jeno watched Minjeong in curiosity while working out next to her. Karina warned them not to touch or hurt her, only to make sure Minjeong is back in a good state. Karina wanted to speak to her next time, with Minjeong being sober. So, even though they held her hostage, they still gave comfort to her. A nice room for her to sleep in, delicious food and let her use the gym under their supervision.

"Whatever you're planning, it's not going to work." Jeno suddenly said and put down the dumbbell.

"Well, do you know what is it that I'm planning?" Minjeong asked, eyes focusing on the front instead of looking at Jeno.

"I don't, but I'm telling you, whatever it is, you're not going to succeed." Jeno told her.

Minjeong chuckled and stopped working out. She sat up straight to grab the small towel nearby to wipe off her sweat. She turned to look at Jeno's serious face.

"You only know detective Kim, and you may look down on her. However, Jeno..." Minjeong stepped closer and put her palm on his chest, moving slowly towards his shoulder and then to his upper arm. Minjeong smiled widely at him when he started to frown. She then stepped forward and tiptoe a little until her cheek almost touches his.

"You haven't seen the real me yet. I... am not your dearest detective anymore. I am Kim Minjeong. Whatever I want, I will get it." Minjeong whispered into his ear.

Jeno gritted his teeth when Minjeong giggled. 

"Tell your boss, I am more than ready to meet her again now." Minjeong said.

Unknown to them, Karina's loyal right man was peeking from the outside and saw the whole interaction.

"Hello, boss. I have something to report."

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

4 months later...

 

 

The grand ballroom was filled with influential businessmen and businesswomen, there were some important figures from some official organizations as well. Minjeong was sipping on her drinks silently as she observed some figures that she knows well from upstairs. She has not gone down yet to meet anyone as she was waiting for a certain someone to enter.

"Hey, detective Kim, looking good tonight huh."

Minjeong glanced at her right and saw a smiling Soobin, the new promising detective who was leading the team in the searching operation for her when Karina caught her months ago.

"Soobin, may I remind you that we are not at work right now?"

"Oh, my bad. I'm sorry, Kim Minjeong. Sometimes I forgot that you're the youngest heiress of the Kim." Soobin winked.

Minjeong ignored him and continued to observe people downstairs. Soobin have been trying to get on her good side ever since she was being rescued. Minjeong rejected him many times when he tried to make a move on her, but he is very persistent so Minjeong just let him be without entertaining him.

Just then, Minjeong's eyes caught a familiar figure. A very familiar one. The one that she has been waiting for all along.

"And when I-" Soobin got cut off when Minjeong pushed the drinks against his chest while he got panic and quickly grabbed the glass before checking his suit.

"Minjeong?" He tried to call her, but Minjeong does not listen to anything else anymore.

Minjeong execute her sultry look and being luscious as many heads turn for her, including Karina Yoo, who have just arrived.

When Karina's eyes met her, Minjeong sighed to herself. There goes her heart skipping many beats for the most wanted criminal. She knows that it's wrong and she shouldn't harbour any feelings for the woman, but Minjeong, she just can't help it. 

Minjeong cursed in her head when she finally sees Karina's signature and deadly smirk.

Karina hid her real identity under her perfect disguise as Katarina, the CEO of Ae Group, an international investment company. So, no one knows what else she had really done for a living. Her identity as Katarina have always been kept private, she has only attended a private event, away from media and reporters. Just like tonight's private event. Those who dare to expose her to the public eyes, would face a consequence. That's why, Minjeong have never met her before.

Karina made everyone believe that she values her private life, when she was actually trying to protect herself from the possibility of getting exposed as the leader of the most wanted underworld gang. 

They both walked towards each other's direction, but pretending to be looking the other way. When they're near, Karina sneakily reached for Minjeong's hand and gave a few taps using her knuckles on Minjeong's hand which gave Minjeong a goosebump even with the slight and quick touch from Karina.

"Katarina! You came!" 

"Mr Cho, it's good to see you again." 

Minjeong glanced over her shoulder and bit her bottom lip seeing Karina being her charismatic self as she conversed with the old man. 

Minjeong then raised up her hand, rubbing her forefinger under her nose and hide her smile behind her hand when she could smell Karina's scent from her skin. 

"Minjeong ah!" 

Minjeong looked up at Soobin who ran lightly towards her. 

"Why didn't you wait for me?" 

"Go meet some people, Soobin." Minjeong rolled her eyes. 

"Nah. They are all boring." Soobin said and stands close next to her. 

"So, do you plan on leaving the event early? I can suggest you a good place to kill the time." Soobin offered. 

"Even if I leave early, I don't want to go anywhere else." Minjeong replied. 

"Really? It's good to have some fun too you know." 

Soobin was about to put his hand behind Minjeong's back when he felt someone just bumped onto his shoulder. 

"Sorry." 

Minjeong raised her eyebrows, it was Karina's right hand, Johnny. 

"No worries." Soobin smiled at him. 

Johnny then glanced at Minjeong, bowing his head before walking away. 

"He seems cold." Soobin mumbled. 

 

 

...

 

 

Minjeong closed the door as she exited from the ballroom, she turned her head to the left and right, trying to see if there was anyone else in the hallway before she finally starts walking further in. Once she found the restroom, she waited for a while and checked if there were anyone nearby. After making sure that it's safe, she entered and locked the door.

Inside, her eyes found Karina standing against the other end of the wall, crossing her arms and feet. For a few seconds, the two of them did not say anything except for just staring at each other. One was staring with all the chaos happening inside her heart, while the other one was staring in amazement.

"I'm surprised that you kept your words." Karina finally speaks.

"I told you, I will earn your trust." Minjeong replied firmly.

"Well, you're getting there." Karina then pushed her off against the wall.

Karina sauntered towards Minjeong who stayed still on her spot. Humming deeply as she scanned Minjeong's face, she cupped her chin gently and leaned her face closer causing Minjeong to hitch a breathe. Karina smirked and her eyes twinkle in wonder. Oh, she knows the effect she got on Minjeong, and she loves it. She's making sure that she uses her advantage of having the detective wrapped around her fingers.

"Stick to your words, then maybe I'll consider your sweet proposal." Karina whispered.

Karina then teased Minjeong by rubbing her nose softly against her cheek, she chuckled lowly when she looks down on Minjeong's clenched fist.

"This is what you have to deal with, when you're in love with a criminal- wait, a hot criminal. I'm the villain in this story, detective. You're taking a dangerous path here. So, let me ask you again, are you sure you want to be with me?" Karina asked as she pulled back to look at Minjeong properly.

"I've never wanted anything so bad in my life. You can ask me again and again, my answer would always be the same." Minjeong told her.

Karina hummed and nodded her head. 

"Okay. We'll meet again in a month." Karina said then walked past her to get to the door.

Before she went out, she glanced back at Minjeong.

"Thank you, for keeping my identity still a secret. I was actually prepared if somehow you decided to change your mind and bring your whole team to catch me. Well, until next time, detective Kim." Karina smirked.

Minjeong let out a shaky and heavy sigh once Karina left. She had to support herself by putting her palm against the wall, put her forehead on it and groaned in frustration.

"A month- oh god, I have to wait that long to see her again???"

"Just wait, Karina. You won't be calling me detective Kim anymore, but yours. I'll make you mine, my villain." Minjeong said to herself with a determination.

But, when she remembered how she was not able to function well again when she's having Karina close to her, she groaned and scolded herself.

"Stupid, how would you make her fall for you if you can't even make a single move!"