Me or Her (Final Sequel)

Winrina = Jiminjeong

Ryujin was just happily walking after buying some snacks for Minjeong when she almost passed by a  convenience store, she stopped at once when she saw Yeji's eating ramen alone with her upset face sobshe decided to go to her. 

"Hey, are you okay?"

Yeji stiffened. Then looked up on her right.

"Ryu?"

"Can I sit here?" Ryujin asked.

"Yeah." Yeji sniffed and wiped her lips before eating again.

"You look upset. What happened?" Ryujin asked again.

"Fight. Jimin." Yeji answered shortly as she's still busy eating.

"Ah. I see."

Ryujin doesn't ask anymore and only sits beside her while playing phone.

"Did Minjeong... Move on?" Yeji asked. Ryujin looked at her before sighing.

"No."

"Jimin thought you like her."

"I do."

Yeji gasped and looked at Ryujin in disbelief.

"What what?" Ryujin asked.

"You said you like me and now you like her?"

Ryujin then laughed at Yeji.

"You're playing hard to get so I go to her instead." Ryujin lied only to see Yeji's funny reaction.

"Okay, kidding. I like Minjeong, as a friend. That's it. And I told you already, she needs someone. That's why I help her." Ryujin said.

Yeji sighed and nodded her head. 

"What about you? I heard from Minjeong that you suddenly talked to her for the first time."

"I just- I feel bad for her. About what Jimin did." Yeji said.

"Well, don't be. Minjeong doesn't like to be pitied. But if you genuinely want to be her friend, she will welcome you for sure." Ryujin told her.

"You seems to know alot more about her now."

"I am. I've been spending time with her and get to know her. Ah, I should've come to be her friend from the start. She wouldn't suffered for so long if I was there early." Ryujin sighed regrettably.

"Hey, it's alright. Now she's fine. We just need to be there for her from now on then. So she won't suffer anymore."

"We?"

"Yes. I'm also her friend now."

"Oh. Right."

"Do you think she will take Jimin back if Jimin want her again?" Yeji asked once she remembered about Jimin.

Ryujin frowned and shook her head.

"Not sure but hope not. At least, not if Jimin is still an idiot."

"True."

"Oh. Do you want to come to my place? Maybe watch movies and chill with me and Minjeong?" Ryujin asked.

"Uh, can I?"

"Of course! The more the merrier. So she won't feel lonely. Come on."

"Okay."

"Great. I'll call Ning over too." Ryujin then took out her phone to call her.

"I thought you don't like her."

"I lied. I like to annoy her, that's all. She gets angry so easily when I provoke her." Ryujin laughed.

 

 

... 

 

 

"Dumb, this isn't how you do it. You're going to fall."

"Says the dumber who doesn't even know how to ride a bicycle."

"Call me dumber once again and I'll push you into the lake."

"Oooohhh. I'm scared right now."

"Oh. You should be."

Minjeong sighed, shaking her head at Ryujin's and Ning's never ending bickering. For all the time they were together, not once that the two were civil with each other but Minjeong knows they don't hate each other.

"Minjeong!"

"Oh. Yeji ah. You're finally here."

Minjeong smiled and patted the space beside her. Yeji grinned and sits down next to her.

"Who's idea is it? To have a picnic here?" Yeji asked.

"Ryujin. She said we shouldn't waste our weekend staying at home all the time. I didn't want to go at first but she called Ning to drag me out." Minjeong shrugged.

"They can't stand each other but they still can tag team to get what they want. Weird, right?"

"Yeah but it's fun to see them sometimes." Minjeong giggled.

Yeji blinked and stares at Minjeong's face. Minjeong talks more lately. Her blank face was replaced with a small smile already now. Yeji's glad that she's slowly recovering from what she had been through.

"If it makes you happy then I'm sure they will never stop their childish war." Yeji said.

"Eh?"

"Trust me. Those two care alot about you." Yeji smiled.

"Well, me too." She added.

"Ah. Thank you." Minjeong blushed, still not used to them being caring for her.

They both then looked at Ryujin and Ning who were struggling with the bicycle. They laughed when a kid suddenly came to show them how to do it and teach them instead. Ryujin and Ning looks like two cute students who listened well to their teacher, who was just a kid.

 

 

... 

 

 

It took Yeji 2 weeks to get closer to Minjeong and since then, she had been joining Ryujin and Ning to always eat with Minjeong for lunch. Well, she preferred to be with them instead.

"Jimin's looking at us like we did a crime. Yeji, is it really okay that you're here?" Ning asked.

"Let her be. Don't mind her." Ryujin said.

"Yeah. Don't mind her, Ning. I'm my own person, I can eat with anyone." Yeji said.

"Okay."

"But are you in good terms with her already?" Ryujin asked Yeji.

"Yeah but we're not that close anymore. I still don't like her with Minju. I don't like Minju." Yeji frowned.

"Why does it sound like you're the ex girlfriend." Ryujin teased.

"Well, do you like Minju?"

"No. She's annoying."

"Exactly."

Minjeong chuckled after listening to everything.

"That's funny to you?" Ryujin asked.

"Yeah. You teased Yeji when she said she doesn't like Minju but then you're the same." Minjeong replied.

"Right, Minjeong?" Yeji then shared a high five with her.

"Hmph." Ryujin pouted.

"Anyway, what's between you two? Don't even deny it because I can see it." Ning asked them and Minjeong looks confused.

"Oh. I like Yeji but she doesn't like me. I tried to court her but she plays hard to get. Then I got busy with Minjeong, then suddenly she's jealous-"

"I am not jealous. I'm just surprised that you're suddenly close with her."

"As I was saying, now Yeji wants me."

"Who says?"

"Me."

"No wonder because I never say so."

"Yeah but you want me."

"No, I don't."

"I told you to stop playing hard to get."

"I'm not."

"Really? If you're not, then be my girlfriend now."

"Okay, fine."

Ning's jaw dropped while Minjeong suddenly was choking so all three of them gave her water. Minjeong took Ning's one. Then Ryujin went over to rub her back while Yeji fan Minjeong's red face using her hand.

"You okay, Jeongie?"

"Yah, eat slowly."

"Careful, Minjeong."

Minjeong stopped coughing and smiled sweetly at them.

"Thank you." Minjeong thanked them.

She suddenly felt her eyes grew hot and watery, she's touched now to have not just Ning but Ryujin and Yeji being there for her and takes care of her like she's one of their family. She had longed for that kind of affection, she never get to feel being loved properly after her mother had passed away.

"But wait, so you two are girlfriends now?" Ning asked in disbelief.

"Yes! And she can't take her words back. But sorry, girlfriend, Minjeong will always be my favourite roommate." Ryujin teased while Yeji rolled her eyes.

"I would steal Minjeong to be my roommate if you don't stop."

"Hey! You can't do that."

"Oh, I can."

Minjeong laughed at their silly banter and Ning watches in amusement. It's normal to see Ryujin being like that but not Yeji. So it's a new sight for her.

 

 

... 

 

 

Jimin have witnessed how Yeji is slowly distancing herself from their squad. She doesn't spend time with them anymore. She always rejected their offer to hang out. She only stayed for the practice then left without waiting for them. 

They still talk, occasionally. But Jimin knows, Yeji weren't like before anymore. 

"Yeji now have a new group of friends huh." Said one of the dance members.

Jimin glanced at the laughing Yeji and Minjeong, while Ryujin and Ning were fighting over some food.

"Let her. We're good." Minju said.

"Of course, all you care is just Jimin." They teased Minju and Minju only blushed and hide her face on Jimin's shoulder.

"Minju." Jimin tried to push Minju away.

"Why?" Minju pouted and Jimin only looked at her.

If it was before, Jimin would be having the butterflies but now, she wants nothing but for Minju to stop being clingy to her. She can't stand it but she can't say it to her.

"When will you two finally go out officially?" Asked one of the members again.

"Can you guys just-" Jimin stands up and sighed.

"Mind your own business." Jimin said.

"Where are you going?" Minju asked and holds Jimin's wrist.

"Somewhere." Jimin pulled her wrist from her.

"Okay, I'll follow-"

"No. Leave me alone, please?" Jimin pleaded then left the cafeteria.

Jimin went to the rooftop to take a fresh air. She ruffled her hair frustratingly and shouted her lungs out.

"What's wrong with me? Why am I not happy? I have Minju waiting for me but-"

Jimin then sits on one of the old bench that was on the rooftop. She proceed to lay down with her arm covering her eyes.

She opened her eyes when heard the sound of the door. She sits up and was surprised to see a surprised Minjeong.

"Wait! Minjeong." Jimin quickly get up to stop Minjeong from leaving when she turned to leave.

"I- we- Can I talk to you?" Jimin asked, standing in front of her already.

"About?" Minjeong asked softly.

"Uhh. Well..." Jimin gulped. What does she want to talk about? She doesn't know how to start.

"I'm- I'm sorry." Jimin apologised first.

"If this is about before, you're forgiven already." Minjeong said then was about to leave again when Jimin grabbed her hand this time.

"Minjeong, are you- are you happy?" Jimin asked.

"I am."

"Really?"

"Yes."

Jimin stepped forward and observed Minjeong's face. Her soft features, her pretty eyes, oh Jimin misses all about her.

"Minjeong ah. I'm-" Jimin sighed.

"I think-"

"Jimin." Minjeong interrupted her.

"I have to go." She said.

"No. Minjeong, I-"

"Jimin. Please don't say anything."

"W-What?"

Minjeong slowly pulled Jimin's hand off from her.

"I'm okay with what I have now, Jimin. I'm trying to live, I'm trying to love myself. It's what I need the most now, Jimin. To love myself."

"What do you mean?"

"I accepted that you fall out of love with me. I was hurt but, I realised that it's important for me to love myself now instead of thinking about... Anything else."

"I didn't- I don't think I... Minjeong, what if... What if I still-"

"You don't." Minjeong chuckled sadly.

"There's Minju, Jimin. You wouldn't fall for someone else if I have your whole heart."

"But-"

"Don't deny it, Jimin."

"No. But I can't forget about you. I still-"

Minjeong covered Jimin's mouth with her palm. 

"I told you to not say it, Jimin. Please." Minjeong whispered.

"You're confused, Jimin. You used to have things going like how you want it. But sometimes, Jimin, life put a twist on human. You have to learn that about life too, Jimin. That you can't always get what you really want. And I'm learning about that too." Minjeong said as she removed her palm. 

"Regardless of what happened between us, I still wish you well." Minjeong added.

"You don't want me back?"

"If you're asking me that now, then no. I don't. Like I said, I'm okay with what I only have now."

"Are you leaving me?" Jimin asked when Minjeong opened the door.

"You left me first, Jimin. Please don't forget."

"Minjeong, please." Jimin tried to stop her again.

Minjeong only glanced back at her with a small smile on her face.

"Minjeong ah."

"I'm letting go, Jimin. You should too."

And as soon as Minjeong closed the door, Jimin dropped on her knees as she burst into tears. She just finally feel it, her frustration and her regrets.

"I... I'm so sorry." She cried into her palms. Her heart is broken. She just finally realised that what she felt for Minju was nothing compared to Minjeong. She realised it too late. Too late.

While behind the door, Minjeong listened to Jimin's cry. She still love the girl. She still miss her. But she's not strong enough to take her back, not when her wounded heart was still full of scars. She couldn't get hurt again, she couldn't risk it. So this time, she choose herself.

"Minjeongie."

Minjeong looks at Ryujin who were few steps down the stairs. Since when? Has she been there this whole time?

"I heard everything." Ryujin told her.

"I'm always here for you, Jeongie."

Minjeong then slowly stepped down to get to her. Ryujin smiled and fixed her hair. Minjeong leaned on her and hugged her, closing her eyes.

"Ryujin, I'm really tired."

"I know. Rest on me, even if it'll only take your pain for a while, just rest on me."

Minjeong wanted to cry but she had cried enough already. Now, she just need some warmth and comfort which Ryujin, Ning and Yeji have always been giving her. Her love for Jimin is still the same but that doesn't mean she will take her back. Minjeong has a lot of scars. She wants to understand herself better, to love herself better. That's her priority now. So even if it's hard, she still let go. She still let Jimin go. Because it's the only right thing to do.

"Do you want to go home?" Ryujin asked her gently, hand caressing her hair.

"What about your class?"

"You're more important."

Minjeong smiled and hugged Ryujin tighter. Ryujin, her life saviour. She's grateful to have Ryujin coming into her life when she was at her downfall. She's thankful too that Yeji understands her, even Yeji was the one who reminds Ryujin to never not be there for Minjeong when she or Ning can't be there for her.

"Can I have all three of you with me back at home too?"

"Of course."

"Then okay, let's go home."

Home. Minjeong just need to go home now. Where she can feel at ease.

 

 

 

 

The end :')

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

So, this is the final ending.

To me, for someone who's broken and in pain like Minjeong in this story, it's better that she stays single and heals herself first. After all, moving on isn't easy especially if you have loved too much. But yes, she's not alone. Can't let her be alone. So I send Ryujin, Yeji and Ning to be such a sweet and lovely friends to baby Minjeong because she deserves it.

Enjoy the update!

 

 

xx