I'm In Love With A Criminal - Part 11

Winrina = Jiminjeong

Karina was cooking in the kitchen when Minjeong finally awake. Minjeong went to wash up before going down to find Karina. She bit her lip as a shy smile appeared on her face when she remembered that Karina showed her love last night again. 

"You're up."

Minjeong got startled and stood up straight immediately. Karina raised her eyebrows, but said nothing. She simply gestured Minjeong to come closer, which she obeyed. Karina hummed and kissed her temple softly.

"You wash up?"

"Yeah."

"No wonder, you smell like me." Karina smirked and grabbed Minjeong's chin before kissing her lips passionately.

"I cooked you breakfast. Hungry?" Karina asked after pulling away.

"You can cook."

"I can."

"Wow."

Karina chuckled and pulled Minjeong with her. She made Minjeong sit while she prepared her plate and drinks.

"I like to cook for myself when I have a free time. I enjoy my alone time, it's rare and I shall take advantage of it every time." Karina said.

"Oh." Minjeong pouted, and Karina kind of figured out what was she thinking.

"But I can get used to have you around me often now. I like having you here with me." Karina told her and Minjeong's face brightened up hearing that.

"Eat." Karina said as she put the pancake on Minjeong's plate. 

She sat down in front of her and intertwined her fingers before resting her chin on them. She smiled watching Minjeong's expressive face as she tasted the food that she made for her.

"This is really good." Minjeong praised.

"I know." Karina winked when Minjeong looked at her. Minjeong only smiled before looking down, trying to hide her blushing face with her long hair.

Karina got up and went beside her to grab her hair, Minjeong looked up at her and Karina leaned down to kiss her lips. Karina pulled off the hairtie that Minjeong wear on her wrist to tie her hair for her.

"Just eat, I'll take care of you." Karina said.

"Are you... Is this really your first time?" Minjeong asked slowly.

"What?"

"This, being in a relationship?"

"Yes." Karina caressed Minjeong's ponytail before sitting down again.

"Why do you ask?" Karina asked.

"You- You are being attentive and sweet, it's like you've done this." Minjeong said hesitantly.

"Hmm. You don't like it?"

"No! Ye- I mean, I like it. I really love it. You're nice." Minjeong said shyly.

"You are my first girlfriend, Kim Minjeong." Karina stated again.

"Yeah." Minjeong smiled and looked down at her plate.

"And I intend to make you my last as well." Karina said casually which made Minjeong to choke on her food, so Karina pushed the glass of water for her to drink. Minjeong took it and drinks first before patting her chest.

"And I should be your one and only lover, no one else after me." Karina added.

Minjeong slowly lifted up her head, Karina was giving her a deep stare that Minjeong shivered as she could feel how intense Karina's staring was.

"Yes." Minjeong whispered.

"You may see me as someone nice. Well, I can be nice, sweet and all that you've got so far from me. But, Minjeong, try and break my heart, you'll see the side of me you wishes you never see."

Karina stood up and went towards Minjeong again, she pulled her up and wrapped her arm around her waist.

"New rules, I don't opt for a break up." Karina said and grabbed her jaw.

"But I do kill." She whispered dangerously.

"I give my heart to you, and you are responsible for it now." Karina told her.

"I won't give you a reason to kill me. Ever." Minjeong replied, she held Karina's side tightly and pulled her closer.

"Now that you're mine, be crazy for me, Karina. I want you to be. After all, it's my dream to make you crazy in love with me, that you won't ever think you can live without me." Minjeong said.

"What a dream. I guess, you've really made up your mind." Karina chuckled then kissed her hard.

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

"I can't believe that he's dead. He was the only detective who went on an undercover mission for so long."

"He was good. It's too bad, we lost a good one."

"I don't think he would not survive if it was not the Black Mamba."

"But think of it, he had been lurking around Black Mamba for so long. Do you guys think he managed to slip some information in regards to the leader to our organization?"

"Not sure, but we are still far behind to catch the leader. Even Detective Kim has failed last time."

Minjeong ignored the stares she was getting and her name being mentioned as she walked past the hallways to get to the elevator. She kept her eyes on the file she was reading before going inside the elevator. Once inside, she closed the file and scoffed.

"I never fail any mission, unless if I do it on purpose." Minjeong whispered to herself.

Minjeong went to her team's office room to brief them about the recent case that was being handed over to them when she saw Soobin was there.

"Detective Choi, to what do we owe you here?" Minjeong asked.

Soobin turned his whole body to face her, Minjeong glanced at her team who looked confused.

"Detective Kim, I need every single bit of information you have about Black Mamba, especially about the leader. You were so close to catching her, right? That's why you were gone for a while during the mission."

Minjeong observed Soobin's face. He looked distracted and down.

"It's a command from our higher up. They asked me to get the information you had obtained before." Soobin said seriously.

"I don't have any."

"What?"

"I never write a report about it. I went out, spying on some of the Black Mamba men, tried my luck to ambush their operation to get to the leader. Well, as you all had known already, I obviously failed as I got caught by them before I get to catch the boss."

"Then, give me a place. Where do you start? I will continue from there. The men, you know them, how do you identify them?" Soobin asked.

"I'll send you the location. As for the men, I just trust my gut feelings last time. I didn't expect that I would really meet the real members of Black Mamba, not their hired fake ones or the lower ranking ones. To be honest, they all looked almost the same."

"Then, it is true that they are good at being in disguise." Soobin muttered and sighed.

Minjeong glanced at Ning who was chewing a gum silently before looking back at Soobin.

"Is there anything that we could help?" Minjeong asked.

"No, that's all. Thank you for your time." Soobin finally smiled at her.

"But, did they hurt you too?" Soobin asked.

"What?"

"When they caught you, did they torture you?" Soobin asked. Minjeong remembered how respectful all of Karina's men were towards her except for Jeno and the two men who were always with him.

"Nothing I couldn't handle. Just a few threats and all." Minjeong answered.

"I'm glad. I guess, Jeno really met the leader already to be killed brutally." Soobin said sadly.

"I didn't know he was your partner, I'm sorry for your loss." Minjeong found out that Jeno used to train together with Soobin, they were close friends and used to be partners in the same team, just like her and Ning.

Soobin was then put in charge to lead a team just like Minjeong, but Jeno was deployed to be an undercover and helped in getting information about Black Mamba's leader for the organization. It turned out Jeno wasn't in the same team as Soobin, Jeno worked directly with the higher ups, but Soobin was told to be on standby if anything happens to Jeno. So, Soobin and his team was actually Jeno's secret back up to cover him. Their higher up only decided to give the case to Minjeong when they still got nothing from Jeno.

"Yeah, I'm going to find the leader and make them pay for killing Jeno." Soobin said.

"Wish me luck, will you?" Soobin asked and pouted slightly.

"Be safe." Minjeong said and nodded firmly at him.

"I will." Soobin smiled then sighed. He apologised to everyone for barging in before leaving.

Minjeong looked over her shoulder until he left, and went to lock the door. She glanced at Ning again, this time Ning paid attention to her and smiled. She saw a notification on Ning's phone screen that says "Message is received."

"All this time, I thought Jeno really resigned." Ten said.

"Nah, I don't believe the rumours to be honest. Because, he is always serious about this job." Taeyong said.

"Let's get back to work, guys. I need to be at somewhere after this." Minjeong said, grabbing their full attention.

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Karina looked through her ipad's screen as the car keeps moving. Her legs were crossed, her hands holding the ipad on her lap and she listened to Johnny talking to Renjun, Johnny's assistant who just got recovered after being badly injured for three months.

Karina continued focusing on the screen, watching with amusement seeing her lover fought with a small street gang for hurting the elderly who were selling bread there. Karina raised her eyebrows when she saw Minjeong sneak a glance towards the camera's direction, but paid no mind to it. Karina chuckled and shook her head.

"He's doing a bad job, Johnny." Karina said again.

"Boss?"

"I think he just got played. Minjeong seemed to know about his presence. He should leave now." Karina smiled, proud of her girlfriend's sharp eyes.

"Are you going to tell her, boss?"

"Nah, she'll find out herself. I know she will." Karina smiled.

"I'll call him soon."

 

 

...

 

 

Minjeong laughed when the elderly kept hugging her and thanked her for helping her earlier.

"Don't worry. Next time, you can just call me, okay? I'll kick their for you." Minjeong winked when the elderly laughed.

"I'll make sure to remember your number." She said as she looked at Minjeong's contact number like some kind of a treasure.

"That would be great. I'll be just one call away." Minjeong smiled and hugged her before excusing herself.

Minjeong walked a little faster and turned to enter the empty alley, she went further in and stopped as she took out her gun. She clicked her tongue and humming softly before suddenly running to the right, following a man who tried to get away after realising that Minjeong noticed his presence.

Minjeong managed to corner him at the next dark alley and shouted for him to stop, raising her gun on him.

"Show yourself, or I will shoot you." Minjeong said with a steady and stern voice.

The masked guy raised his hands along with the camera he was holding.

"For whom were you recording me for?" Minjeong asked.

"Who exactly are you, Mark Lee?" Minjeong asked another question without waiting for Mark's response. Minjeong kept her eyes on Mark's every move and smirked when Mark widened his eyes after Minjeong said his name.

"You- You know it's me?!" Mark asked in shocked and pulled down his mask.

"You're such a lousy spy." Minjeong criticized him.

"Well, not my fault, when I don't do a real job often. My skills tend to get rusty when I don't do anything. And- Could you uh, please stop pointing the gun at me?"

Minjeong sighed and finally put back her gun inside her jacket's inner pocket. She walked towards Mark, ignoring his blabbering mouth and snatched the phone from him.

"Wait- No-" Mark struggled when Minjeong twisted his arm and elbowed his cheek slightly causing him to wince and backed away, letting Minjeong pulled out his earphone too.

"Speak to me directly instead, whoever you are." Minjeong said. She was about to say something else when she heard the deep voice she's familiar with.

"Hi, Kim Minjeong."

"Karina?" Minjeong whispered her name.

"Yours." Minjeong blushed but cleared quickly.

"Uh, why are you-" Minjeong paused to look at Mark who already stood up straight beside her.

"Well, let me introduce who Mark really is. He is my second undercover after Ning. He's Johnny's partner. Treat him well, he has been whining about the lack of task given to him." Minjeong tried to hold herself from squealing when she heard Karina's low chuckles.

"And I agreed with you, he is indeed a lousy spy. No worries though, he will be doing a lot of things from now on, so his skills will be back naturally for sure."

"Is there... Anyone else?" Minjeong asked. There was silence for a few seconds before she heard Karina's voice again.

"Hm. What do you think?" Minjeong could hear the hint of playfulness in Karina's voice this time.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me everything yet. I'm fine with that."

"Really?"

"As long as you still keep me, yes."

"Bold, aren't you? why are you not being like this often when you're here, with me?"

"..." Minjeong tried to find answers or excuses, she looked at Mark who smirked at her. She saw the other earphone in his ear and rolled her eyes, Mark just listened to everything.

"I need to go now."

"Where?"

"Back to the office."

"Don't."

"Huh?"

"Come to me now. Our conversation is not over. I'll be waiting for you at my place."

Before Minjeong get to reply, Karina hung up.

"Oooh, so it is true. Boss is in her in love era." Mark teased with a straight face.

Minjeong then squinted her eyes at him before slowly grabbing his collar and pulled him. Mark blinked her eyes nervously, he knew not to mess with Minjeong when she's in her serious mode.

"You. You better behave and do not mess up when you're doing some work for your boss after this. I'll punish you myself if you mess up and causes trouble for her." Minjeong hissed.

"Y-Yes! I will be careful." Mark stuttered.

"You better be. I'll take this with me." Minjeong waved his phone.

"Wait- but-"

"A mistake is not allowed, Mark. Who knows you forgot to destroy all of the evidence from your phone and someone might ambush you."

"Damn, you almost sound like her already." Mark mumbled to himself, but Minjeong heard him so she glared at him.

"I got it, detective Kim!" Mark quickly said and saluted.

"Always watch your back, Mark. Don't give a lead for anyone to track your boss." Minjeong warned him again and patted his shoulder.

Mark watches as Minjeong left. He smiled and now understand why Karina trusted her. The detective cares, Minjeong cares about her and would do anything to make sure no one can catch her.

"If only you knew, detective Kim, that boss would really die for you." Mark whispered, remembering about Johnny's update when he last met him.

"After all, all of Black Mamba's hidden members got summoned now. We're all going out to finally do some action after hiding, staying silent while living with our different identity while waiting for her command. She only called us to come out now and back to our job after you became her lover." Mark chuckled and shook his head.

"And you're right, a mistake is not allowed. That's why, we're coming out to handle Soobin and his team."