Savage - Part 4

Winrina = Jiminjeong

Winter was walking with her hands inside her jeans' pocket. She put on her earphone as she listened to soft songs while following Karina who was a little far in front of her, but that's the point. She needs to keep their distance so people won't be suspicious. She was wearing a mask so no one can see that she was actually smiling while watching at Karina's back.

"Winter!!"

Winter froze and stopped when she heard Mark's loud voice, she frowned and turned to look at the other side of the road where Mark was waving enthusiastically at her. She looked back to the front and couldn't find Karina anymore.

"Aish."

"Hey!"

She took a deep breathe before facing Mark who just ran to her.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Why?"

"Well, if you're going to the same way then we should go together."

"Why?"

Mark chuckled nervously and rubbed his nape.

"I just want to walk together? I want to be friends with you."

"Why?"

Mark's eyes widened and he bit his bottom lip, Winter looked blank and dull. He knows, this is the usual her. However, he can't help, but to feel nervous as Winter can be intimidating with her cold personality.

"I- I want to be your friend." Mark said again.

"It's best if we stay the way we are. An acquaintance." Winter said.

"But-"

"I have to go." Winter cut him off and walked ahead, leaving him speechless there.

Winter then turned off the song and quickened her pace, looking for Karina and hoping that she wasn't that far yet. She was about to turn right when she bumped into someone.

"Ow."

Winter bowed her head before looking up to see a tall guy rubbing his shoulder with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Careful." He said.

Winter only bowed her head again before leaving.

"There's nothing here, Jeno."

"But this area is the main one, it's closer to all of the area where the boys got beaten."

"Well, maybe we should try to suggest to install more CCTV at the blind spot."

"The person will know. I'm sure they are not blind."

"Ah, whatever."

Winter actually pretended to stop and fix her shoelaces when she saw Jeno, the young cop who had been interrogating Karina with a new cop she haven't seen before this. She heard all of their conversations and took note that they are starting to become serious in catching her.

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Winter sighed once she reached home. She flopped down on her couch and put her arm to cover her eyes. She tried to remember Karina's face, her smile and her scent when she gets to be near her even for just a second when she passed by.

"I miss her." Winter whispered.

Then, she sits up and grabbed her phone. She checked the area where the cops have been wandering around to trace her. Yes, she installed a hidden camera secretly so she knows when to run when it's not safe anymore for her.

"Hm. I don't like this new cop." Winter mumbled as Kai looked very serious. He even kept digging more into details about the victims.

After checking the videos, she charged her phone and decided to take a shower before cooking something for dinner. While showering, Winter heard a sound, but she ignored it. She changed into a comfortable clothes before going out of her room to go to the kitchen. She stopped when she saw someone sitting on the chair in the dining area.

"Shower?" The person asked.

Winter cleared softly before nodding her head. Slowly, she moved to start preparing some stuff to cook. From the corner of her eyes, she could see the person was watching all of her movements with sharp eyes which make her heart to skip the beats, crazily. One wrong move, she'll be doomed. She can't afford to make a single mistake. No. That can't happen.

"You don't want to get caught. You can't get caught."

Winter's breath hitched. Her hands were trembling as she held the knife. The person got up and approached her. Winter let the person grabbed her hand that was still holding the knife as her hand now was being squeezed slowly, tightly.

"Say something, would you?"

"I won't get caught." Winter said firmly.

"Good. You don't want anything bad to happen, so you shouldn't get caught in the first place."

Winter glared at the person and the person only looked at her blankly.

"Nothing bad is going to happen. I'll make sure of it."

The person only smiled at Winter before patting her head.

"I know. I made a good decision to have you doing what I need you to do. I have something else for you to do, you're going to do it right?"

"What is it this time?"

"I'll email you the details. As usual, don't make a mistake."

"Okay."

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

The next few days, Winter saw Kai wandering around their university area and was always watching Karina's every movement. Jeno was always seen at the entrance, trying to see if any suspicious person catches his eyes.

"Hi."

Karina was surprised when Winter suddenly approached her. Kai also paid attention and tried to eavesdrop.

"Winter." Karina called her name softly and Winter swears her heart swelled in rainbows.

"Would you like to get a drink with me sometimes?"

"Oh? M-Me?" Karina pointed at herself.

"Yeah. If you don't mind, of course."

Karina blinked and coughed twice before running her fingers through her long black hair. Winter stares in awed and gulped when she found Karina even more attractive now.

"Why so sudden though?" Karina couldn't helped but to ask.

"A-Ah." Winter scratches her head and frowned.

"She will be free tomorrow after class."

Both Winter and Karina turned to see Aeri came out of nowhere, smiling widely and hugging Karina's arm now.

"She will?"

"I will?"

Winter and Karina looked at each other, Aeri laughed to get their attention back.

"Rina. Did you forget? You don't have any classes after 12. You can go out with Winter then."

Karina raised her eyebrows at Aeri because as far as she remembered, she has one class at 1pm.

"Just agree and say yes. I'll cover you up and copy the notes for you." Aeri whispered and pinched Karina's arm.

"Ow." Karina hissed, but Aeri maintains her smiling face.

"So, uhh..."

Karina looked back at Winter and bit her bottom lip. Winter really does look cute, always.

"Tomorrow then." Karina said and smiled at Winter.

"Really?" Winter asked, her eyes were sparkling now.

"Yeah." Karina blushed seeing Winter's face brightened up when she agreed.

"Great! It'll be a date, yeah Winter?" Aeri asked and Winter blinked her eyes repeatedly as she got nervous now.

"If Karina doesn't mind." Winter said then glanced at Karina who was still staring at her.

"No, I don't mind at all." Karina smiled at her but squeezed Aeri's hand to calm herself down while still being in front of Winter.

"Thank you. I will um- see you here tomorrow? Before we go?"

"Sure." Karina nodded.

Winter then bowed before excusing herself while Karina stood frozen until Aeri finally slapped her arms.

"Oh my god! She just asked you out!!" Aeri squealed.

"But don't you think it's so sudden? She never shows interest in me before this." Karina asked.

"That's the point of going out with her. You can ask her then. What? Aren't you excited?" Aeri said and asked her at the same time.

Karina looked at her with a blank face before smiling tightly.

"Aeri."

"What?"

"I am still processing everything. Tell me, Winter really did ask me out?"

Aeri burst out laughing at Karina's reaction. She laughed harder seeing Karina's face now that was showing her blushing cheek.

"Yes. Winter Kim asked you out."

Only then, Karina finally grinned and cupped her own face.