Burning Desire - Part 9

Winrina = Jiminjeong

Aeri has just left to attend a meeting. She joined Karina and Winter for a lunch, offered free food for the couple as her way to congratulate them on their new relationship. She asked Karina to come to her office to get her signature on their new agreement in regards of their collaboration before leaving. 

Karina was about to walk back to Winter who was waiting at their table when someone stopped her.

"Ms Yoo."

Karina looked at the girl in front of her with a poker face.

"I am Belle. I've heard a lot about you." The girl said happily, biting her lip as she tucked her hair at the back of her ear shyly.

"Belle. Hello." Karina nodded her head, just greeted the girl curtly not to be rude.

"I would like to give you this. Please, accept it." Belle handed her a small note to her while her cheeks were blushing.

Karina does not know what's the content of it nor was she interested to know at all, she was about to reject it when she felt warm from behind.

"Karina, what's taking you so long?" Winter wrapped her right arm around Karina's waist while her other hand was holding Karina's left arm.

Belle looked shocked to see Winter. Everyone saw the news, Winter being CEO Karina Yoo's rumoured girlfriend. However, they have not given a statement or to confirm it to the public yet. Not a lot of people know Winter's identity as the last heiress of the Kim. Only a few knew she's the favourite granddaughter of Kim Minhee. As Winter's identity was protected well by the Kim Family.

Karina turned her head and looked down at her, blinking as Winter looked up at her with her round eyes.

"We're supposed to leave already." Winter told her, and smiled prettily.

"I'm sorry, baby. We will leave now." Karina smiled back, pulled away her arm just to side hug Winter's shoulder.

"I can't accept this, whatever this is." Karina told Belle once she looked at her again.

"It's um- my contact-" She got cut off when Winter stepped forward to take the note instead, she opened it and read the girl's name and contact number along with her email.

"I'm interested to join the company, I want to be a model." Belle bowed.

"For SM Company?" Winter asked.

"Y-Yes." Belle answered, but her eyes were looking at Karina.

Winter took the note and nodded her head.

"I used to work at that company, and I know someone from there. I will pass this to them."

"Really?" Belle widened her eyes.

"Thank you." Belle smiled, and glanced at Karina.

"I look forward to see you again, Ms Yoo." She said.

"And why is that?" Winter asked, causing both Karina and Belle to look at her.

"Uh, she is the CEO of SM a-and-"

"She's not. She bought the company, but she's not the CEO. Do your research right next time." Winter said coldly. She stepped forward to glare at Belle.

While Karina was watching the scene with interest as she put her hands inside her pocket from behind, smirking slightly seeing Winter got jealous again.

"Do not even think of flirting with Karina. She's mine." Winter whispered.

"Who are you?" Belle frowned.

"I am Karina's girlfriend." Winter said, then turned around to pull Karina with her. She did not wait for Belle's reply.

"That was hot." Karina chuckled, and let Winter pulled her outside.

Once they were near Karina's car, Karina stopped Winter from pulling her and make her lean her back against her car's door. She grinned when Winter glares up at her.

"You're being careless."

"I'm being careless?"

"Yes."

"What did I do?" Karina asked.

"I told you to stay away from everyone who wants you." Winter said, gritting her teeth and crossing her arms.

"Oh." Karina chuckled and wanted to lean closer, but Winter pushed her slightly.

"Come on, baby. Don't be mad." Karina laughed more when Winter refused her touch.

"You're not keeping your promise." Winter growled.

"I am! I will let everyone know that I'm yours." Karina said, grabbed Winter's both hands before she leaned in, tilting her head to kiss her on the lips.

Winter slowly melts, and hummed softly through the loving kiss. Karina smiled when Winter kissed her back, she let go of her hands to hold her hips, caressing Winter gently as she kissed her affectionately.

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Jeno gulped down the beer before smashing it down the floor. He screamed and threw his laptop to the wall after watching the news. It was Winter, with Karina. Their photos have been posted since that night, and now new photos of them kissing in the parking lot, outside of Uchinaga's restaurant were spreading. No one is doubting their relationship anymore. It was all clear to everyone that they were together.

"Winter is not one to show physical affection carelessly like that. No. She used to push me away. I can't even kiss her when we were outside!" Jeno hissed.

He can't accept it. Winter was going all out with her relationship with Karina, when he was having a trouble to show her off before.

"I will get her back. I will steal her back from you, Karina Yoo." 

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Winter's parents are finally back in the country, their return was welcomed warmly at the airport. Winter came to fetch them personally too, with her grandmother. Flashes of camera on them, especially on Winter since her name has been on the news often nowadays with Karina Yoo. The reporters tried to ask as many questions as they could, but they never entertain any of them.

Winter stood straight beside her grandmother when her parents finally within their reach.

"Welcome back, my son and daughter in law." Minhee greeted as they both bowed at her.

Mr Kim hugged her first before Mrs Kim did the same. Mr Kim glanced at Winter, who kept a straight face.

"My daughter, how have you been?" Mr Kim asked.

"Good, dad." Winter answered shortly.

Mrs Kim then smiled and approached Winter, she pulled her into a warm embrace which startle Winter. Her parents used to be strict and rarely shows affection in the public eyes.

"We have a lot to talk about, but first off, I'm glad you did not end up with Jeno." Her mother whispered which make Winter to be surprised.

"She is not here?" Her father asked this time.

"Karina Yoo is preparing for a press conference. She will join us for a dinner tonight." Minhee told them.

 

 

...

 

 

"How is it going to be, boss?" Chaehyun asked as the press conference has been prepared already. Karina was still waiting in her car with her secretary and driver.

Karina only kept quiet as she observed the chaos outside the building. Everyone is waiting. She recalled back her phone call with Kim Minhee.

"Karina Yoo, I believe that you will take care of my granddaughter. I know you are not going to disappoint me. So, I am not going to tell you what to do. Just get rid of the reporters fast, and make them stay away from Minjeongie. She does not like the spotlight that much. When you're done, come and join us for dinner. Winter's parents want to see you."

"Boss?"

"It'll be quick. I have somewhere I need to be after this."

"Noted, boss."

So, Karina got out of her car and walked inside with confidence. She ignored every question as she walked towards the conference room where everyone has been waiting for her arrival. She walked in, claiming her position at the very front where a table and a mic have been prepared for her.

She simply lifted up the mic and did not bother to sit down.

"Good afternoon, everyone. Let's just get straight to the point. The photos that have been spread are indeed, Winter Kim and me. She's my girlfriend, and I hope with this, I make it clear to everyone about my relationship with her. Not a single one of you is allowed to come close to her and make her uncomfortable. I will forgive everyone for this chaos, but I won't forgive anyone who dares to invade my girlfriend's personal space and privacy." Karina paused, to look around.

"So, be careful, all of you. I don't give a warning twice." Karina said firmly.

"That's all from me, I won't answer any questions." Karina added, then put down the mic and left without wasting time.

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

"Hi."

Karina smiled and pulled Winter by her waist to kiss her. Winter cupped her face, and just let Karina kissed her deeply right outside the door of the mansion.

"I miss you." Karina whispered.

"Mm. I saw you on TV."

"Do I look good?" 

"Very." Winter said honestly.

Karina smirked and leaned down to kiss her more.

Unknown to them, Winter's parents saw them since Winter did not close the door at all. Minhee chuckled seeing them, she is used to it already. Karina will always find her way, she never let go of any chance she gets to kiss Winter anytime.

"Let's wait for them in the dining room. They might take a while." Minhee told Winter's parents, and asked them to follow her to the dining room.

After a few minutes, Karina finally pulled away. She caressed Winter's cheeks, kissing her forehead.

"You're really beautiful." Karina praised and Winter only smiled sweetly at her.

"My beautiful girlfriend." Karina said again, kissing Winter's cheek this time.

"Thank you." Winter giggled.

Karina flirted with her for a few more minutes, and enjoyed seeing Winter's reaction. Once they remembered that Winter's family is waiting inside, they finally pulled away from each other. Karina settled with holding Winter's hand, before they both finally walked inside.

As soon as they entered the dining room, Karina could feel that all eyes were on her.

"Good evening." Karina greeted and bowed politely.

Mrs Kim immediately looked at their holding hands, while Mr Kim stood up to approach Karina. Minhee only kept quiet. 

"Karina Yoo." Mr Kim stood right in front of Karina, staring at her with a stern face.

Winter took a deep breath silently. Her father has always been hard on her, and he always makes her suitors have a hard time in the past.

It was even a madness when she brought Jeno to meet them as her boyfriend officially. Fortunately, they decided the meeting to be at one of the private rooms in a luxury restaurant. The reason why her father held back from hurting Jeno. He never like him from the start.

As calm as she looks, Winter was actually feeling nervous for Karina. Jeno had suffered with her father's sharp and mean words before.

"Lee Jeno and his father have requested to meet me." Mr Kim said, and Winter frowned.

"They sound desperate." Mr Kim said again.

Karina knew. Jeno's father thought that the help from Yena's family would be enough to cover the damage and to clear them off from getting bashed.

However, they did not expect that Karina is planning to drag them down hard. Their name got blacklisted by now, they can't run a company or open up any business anymore.

Yena's family got affected as well by Karina's doing, that Yena's father ended up releasing a new statement that they will cut off their ties with the Lee's. Karina found out that Jeno's last choice was to try and get back with Winter again. Winter's family is powerful enough to fight against Karina Yoo.

But, who was he kidding? Kim Minhee shared a strong bond with Karina. She will never go against Karina.

"I received some shocking information about you from them. I don't know the truth behind it. So, before I let you sit with us, choose your words wisely, Karina Yoo." Mr Kim said seriously.

"Then, let me introduce myself properly first." Karina said. She squeezed Winter's hand before she let go, to offer a handshake to her father.

"I am Karina Yoo, the current CEO of YJ Corps. However, I hope you still remember me as that was not my only identity." By now, everyone is confused by Karina's statement.

"Does Yoo Jimin ring a bell?"

Mrs Kim gasped and stood up abruptly, while Mr Kim looked at Jimin with wide eyes.

"Y-Yoo Jimin?"

Minhee stood up as well. Jimin... Karina is... that girl.

"The one and only. We finally meet again, sir." Karina tilted her head, and smiled knowingly.

 

 

...

 

 

Karina was wandering around, there were so much in her head, and she wanted a time alone. She went to the beach, where her family usually spent time together during their free time. It had just been a month since her father had passed away, yet the pain was still fresh.

She was so lost in her own thoughts when suddenly she heard a loud scream not far from where she was sitting. Karina looked around, standing up as she heard a splash. She did not hesitate to run towards the cliff area, taking off her jacket as she ran towards the sea and made a dive.

It was Winter's mother, she was the one who saved her from drowning. It turned out that it was intentional, an enemy had pushed her off from the cliff. Luckily, the cliff was not too high, and Karina was fast enough to save Mrs Kim.

Karina remembered that she was shivering as she managed to carry Mrs Kim back to the shore, Mrs Kim had lost consciousness. She took out her phone from her jacket to call for an ambulance.

Karina remembered seeing how Kim Minhee trying to calm Winter down, as the young girl was crying badly, afraid of losing her mother.

"Tell me, how much should I pay you for your kindness?"

Karina turned to Mr Kim as he offered to pay her. Karina then continued looking at Winter who was still crying in her grandmother's embrace.

"I don't want anything from you, sir."

"Huh? But-"

"It will be enough for me if you would protect your family with all cost from now on." Karina told Mr Kim.

She looked at Winter once again, they did not know each other, but somehow Karina could feel her pain. Her heart aches seeing her tears, and she did not know why. But it reminds her of herself, when her father passed away.

"Just don't let anyone hurt them and make them cry again. That's all I asked from you, sir."

When Karina turned to leave, Mr Kim called her again.

"At least, may I know your name?"

Karina glanced over her shoulder, with kind eyes and a small smile, she replied "Jimin. Yoo Jimin."

Mr Kim nodded his head, taking note that he would never forget her name.

 

 

...

 

 

 

Karina was 16 at that time. She was not how she looked like now. She used to wear simple clothes, with glasses on, and a low ponytail. She used to look like a nerd, a naive kid that people thought was harmless.

However, to protect the only family she has left, and to be able to get her revenge, she has changed to be who she is now. 

The incident was also the reason why Mr Kim had changed to become more strict, and very protective, especially when it comes to Winter, his one and only daughter. He keeps his promise to Jimin, to protect his family with all his might.

Karina was also surprised to find out that they were the family that she managed to save from losing a wife, a mother, and a daughter in law. She did not know at first. She only dug into Winter's parents' details properly a day before the dinner. That was when she saw an old article about Mrs Kim's incident. That's how she found out that it's them.

"Jimin." Mr Kim smiled and ignored her hand. Instead, he pulled her into a tight hug which make Winter to get even more confused now.

"Oh my god, I found you again." Mr Kim said, feeling relief. Karina blinked her eyes, surprised that Mr Kim would hug her.

"Jimin..." Mrs Kim smiled, eyes were teary already. Karina bowed her head, and she put her palm on Karina's cheek.

"You have no idea how we never forget about you, wishing that you would always be safe anywhere you go." Mrs Kim said.

"Thank you, Jimin. We did not get to thank you properly. So, thank you." Mr Kim said, smiling at her.

"Jimin?" 

Now, everyone turned to Winter.

"Remember the girl that saved me, dear. It was her, Jimin." Mrs Kim told her daughter.

 

 

...

 

 

"So, Jimin huh."

Karina chuckled, she followed Winter to the backyard to enjoy the night view at the garden.

"It's my Korean name, but I never really use it anymore. That's why, I was better known as Karina now."

"Why? Jimin is a pretty name." Winter said, turning around to face her.

"Hm. It is a pretty name, my father gave that name to me." Karina smiled.

"So, can I call you Jimin instead from now on?"

"I would prefer it if you call me baby instead." Karina smirked. Winter rolled her eyes.

"I call you anything I like."

"Fine, then can I call you Minjeongie?"

"Okay."

Karina tilted her head. Did she just say okay?

Winter just stares at her without saying anything, thinking of what was on Karina's mind.

"I can call you that?" Karina asked again to confirm it, and Winter nodded.

"Minjeongie..."

"Mm?"

Karina sighed, she pulled Winter against her body and hugged her waist tightly.

"You make me crazy." Karina whispered, eyes looking at Winter's sparkling eyes. Winter slowly smiled and circled her arms around Karina's neck.

"Good." 

Karina smiled and they kissed passionately, again.

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

"Mr Kim! I've been waiting for you guys." Karina smiled happily, and let Winter's parents to take turns to hug her.

"We will never miss your party." 

"I hope you will enjoy the party. It was not my idea actually, but my best friend insisted. Our collaboration was going well." Karina said, gesturing them to follow her.

"Minjeongie is here already with her grandmother, right?" Mrs Kim asked.

"Yes, Aeri is entertaining them. Madam Kim found an old friend too."

"Ah, mother, her connection has never stopped until now."

"She's the big boss alright." Karina said, laughing with Winter's parents.

Karina brought them to their table, and told them to eat first.

"I will bring the ladies here." Karina said, and excused herself.

Not even far from Winter's parents' table yet, someone blocked her way.

"Karina. Hello."

"Oh. Mr Cho."

"Long time no see. You look charming."

"Well, thank you. Now, if you would excuse me first, Mr Cho."

"Wait, Karina. I saw the news." Mr Cho blocked her way again, and Karina raised her eyebrows.

"I thought you were not interested in romance." Mr Cho laughed.

"Well, I wasn't until I met Winter." Karina said.

"You know, for someone who was still young in this industry, and since you basically have no one. You should create a bond with a well off family. Winter is from the Kim, but they are so hard to please. It's going to be hard for you to fit in." Mr Cho said, showing his concerns to Karina.

"My family is supportive, we are not that picky too. And I am fond of you, Karina." He paused, and gestured someone to come. Karina looked at a girl who seemed to be arrogant, just like Mr Cho.

"Meet my daughter, she just came back from LA. She's still single and-"

"Baby, I was looking for you." Karina raised her eyebrows hearing the endearment from Winter's mouth.

At this rate, Karina was not even surprised anymore when Winter just knows when to appear on time. She hid her smile and looked at her right. Yet, she was not prepared at all when Winter stares at her left eye, then to her right eye, before she finally stares at her lips. Karina stares, clearly know what Winter was trying to do.

Winter ignored her, turning to give a blank stare at Mr Cho and his daughter.

"It's my girlfriend's party, and I hope you guys are not talking about work since I want her to enjoy the night without stressing out about work related." Winter said.

"No, of course not." Mr Cho quickly replied.

"Oh, then I will take my girlfriend with me now." Winter smiled, a fake one. It was obvious.

Winter then turned back around, she let her hand roam playfully on Karina's lower abdomen, before hugging her waist with one arm and tiptoeing to whisper "follow me". She stares sharply into Karina's eyes, before sliding her hand from Karina's waist and back to her stomach as she then runs her fingers in her hair while walking away.

Karina inhaled sharply and glared at Winter's back. She did not bother to say anything else to Mr Cho and his daughter, but to follow Winter immediately.

While on the other hand, Mr and Mrs Kim was blinking their eyes.

"Was that... Really our daughter?" Mrs Kim asked, whispering to her husband.

"Yeah." Mr Kim replied.

"She wasn't like that when she was with Jeno."

"Yeah."

Mrs Kim looked at her husband, who was still looking shocked.

"Seems like Jimin is truly our daughter's other half."

 

 

...

 

 

"You did not just flirt with me again, and ran away." Karina growled, slamming the restroom door shut as she marched towards Winter, grabbing the back of her neck to kiss her hard.

"I didn't-" Winter gasped when Karina bit her lip.

"Didn't run away." Winter panted, hands desperately clutching on Karina's blazer as she kissed her back harder.

"Do not test my patience, baby." Karina whispered, keeping a tight hold on Winter's waist, pushing Winter towards the sink, and lifted her up.

"I'm this close to bring you back home with me." Karina said, closing her eyes.

Winter smiled, hands cupped Karina's face so gently.

"Take me home, baby. I'm all ready." Winter said, which make Karina to open her eyes.

Winter never look away from her eyes, as she grabbed Karina's hand that was on her waist. She maintains their eye contacts, and put Karina's hand on her knee, slightly under her short dress.

"Baby." Karina warned, eyebrows furrowed.

"No, baby, do not hold back. From now on, don't you ever hold back. Make me all yours." Winter smirked, slowly pushing Karina's hand further in until she stopped her hand on her thigh.

"Because I am too, is burning for you."

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Enjoy, my lovely readers! Stay safe as always.

 

xx