Burning Desire - Part 3

Winrina = Jiminjeong

"Don't you think that we're just meant to be?"

Winter frowned and looked behind her, only to see a smirking Karina Yoo.

"Hi, there. What is a beautiful woman like you, doing here alone?"

Winter rolled her eyes and ignored her, continues to scan the dress in front of her. It was really a coincidence that they met at RV Boutique. Karina was supposed to look for a dress, but she decided that she can do that later as she got her eyes on Winter now.

"Are you buying for yourself?" Karina asked, staying close to Winter.

"Don't talk to me."

"I can't do that."

Winter sighed, she had no time to argue with the CEO. She needs to find a good dress and leave as soon as possible.

"What's the occasion, by the way?" Karina asked, since the boutique only sells formal and elegant dress for important events.

"None of your business."

"True, but I can help you choose one."

"No, thanks."

Karina smiled at Winter's cold treatment. She does not feel offended at all. In fact, she admires her for that. This just means that Winter will not be easy for anyone else to make her sway.

"Don't protest, let me." Karina said sternly as she went behind her again, and raised her hand to grab the dress on top that's out of Winter's reach.

"Here." Karina gave it to her.

Winter glared at her, turning around to bring the dress to the fitting room. Karina put her hands in her pocket and smiled. She went to sit on the couch near the fitting room.

When Winter came out, Karina waved at her. Winter ignored her again and went to see other dresses. Karina put her right arm on the backrest and rested her head on her palm as she just watches Winter.

"How do I make her fall for me?" Karina whispered to herself.

After half an hour, Winter finally got what she wants. She was about to pay when the cashier told her that Karina has paid for her dress already.

"That's not possible. She left before I decided which dress I want."

"Well, um, she paid for the most expensive dress' price. So, actually, she should get the changes, but she told us to keep it as our tips."

Winter sighed, she couldn't do anything. She just didn't expect that Karina would do that.

 

 

...

 

 

Karina smiled seeing a fresh bouquet of tulips in her hands. She walked back to the boutique, hoping that she will catch Winter before she's leaving. Just in her luck, Winter was exiting the boutique.

"Winter Kim!" She called for her, and Winter looked at her.

Karina jogged a little to reach her fast. She was still smiling as she stands in front of Winter.

"What's your bank account number?"

Karina raised her eyebrows before chuckling.

"Are you checking if I'm fit to be your future wife? Don't worry, sweetheart. You don't even need to work if you decide to marry me."

Winter stares at her uninterestedly while Karina smirked at her.

"I want to transfer back the money you used to pay for my dress." Winter said.

"Oh. Well, before that, please take this." Karina gave her the flowers.

Winter looked at them, then looked at Karina again.

"I'll give my bank account number if you take this." Karina told her. 

Winter sighed, giving in to Karina, and took the flowers. Karina let out a relief sigh and put her hands in her pocket again. 

"Now, this is a sight that looks beautiful to me. Winter Kim is holding the flowers I'm giving her. Very beautiful." 

"Your account number, Karina Yoo." 

Karina tilted her head, she loves hearing the sound of her name from Winter's mouth. She bends down, with hands still in her pocket, eyes at the same level as Winter's, and a lazy smirk appeared on her face when Winter just stares at her. Good, keep staring at me. Look only at me.

"I have to let you know, sweetheart. Nothing is easy in this world. Just like how it's going to take me a lot of effort and time to win your heart. The same goes to you getting my account number."

"Wha-" Winter got cut off when Karina stood up straight, stepping closer and gripped her chin gently.

"Shh." Karina whispered, she leaned in and tilted her head again.

"There's no way I'm going to let you pay back my money. So, no. No account number for you, but I would be willing to give you my phone number instead. What do you say, sweetheart?"

Winter shook her head, trying to get Karina's hand off from gripping her chin. So, Karina let go. 

"You may push me, as much as you want. However, I've got to remind you, that I am not going to stop. I will keep on coming to you, Winter Kim."

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Karina hummed happily as she looked through the contract of agreement papers in her hands. She smiled before putting them inside her drawer, and locked it.

She grabbed her phone to make a call. 

​​​​​​"Sup?" 

"Aeri! I've got good news." 

"You sound excited."

"Am I? So, I've met all of the clients. I managed to get most of them on my side." 

"That's great! Then, what's next?" 

"I'll have to meet the second largest shareholder, obviously." 

"Ms Hwang? She's in LA, right?" 

"Yes. My secretary has already contacted her representative for a schedule for us to meet. I'll wait until she can give a date, and I'll go right away." 

"Okay, that's good. I'll be right behind you." 

"Thank you." 

"When you get Ms Hwang to be on your side, are you going to pursue Winter properly?" 

"What do you mean? I am pursuing her properly already now, but I'm just holding myself back. When the time is right, Aeri, nothing will stop me anymore."

They talked for a while, before Karina decided to hang up as she knew how busy Aeri can get too. 

She needs to update her best friend about most of the things, since she'll be her only help if she was in trouble.

 

 

 

 

..... 

 

 

 

 

Karina parked her car, smiling to herself when she saw a familiar car in front of the large flower shop's entrance.

She entered, raising her head to find Kim Minhee. She quickly made her way towards her, nodding her head to the loyal guard who would be around her whenever she went out. 

"No wonder the flowers are blooming. It's because you are here."

Kim Minhee patted her chest as she got startled due to Karina's sudden appearance beside her when she was focusing on the flowers. 

"Karina."

"Madam Kim." Karina bowed her head politely and smiled sweetly.

Minhee laughed and gestured her to come closer.

"Are you stalking me, Karina? You seem to be around when I least expected you to be."

"No. Definitely not stalking. However, I think fate wants us to meet." 

"And why is that?"

"Maybe, our lives are intertwined in a way. Or maybe, a certain grandchild of yours is my soulmate. So, fate leads me towards you, then I'll meet your grandchild through you."

Madam Kim laughed heartily at Karina's bluntness.

"You mean, Minjeongie?"

Karina grinned.

"Yeah, your Minjeongie. Oh, don't tell her I called her Minjeongie. She doesn't let me call her that."

"She doesn't. Not everyone can call her that." Minhee chuckled, remembering how her grandchild said her birth name is precious, and she would like only certain people to call her precious name.

"Oh well, I'll get there." Karina smiled.

"Good luck. Even Jeno doesn't get to call her by her birth name." Minhee said, walking along the pathway to look for more flowers.

"He doesn't?"

"No."

Karina raised her eyebrows at the new information. Huh. He's not that important then.

"Jeno is her long time boyfriend." Minhee said, glancing at Karina who only nodded her head. 

"My grandchild has never dated anyone that long. He's her only long term relationship."

"She loves him?" Karina asked.

"She said she does..."

Karina waited for Minhee to complete her sentence, but she kept quiet. Karina doesn't want to be seen as pushy, so she also kept quiet. She wouldn't ask more than she should.

"Are you going to buy flowers too, my dear?"

"Oh, yes."

"Hmm. Karina Yoo is buying flowers. Who's the special one who's going to receive them?" Minhee asked, a hint of teasing in her tone.

Karina chuckled, she stares at the red roses, not far from them. She remembers Winter Kim. Every beautiful thing just keeps on reminding her of Winter. 

"Oh, Madam Kim. Would you really like to know?" Karina asked, smirking at her.

Minhee laughed, shaking her head and pinched Karina's cheek.

"You need to stop teasing me."

"Or what?"

"Or you're going to make me like you very much, and I might become delusional because I would like you to become a family." Minhee chuckled.

From the first time she met Karina, she knew the woman was a charmer. She knew her way to someone's heart. Her words are natural, yet full with sweetness and truthfulness.

"Please, Madam Kim. I really don't mind. I'll even let you adopt me."

Minhee's eyes disappeared as she laughed harder this time. Her loyal guard, Johnny, smiled slightly seeing that. He has been serving Minhee since he was eighteen, replacing his father.

Johnny witnessed how Minhee gets lonely sometimes. His father told him that she used to be a serious person, but that changed when Winter was born. Winter becomes her light, and she brought happiness to Minhee who was lonely after her husband has passed away.

Now, it was a surprise to him. A stranger, someone outside the family, managed to bring a smile to Minhee's face. It's safe to say that Karina might become the second person who can make her happy, after Winter Kim.

 

 

... 

 

 

Winter was about to leave the building when the receptionist ran out of the counter to give her a bouquet of red roses. 

"Someone delivered this here today. The person said to just keep it at the lobby, and give you when you're about to leave."

Winter blinked her eyes, she noticed a single card with big words on it 'To: Winter Kim. No one else.'

Sighing, she doesn't need to find out who's the sender. She knew. 

"Okay, thank you." Winter mumbled as she took the flowers, and walked out of the building.

 

 

... 

 

 

"Grandma! I'm here!"

Minhee stood up, letting go of her small trowel. She took off her gloves, and smiled widely seeing Winter.

"Grandma, what did I say about doing it alone?"

"I'm not allowed to."

"Then?"

"Johnny is helping me." Minhee pointed at Johnny who appeared, head is sweating and he was carrying two large buckets of sand.

"Hi, Johnny! Thank you for helping grandma out." Winter giggled seeing Johnny looks like a real gardener now instead of a bodyguard.

"Ms Kim, welcome home." Johnny bowed after putting down the buckets.

Minhee stares at the bouquet of flowers in Winter's hands, and Winter noticed it. 

"Oh, you like it?" Winter asked.

"Roses are always pretty. Is this from the unknown person you've mentioned before?" Minhee asked.

"They are pretty. Do we have some space to put these flowers?" Winter asked, and Minhee nodded, gesturing to go inside with her.

"And yes, it's from the same person." Winter answered.

"The person seems like a sweet person." Minhee commented.

Winter then handed the fresh flowers to her grandmother, for her to take them out, and put them in a vase. Winter smiled seeing how her grandmother was taking care of the flowers carefully.

Minhee took note of the card's label. Naevis Florist. ​​​​​​

Minhee hid her smile, she finally found out who was the one who kept sending her grandchild flowers. She saw Karina grabbed the same flowers when she was leaving earlier. However, she won't say anything about it.

Because after a long time, she saw Winter's genuine smile when she stares at the flowers. Winter loves flowers since she was still a kid. That's the reason why she created a garden in her backyard too. 

Watching Winter grow up, she knew that she is going to be a sweet girl. She loves her dearly. She wishes that once Winter has grown up, someone will come into her life, and give her what she likes the most. Flowers. 

Because flowers make Winter Kim happy. Imagine her disappointment, when Winter told her that she accepted Jeno's confession. A guy who has never given her a flower. Only that one time, when he apologised after their first big fight. 

Winter doesn't tell her much, yet she doesn't keep many secrets from her as well. She knew some details about her relationship as Winter is comfortable to talk about it with her, sometimes to ask for some advice.

 

 

 

 

..... 

 

 

 

 

Aeri looked at Karina from head to toe, and rolled her eyes. Of course, Karina didn't come wearing what she usually wears. Even though she could make every head turn for her, but she had to work hard to make a certain head to turn to her.

"You dressed to impress." Aeri commented when Karina reached her side.

Karina hummed, looking around, eyes already searching for a certain Kim.

"Woman, can you like- uh, make it less obvious?" Aeri asked.

"Have you seen her, Aeri?"

Aeri sighed when her best friend just ignored her.

"She was with Ning Yizhuo earlier."

"Come with me."

"Why?"

"Ning needs a distraction, and you'll be that. I want to talk to Winter."

"Gosh, you're annoying when you're being demanding."

"Aeri, let's go."

"Okay, okay."

Aeri grumbled, but still followed Karina to find the best friends.

When Ning saw Karina, she quickly whispered to Winter to let her know that Karina is coming. Winter nodded her head, but did not bother to turn her head.

"Hello, girls." Karina greeted, casually stood beside Winter.

"Good to see you again, Ning Yizhuo." 

"Please, just Ning will do."

"Okay, Ning. Oh, you must know Aeri already." Karina gestured at Aeri. Aeri smiled and bowed at Ning who smiled kindly at her too.

"Aeri Uchinaga. You can just call me Aeri. I am unfortunately, this annoying woman's best friend." Ning chuckled at Aeri's statement while Winter scoffed before chuckling a little.

Karina raised her eyebrows, purposely bumped her shoulder on her to get her attention.

"You haven't replied to my DM." Karina said.

"Not until you give me your account number."

Karina laughed. Winter was pretty stubborn too.

"You-"

"There you are! Winter ah!"

Karina's smile vanished when Jeno came. She stared at them when Jeno hugged Winter briefly.

"I've been looking for you, Hun." Jeno smiled and put his arm around Winter.

Aeri and Ning also stopped talking as they witnessed the vibe has changed now that Jeno was around. Karina's face changed too, gone was her playful smirk.

"Karina Yoo. I didn't know that you guys are friends." Jeno said, interested when he saw Karina was talking to Winter.

"We're not-"

"We're not friends." Karina said firmly, beating Winter into it. We can never be friends.

"Yeah, um- She was just saying about how nice of you and your father to hold this charity event." Winter lied, ignoring how now three pairs of eyes were looking at her.

"Thank you. I am glad that you like it. I'm even honoured to have you here, and joined in the charity." Jeno smiled, feeling ecstatic that Karina was finally here, at his own event. He had been inviting her over for a few times in the past, but not once did she ever come.

Unknown to Jeno, Karina wouldn't even bother. That was until she knew about Winter. She came, only for Winter.

Karina only nodded her head, too lazy to be fake, and to reply to him. Ning tilted her head at Karina's behaviour. She was different earlier when Jeno wasn't there. Hmm.

Jeno felt nervous and awkward with Karina's cold behaviour. Nonetheless, it wasn't new to him. Karina usually does not like to entertain anyone, unless if it was someone she had known for a long time.

"We are going to have a high tea tomorrow with all of the donors and the sponsors for this charity. I hope you can make it." Jeno said, feeling hopeful.

"Will Winter Kim be there?" Karina asked, eyes staring at Winter, who refused to look back at her, but frowned at her question.

"Of course! We both will be there." Jeno answered happily.

"Sure." Karina nodded, glancing at Jeno's hand around Winter. She clenched her teeth and tried to take a deep breath silently. She then turned to walk away without saying anything. Aeri excused herself to follow Karina.

"I didn't know you talked to her." Jeno said.

"I didn't. She was the one who approached me and talked to me." Winter replied.

"Huh? Are you sure you guys are not friends?" Jeno asked curiously.

"We're not, Jeno."

"Really? She seemed to have a good chat with you though, which was very rare to see."

"She talked to Ning too." Winter hissed.

Jeno raised his hands and smiled.

"Okay. Sorry, I was only asking." 

"Where were you, by the way? You've been spending too much of your time at work."

"Oh, you know me. I have to prepare myself to be a CEO. Dad is going to retire soon." Jeno said, pouting and pulling Winter closer.

"I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you. Okay?" Jeno asked.

"When?"

"Uhh, I'm not sure. I hope soon."

Winter sighed. Again. 

Jeno have always been busy. He was rarely there with her, not that she minds. She does not want him to get too clingy. She does not like it when Jeno was doing it during their first year of the relationship. However, nowadays, she felt like she needs to have Jeno around more often than before. She does not know if it's because they haven't been spending their time together for a long time anymore, or she just need a distraction.

Winter frowned when suddenly she thought of Karina. The reason why she needs a distraction.

 

 

...

 

 

Jeno brought his father to meet Karina. Even if Karina was still being cold towards them, they still talked to her they had known her for being like that. Karina was complaining in her mind, she felt bored. It's clear that they were trying to sweet talk her, which was not working at all.

Karina then looked around, only nodding mindlessly to whatever the father and the son was saying. Then, her eyes found Winter. She was sulking in the corner, eyes glaring at her. Karina's cold eyes softened, a tug at the corner of her lips seeing Winter's adorable expression.

She saw Winter was mumbling something, before she turned to leave. Karina wanted to laugh at her cuteness, but held herself back. She didn't wait for Mr Lee to finish as she excused herself.

She went to find Winter outside.

"Aren't you cold?" Karina asked.

Winter gasped, eyebrows furrowed seeing her outside as well.

"What are you doing here?"

"Following you." Karina said honestly, walking closer.

"You were glaring at me. You know, you just have to tell me, what's making you so angry with me?" Karina asked her.

"You're such an excellent liar."

"Excuse me?"

"You said you were not looking at Jeno, but I see you keep talking to him, and even his father." Winter exclaimed, and Karina blinked her eyes.

"The rumours must be true." Winter mumbled.

"What rumours?"

"That's you're manipulative. That's what you do. You're trying to manipulate me. You wanted to make me leave Jeno, so you can have your way with him. Well, Karina, that's not going to happen. I am sure that Jeno will propose me soon. I told you that we are getting-" Karina has heard enough. She growled and wrapped an arm around her, while putting a finger on her lips to shut her up.

"So, you heard about me." Karina muttered and clicked her tongue.

"I can be manipulative when I want to, especially if it's in business. It's how I make my way to the top. This world is full with dirt, sweetheart. People keep choosing to do it in a dirty way to get to the top. I manipulated those who tried to manipulate me first, that's how I survive in this harsh world." Karina explained.

"I want to make you leave Jeno? True, I want that, so badly. But, so I can have my way with him??" Karina scoffed.

"I told you many times, since day one. I don't want him, Winter Kim. I want you." Karina gritted her teeth, eyes glaring into Winter's eyes.

"Winter? Where are you??"

Karina turned her head, saw a shadow coming out of the door. She quickly dragged Winter to go further to the back and pulled her behind a wall. She pushed Winter gently onto the wall.

"Jeno is-" Karina put both hands on the wall, on each side of Winter's head to trap her when Winter was about to leave.

"Karina." Winter hissed in a low tone.

"Jeno is looking for me!" She whispered.

"I don't care. You're with me right now, I'm not going to let him interrupt us." Karina frowned.

"Now, where were we? Oh, the proposal. You are going to say no to him, again." Karina said.

"What? You're no one to tell me what to do."

"You don't want him."

"Shut up. He's my boyfriend."

"I told you, not for long."

Winter groaned and tried to push her, but Karina gripped her chin, and made her looked at her face. Her other hand was still on the wall, beside Winter's head

"Sweetheart, when I said I'm going to make you mine, I mean it, with everything inside of me." Karina whispered.

She leaned her face closer and smirked slowly when Winter glared at her, again and again. Karina doesn't mind, as long Winter's eyes will be on her.

"Now, listen and keep this in your mind." Karina said.

"The more you push me, the more I'm going to keep pulling you. You still think that I want your good for nothing boyfriend? Fine. Then, prepare yourself, sweetheart." Karina then caressed Winter's jaw using her thumb.

"I'll do everything to invade your mind, until all you can think of is only me. Until all you can think of is how much I want you. And you will feel it, everything I'm going to pour out of my chest. My feelings, my desire, everything. And it is all for you."

Karina let out a sigh and put down her hand that was beside Winter's head to hold her waist. Karina squeezed her waist, making Winter let out a small gasp out of her parted lips. Karina smirked, liking how Winter reacts to her touch.

Then, Karina slowly let her go and stepped back. She stares at Winter, who seemed to be frozen. 

"I hate to let you go to him, but for now, only for now, I'll be patient. One day, sweetheart, you will come to me instead of him. I'll make you come to me." Karina said, keeping her clenched fists in her pocket. It's a habit, and she needs to calm herself down. 

She can't cross the line, never. It's already hard to keep herself sane, knowing Winter was not yet hers. 

"Winter?! Hun? Are you there??"

Karina stares, and stares. Winter blinked her eyes, looking away from Karina's hard stare. She cleared before moving one foot, almost stumbling. Karina reacted fast, she grabbed Winter's arm to keep her steady. Winter slowly looked at her again, Karina was still staring at her with the same intensity.

"You have no idea at all, aren't you?" Karina asked.

"W-What?"

"That I am burning for you." Karina whispered.