Date Me

Winrina = Jiminjeong

Two girls were seen to be engaged in a deep conversation at the open field near the small lake just in front of Aespa University's entrance. It's where students usually hang around, chilling together with their friends.

"Don't you think today's weather good?" asked the red head.

"Yeah." The girl with purple hair replied.

They both were just sitting on the grass near a huge tree.

"Jimin. Should we hang out this Sunday?"

"I don't know Aeri." The purple haired said as she closed her eyes, leaning her back against the tree.

"Hi guys!!" They heard a loud voice not far from them. 

"And here they come." Aeri muttered.

"Yah Minjeong stop sulking and move your !"

"I am, Ning! Can't you see?!!"

Jimin smiled as soon as she heard the second voice but still closed her eyes.

"Stop it guys. When are you guys going to stop fighting huh?" Aeri asked.

"Ask her. She's annoying." Minjeong said and pouted, then she looks at Jimin who didn't open her eyes.

"Is she asleep?" Minjeong asked Aeri.

"Nope. She's just resting." Aeri answered.

"Kay." Minjeong then patted Jimin's knee and pulled them apart for her to sit in between her legs.

"Jimin, I'm going to sit here." She said. Jimin only hummed and let her. Minjeong smiled and sat down, leaning herself against Jimin's front as Jimin automatically wrapped her arms around Minjeong's waist.

"Seeing you getting all cuddly right now with Jimin is honestly more annoying." Ningning said.

"What? Jimin likes it anyway." Minjeong said and snuggled closer into Jimin.

"Okay. May we know why were you sulking earlier?" Aeri asked Minjeong.

"Apparently, Minjeong didn't like the guy. Yep, again." Ning sighed.

"Not my fault when he's boring." Minjeong commented.

"Minjeong. That's like the fourth guy already. You said you want to date someone but everytime I set you up on a blind date, you keep saying you don't like them. Might as well you don't even have to date. Just be single forever." Ning said.

"I want to date! I just... No one seems to attract me yet." Minjeong said then tilted her head to look at Jimin.

"Did you not get enough sleep?" She asked.

"No."

"Then, are you feeling sick?"

"I'm fine, Jeongie."

"Or are you just still sleepy?"

Jimin opened her eyes to look at Minjeong and gave her a soft smile.

"Mm. Just sleepy." She mumbled.

"Talk to me. I have class in 20 minutes. Yours will be in an hour." Minjeong said.

"Okay okay." Jimin agreed and Minjeong grinned before she talked about the movie that she watched last night.

After 20 minutes, Minjeong and Ningning excused themselves for their first class. Leaving Jimin and Aeri alone again. They watched as the two girls left while waving at them.

"A day will never be dull with those two." Aeri said.

"Yeah."

Aeri then looked at Jimin who's still watching Minjeong's back.

 

 

... 

 

 

Red Velvet Cafe. 

Jimin and Aeri decided to hang out on Sunday as planned. They just talked about their schedule and their subjects before Aeri left to go to the restroom.

Jimin took out her book and flipped it open to read while she's got nothing to do.

"I think, it's another failed blind date." Aeri said as soon as she came back.

Jimin looks up at her and raised her eyebrows.

"Ningning just texted me. Minjeong asked to get her out of her failed date." Aeri told Jimin and showed her the text message.

"That's 5 minutes ago. Where did they meet?" Jimin asked.

"At the cafe few blocks from here."

Jimin hummed and furrowed her brows. 

"Why?" Aeri asked.

"Nah, just... Do they know we're here?" Jimin asked while checking her phone if there's any notification.

"Yeah, I told Ning earlier."

"Okay. Wait."

Aeri looks confused but still just watches Jimin stood up and went to the counter to order something.

"You're ordering more?" Aeri asked once she's back.

"Just a drink and a cake."

"Oh. I thought you said you don't want to eat."

"It's not for me, Aeri."

"Eh? I have my cake already."

Jimin chuckled and shakes her head.

"I didn't say its for you."

"Then for-"

"Ugh! I can't believe you did it again!"

"I don't like him!"

Aeri looks at the two newcomers before looking at Jimin who only smiled looking at the two approaching their table.

"How did you know they'll come here?" Aeri asked.

"It's Minjeong, Aeri. I know her too well." Jimin chuckled.

"Fine! No more blind date for you!"

"Fine with me too!"

Jimin pulled out a chair next to her for Minjeong to sit and gave her drinks to share with Minjeong which Minjeong took without hesitation after sitting down and drinks it.

"Thirsty?" Jimin asked.

"Very. I didn't get to drink earlier." Minjeong pouted.

Just right on time, the waiter served a drink and the cake that Jimin ordered earlier. Jimin thanked him before giving everything to Minjeong.

"Here. Bought this for you." Jimin said softly. Minjeong's face lights up and she smiled in glee. Jimin noticed her wearing off shoulder dress so she takes off her denim jacket to put on Minjeong so she wouldn't feel cold.

Aeri and Ningning was just silent as they watched at the scene in front of them. Aeri sighed and looked at Jimin sadly.

Why do you have to love her in silence Jimin? Why don't you just confess to your childhood best friend? 

Jimin smiled seeing Minjeong's being happy again after her failed date. She patted her head before turning to Aeri who looked at her with a blank face. 

"Minjeong." Aeri called Minjeong's name while still looking at Jimin.

"Why not this time, try to date a girl instead?"

Jimin's heart stopped beating when Aeri said that. Aeri then ignored Jimin's warning look before she turned to Minjeong.

"Maybe you should try going on a date with a girl." Aeri suggested.

"Hmm." Minjeong tapped her chin. Ningning and Jimin also looked at her in anticipation.

"But who?" Minjeong asked.

Jimin raised her eyebrows. Wait what.

"Do you know someone, Ning?" Aeri asked. 

"I'm not sure if a girl. Most girls I know who swing that way, already have a girlfriend."

"Well, maybe we can try find someone. If Minjeong's okay with that." Aeri said.

"Yeah, okay." Minjeong shrugged before taking another bite of her cake.

Aeri glanced at a quiet Jimin who seems to be in a deep thought.

Jimin, my friend. I hope you'll do something this time. 

After an hour, Jimin and Minjeong decided to leave early to rest. While Aeri stayed with Ningning. 

"Do you think Jimin will try to confess?" Ning asked Aeri.

"I don't know. I hope so. I'm tired of her sad girl era. She needs to move on and be happy."

"Right. But do you think Minjeong will like her too?" Ning asked.

"Hmm. I'm not sure but-" Aeri paused as she tried to remember how's Minjeong around Jimin.

 

 

It was when Aeri first met Jimin. She was struggling to find her club when Jimin whom she bumped into at the hallways helped her and turned out Minjeong was in the same music club. 

"She's Aeri, we have one same class. She's new." Jimin told Minjeong. 

"Okay. Hi! I'm Minjeong, I'm Jimin's one and only." 

"She is going to have a wrong idea if you said it like that." 

Minjeong only sticked out her tongue while Jimin just smiled fondly at her. 

"This is your club. Hope you enjoy. Minjeong is a good girl. You're in good hands so don't worry." Jimin told Aeri. 

"Thank you so much." Aeri bowed. Minjeong asked her to come in first while she send Jimin off. 

Aeri entered the room and smiled awkwardly to some members inside but she looked behind at Minjeong and Jimin again. 

There, Minjeong was clinging onto Jimin left arm as Jimin's eyes never look away from Minjeong. Minjeong was whining softly about something and Jimin just chuckled at whatever Minjeong was saying before she said something and caressed Minjeong's cheek. 

Aeri saw how Minjeong let Jimin hugged her and kissed her temple before saying bye. She heard Minjeong yelled a "text me and don't flirt while I'm not around!". 

 

 

Yeah. Thinking of all the time when Minjeong with Jimin. Aeri is convinced that the feelings are mutual. 

"I have high hope, Ning. I just hope, they know what they're doing to each other." Aeri said.

"I'll be the happiest to see them together." Aeri added.

"You sound like a huge shipper." Ning scoffed.

"Can't blame me. My love radar is working efficiently on them. And now, I want to focus on my love radar for myself too. Why don't you release your tension by dating me?" Aeri asked boldly and Ning immediately chokes on her drinks. Aeri grinned. She loves the reaction she gets.

 

 

... 

 

 

"I'm tired. Can we just continue this tomorrow?"

Jimin glanced at Minjeong who just throw herself down on the couch behind Jimin who's sitting on the floor in between the couch and coffee table, typing fastly on her laptop and trying to finish up her report.

"Finish it now so you can rest and chill after." Jimin said.

"But Jimin, I want to rest now." Minjeong said then lay on her stomach before scooting over to Jimin. She put her chin on Jimin's right shoulder.

"Why are you not tired?" She asked Jimin. 

"I am. I just don't want to think about it."

"Yeah. How come you are so chill about everything?" 

"Guess I don't want to stress myself out."

"Lucky you. I wish I were you."

Jimin hummed.

Minjeong then put her hands around Jimin and rest her head on Jimin's head too.

"Your head's heavy you know." Jimin .

"Nope."

Jimin just smiled and let her be.

"Jimin. Don't you want to try dating?" Minjeong asked causing Jimin to stop typing.

"Hm. Maybe someday."

"Why not now?"

"I told you before. I'll date once you found someone who can take care of you."

Jimin then tilted her head a little to look at Minjeong. 

"How am I going to date someone peacefully knowing you're still alone? You're a baby, you know. Can't let you be alone."

"So are you just going to take care of me if I haven't found someone for me?"

"Of course. That's the plan."

Minjeong then moved away to lay down properly on the couch and sighed heavily. She looks up at the ceiling while pouting.

"What's the matter?" Jimin asked.

"It's going to be hard, Jimin."

"What is it?"

"You treat me so well and you take care of me like no one else would."

Jimin then turned around and put her elbow on the couch as she rested her head on her palm.

"So you think I treat you well?" Jimin asked.

"Yes."

"No one else did better than me?"

"Yeah."

"Then why do you keep going on that blind date, Jeongie?"

"Huh?" Minjeong looks at Jimin.

"I always told you that I'm always here, aren't I?" Jimin asked.

"I'm always here with you. I never leave you. I take care of you. I thought I'm still not enough that you went to find someone else." Jimin said.

"But, I mean, it's dating. I'm-"

"Searching for a partner. Yeah, I know." Jimin cut her off.

"But, Minjeong ah. Don't you ever try to see me as your potential lover instead of just being your best friend?"

"W-What? Yah. Why are you suddenly saying it like this?" Minjeong asked and sits up straight.

Jimin sighed and gets up to sit beside Minjeong.

"Would you be mad if I told you something I've been keeping to myself?" Jimin asked.

"What would it be?" Minjeong asked back.

Jimin grabbed Minjeong's hand and intertwined their fingers. 

"I've loved you for a long time."

"I... Don't see you as just my best friend. I want more than that."

"I'm in love with you, Kim Minjeong."

"So much that it hurts sometimes. That's why I never bother to date anyone. I'm happy to have you by my side. I just want to have you around for a long time."

Jimin looks at her and found Minjeong is already looking at her in shocked. 

"Are you seriously not aware of my feelings for you? I thought I'm being obvious already, no?" Jimin asked.

"I don't... I-" Minjeong shakes her head slowly.

"Okay. That's okay. I just, yeah. I want you to know now that I, your best friend, Yoo Jimin have been in love with you for a long time. Even until now."

"Do you not... Like, feel anything for me at all?" Jimin asked in a sad tone.

"I... Don't know, Jimin. I'm sorry." Minjeong looks down.

"Hey, it's okay. Don't worry about me. I just want you to know that I love you. That's all." Jimin tried to smile.

"But you're sad because I don't- I didn't know and I-"

"Minjeong ah. It doesn't matter. I will still be happy to have you here with me. Okay?"

"Okay..."

"Good." Jimin smiled at her.

 

 

... 

 

 

It has been a week since Jimin confessed to Minjeong. Nothing has changed. They are still the same. Jimin is still treating her the same. Its just Minjeong is now fully aware of Jimin's special treatment towards her because of her feelings involved.

Minjeong is now all the time in high alert of Jimin's behaviour around her. She noticed everything clearly now.

"Did you manage to finish all of your reports?" Jimin asked.

They were walking together now to Minjeong's class.

"Yes."

"Good then. Here we are. You'll be done in 3 hours right? Mine will be half an hour early. Do you want me to wait for you at our usual place or want me to get you here?" Jimin asked once they stopped near Minjeong's class.

"Jimin ah."

"Hm?"

"Just get me."

"Okay, I'll be here and-"

"Jimin."

"Huh?"

Minjeong looks at Jimin's hand and slowly taking her right hand, holding it with her two hands.

"Get me, Jimin. Make me yours."

"Minjeong? What- I..." Jimin chuckled nervously, trying to make sense what Minjeong meant.

"I... I think I feel the same way for you." Minjeong whispered and blushed madly.

"Hey." Jimin called her softly. She pulled Minjeong a little bit away from her class. 

"Did I hear you right just now?" She asked Minjeong.

"Yes." Minjeong replied.

"Minjeongie, are you really sure?" Jimin asked. She wants to make sure of Minjeong's feelings for her.

Minjeong lifts up her head and staring straight into Jimin's eyes. They can feel their emotion for each other just by staring. 

"I'm in love with you too, Jimin." Minjeong said.

Jimin's heart pounded so hard against her chest that it almost knock out of her. She inhaled sharply and closed her eyes before she chuckled and opened her eyes again.

"Sweetheart, you are unbelievable." Jimin said then stepped closer.

"How did you know about how you feel for me?" Jimin asked.

"I don't like the idea of you dating someone else. I don't... Want you to date anyone else. Just imagining it makes me feel sick." Minjeong said truthfully.

"And I don't want to date anyone else either. That's why I keep rejecting my blind date. I don't like them because they're not you." She added.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah..."

Jimin tried hard not to smile too wide but she can't stop herself. Her heart is flying now, she's on top of the sky.

"So, do you still want me to try dating?" Jimin asked.

"Don't..." Minjeong pouted.

Jimin chuckled and pinched Minjeong's cheek lovingly.

"But I'm in the mood to try dating. What should I do?"

"Date me?" Minjeong asked cutely.

"Are you sure about that?"

"We can try going out first then make sure of it."

"Hm. Tempting." Jimin said, fixing Minjeong's hair while still smiling.

"Jimin."

"Yes?"

Minjeong hugged Jimin's waist as she pulled her closer so Jimin wrapped her one arm around Minjeong's shoulder while her other free hand is caressing Minjeong's cheek.

"I can't lose you, Jimin." Minjeong whispered.

"No. You won't." Jimin replied and pecked Minjeong's forehead.

"I have to have you."

"You have me, Minjeong. I'm not going anywhere." Jimin said.

"I don't want you to like anyone else."

"I only see you. No one else."

"Then why don't you just date me?"

Jimin chuckled and pecked Minjeong's nose this time. She grinned when Minjeong's blushing and avoiding her eyes.

"I can do that as long as you'll stop going on a blind date."

"Okay."

"And you stop searching for someone else."

"Okay."

"And you just look at me. Focus on me."

"Okay."

"Again, are you really sure about this Minjeong? Because once you said yes, I will never let you go." Jimin told her firmly.

"Yes, Jimin." Minjeong replied, looking into Jimin's eyes.

"Okay. Good." Jimin then pulled her into a hug. Minjeong giggled happily and hugged her back.

"You're warm." Minjeong mumbled.

"You like it?"

"Very."

Jimin laughed then pulled away.

"I would love to hug you longer but I'm afraid I keep you out for long already. Go, you need to go."

"Okay. Will you be here later?"

"Of course. See you, Minjeong."

"See you." Minjeong pecked Jimin's cheek before going inside her class.

Jimin let out a sigh and leaned her head on the wall.

"I'm finally getting her." Jimin whispered to herself.

"It's real. Kim Minjeong is going to be mine." Jimin looks at Minjeong's class one more time before walking away.

"She'll be mine forever then. Can't wait to finally date my Minjeong." Jimin talked to herself as she smiled alone.