Burning Desire - Part 2

Winrina = Jiminjeong

Karina tapped her finger on her desk as she stared at the screen of her mobile phone in her other hand, she was staring at the latest picture that Winter had uploaded. She was out with her best friend, Ning Yizhuo. Karina then scrolled down and checked out her other pictures that she posted weeks ago. 

Knock knock.

"Come in."

Karina tapped on the picture that she likes. It was by far her favourite, Winter looks soft and adorable.

"So, I heard you came to see me last time, but I had to go to the other outlet for an emergency."

Karina looked up shortly to see her best friend, Aeri Uchinaga, the only heiress of Uchinaga. She then looked back at her phone, and clicked on message button.

"Yes, I wanted to discuss about our collaboration." Karina replied while frowning as she still haven't received any reply from Winter.

She was surprised when Winter finally accepted her follow request last night, so she immediately sent her a direct message, saying "It's an honoured, that you finally accepted me. Would you mind to accept me to become your date as well?"

She kept checking if Winter would reply her, but none.

"It'll be a perfect collaboration, I have prepared my team for the project." Aeri said.

"Great!" Karina finally put down her phone and looked at her best friend.

"Hey, Aeri. You will be launching your new menu soon, it's going to be at my favourite outlet, am I right?"

"Yes! The new menu will only be available at that outlet for a week, before it will be available at every outlet. Why?"

"Hm. Who will you invite this time?"

"Duh. My favourite group must be there, Aespa."

"What about a model?"

Aeri raised her eyebrows, observing Karina's calm face.

"A model?"

"Yes. Ning Yizhuo."

"Ning Yizhuo?"

"Uh huh."

Aeri squinted her eyes and stepped closer, she hummed as she tried to guess what was on Karina's mind.

"Are you interested in that model, Yoo Jimin?"

Karina rolled her eyes when her best friend started using her birth name.

"No, I am not."

"Oh. Don't you lie to me. You have never suggested anyone, and you never care."

Karina laughed, she had to admit that Aeri was right.

"It's not Ning Yizhuo, Aeri ya."

"Not her?" Aeri frowned.

"No. Not her."

"Then who?"

Karina leaned her back against her swivel chair and sighed dreamily as a certain face invaded her mind.

"Her best friend."

"And who the hell is Ning Yizhuo's best friend?" Aeri asked.

Karina spun herself around as she hums happily, remembering Winter's eyes when they met hers.

"Winter Kim."

"What?"

"Winter Kim, the youngest member of The Kim Family. That Winter Kim, favourite grandchild of Kim Minhee."

"That wealthy heiress??? Your enemy, The Lee's great son's girlfriend?"

"Yes." Karina smiled.

"Are you crazy?"

"Maybe I am, and how did you know about her relationship with Jeno? I thought their relationship was strictly private, and I remembered to never mention about it to you." Karina said.

"I'm Aeri. Every gossips must go through me before the rest of the world knows." 

Karina scoffed at her best friend's sassy attitude. It's true though. Her best friend was best at keeping up to date what was happening lately, especially when it involved the business world and the people in it. 

"Well, the main point here is, I want you to invite Winter Kim."

Aeri rolled her eyes seeing Karina's business tone. She knows that Karina can be stubborn and persistent at times.

"Fine, I will invite her."

"Make sure that she is not allowed to bring a plus one."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

Aeri opened to say something, but decided to not to when she saw how determined Karina look.

"Is this one of your plans with the revenge? She's Winter Kim, she's precious to her family. You're going to get into a big trouble, and I might not be there to save you. I don't want to deal with The Kim, Karina."

Karina chuckled, she remembered bumping into Kim Minhee on purpose. She was confident that she managed to get on her good side and charmed her during their first meeting.

"Karina?"

Karina looked at Aeri who was looking confused.

"I won't hurt her, Aeri."

"Then, why is she involved in this plan of yours?"

"Well, I might have a little crush on her." Karina smirked.

"You don't do crush, Karina. Don't fool me."

"You're right, I don't. Then, I have to tell you, that I am very much interested in her that I don't think I can stay still doing nothing."

"She's-" Aeri closed her eyes as she took her breath before looking at Karina again.

"She's your enemy's girlfriend."

"And I'm not going to let this be forever."

"Karina."

"Aeri Uchinaga. She will be mine. Trust me."

"Okay, and you're not going to hurt her." Aeri raised a forefinger at Karina and stared at her sternly.

"That's not going to happen."

"Good, because I maintain a good relationship with The Kim."

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Karina walked in with confidence into the Uchinaga's restaurant, ignoring the flashes of cameras. She has everything planned already for tonight, and her goal was only one, to make sure of getting Winter Kim's attention.

Many business people tried to greet her as she was the raising young businesswoman, creating a connection with her would benefit them. However, Karina does not want to entertain any of them, which was not a surprise, considering how she builds her reputation as a strict business woman.

Karina saw Aeri near the bar counter, she gestured her that she will come and see her later. Aeri only nodded and let Karina be.

Karina then walked further and went to the corner, the coziest spot. Bingo!

She saw Winter was standing not too far from her grandmother, Kim Minhee. Yes, Karina asked Aeri to invite the head of The Kim Family as it was a part of her plan as well. 

"Good evening, Madam Kim. It's great seeing you again." Karina approached her and greeted her warmly, which earned her attentions from people nearby.

"Oh, Karina Yoo! You're here as well!" Minhee was delighted to see her, and Karina cheered in her head.

Karina chuckled as she hugged the older woman and smiled once they pulled away. While Winter couldn't believe that Karina knows her beloved grandmother.

"How are you, dear?"

"I'm good, just busy with work. Same old. How about you? Oh, did you have a secret drink? Why do I find you looking prettier than ever, Madam Kim?" Karina chuckled when Minhee laughed lovingly at her flirty remarks.

"You and your sweet words. Careful, you might get a broken heart if you continue to flirt with me. I am old, and loyal to my late husband." Minhee teased.

"Oh, no. No one can compare to Sir Kim, of course. I know my place." Karina winked, and Minhee laughed again.

"Smart." Minhee grinned.

"Dear, come, I'll introduce you to my precious grandchild."

Karina kept smiling and watched how Winter hesitated to come closer, she was reluctant when Minhee pulled her.

"Winter Kim, my beautiful grandchild. Meet Karina Yoo, she's the youngest and successful business woman." Minhee introduced them happily.

Karina's bright eyes met Winter's round eyes, Karina stares deeply at her before she took a step forward. Minhee nudged Winter to be polite and reminded her how to greet a person. Karina watched as Winter bowed her head slightly and slowly raised her hand to offer a handshake.

Karina decided to be herself in front of both Winter and Minhee. She held Winter's hand gently, raising her hand and pecked her knuckles softly, enjoying Winter's eyes widened at her gesture and how she gasped the moment Karina's lips touched her skin.

"Hi, Winter Kim. You look beautiful." Karina said in all honesty, eyes still staring at her. Winter cleared and pulled her hand from Karina.

Kim Minhee was watching the whole scene with surprised, but amused at Karina's endless flirty side, even to her grandchild.

"I have to warn you again, my dear. Unfortunately, she's seeing someone." Minhee told her, sighing a little. 

Karina tilted her head, she could tell that Minhee wasn't that happy with Winter's relationship.

"Ah. I see. That's too bad, because she got me wrapped around her fingers already." Karina chuckled, not even bothered with the information as she had known about it already.

Minhee only shook her head at Karina's words, thinking if she was just flirting for fun. She then asked Karina to join her meeting some people. Karina wouldn't say no, obviously. She's going to win Minhee's heart, before she wins Winter's heart. Karina offered her arm for Minhee to hold as they walked to meet other business people. Winter followed from behind, but kept her distance.

People were surprised to see Karina being lovely with Kim Minhee as she was known with her straight or poker face. Everyone can tell, that Kim Minhee is already attached to Karina like she was her own grandchild. The way she treats Karina was the same like how she always treats Winter, her favourite grandchild.

"Oh, Minjeongie! Come here."

Karina glanced behind when Minhee called for her. Minhee let go of Karina's arm to pull Winter in between them. Karina only looked at Winter as Minhee talked to the businessman about her grandchild, and Winter only smiled shyly.

"Aren't you lucky, Madam Kim? Your grandchild is very pretty." The old man said and laughed.

"I am. She is my pride."

Karina then stood closer until their shoulders touched which made Winter stiffened. Karina leaned in, tilting her head to look at Winter's face. She took this chance to finally achieve her goal since Minhee is busy talking to someone else already.

"Minjeongie? Your birth name?"

"Yes." Winter answered her coldly, quietly.

"Kim Minjeongie?"

"Kim Minjeong." Winter replied, gritting her teeth and tried to step away from Karina.

Yet, Karina kept getting closer, making her to frown while Karina only smiled at her.

"Minjeong."

"Don't call me that."

"Why?"

"Only my family and Ning can call me that."

"Why?"

Winter glared at her, getting annoyed already. Karina chuckled and nodded her head.

"Okay, fine by me. I'll wait until I can call you by your birth name, sweetheart." Karina whispered.

"Don't call me that as well."

"You have to make up your mind, baby. It's either the endearment or Minjeongie." Karina smirked when Winter bit her bottom lip, sighing in annoyance at her.

Unknown to them, Ning who have arrived not too long ago, saw the whole interaction. Hm, interesting.

"Dear, would you mind accompany Minjeongie for a while? I'm going to meet some more people." Minhee said to Karina.

"G-Grandma! I'm fi-"

"Gladly, Madam Kim. Winter is in good hands." Karina winked and wrapped her hand fully around Winter's waist this time.

Minhee glanced at Karina's hand and only watched with interest when her grandchild just let her, despite of her subtle glare which she noticed. Minhee laughed, shaking her head and told Winter to not mingle around with the wrong people before she excused herself with the businessman.

"Let go of me." Winter gritted her teeth and tried to pry off Karina's hand.

"Sweetheart, I have an important mission here. Your beloved grandmother asked me to look after you, and I am not going to disappoint her."

"What's your relation with my grandmother?" Winter asked, suddenly curious.

"Why? Are you jealous? Don't be. Your grandmother is beautiful too, but I only got my eyes on you."

"You're speaking nonsense."

Karina chuckled, she poked Winter's cheek after Winter puffed them. Winter turned her head faster and glared at her again.

"Since I don't want to keep a secret from you. I will tell you." Karina said.

"Tell me what?"

"Your grandmother is going to love me so much."

"Pfft."

"And she will ask you to marry me instead."

"That's old school. We don't do that anymore."

"True." But soon, Minhee is going to find out everything about Jeno and his father. She's not going to let her favourite grandchild become a family with someone like them.

"Believe me. Your grandmother will ask you to marry me, or ask me to marry you. We just have to wait and see, sweetheart."

"You're delusional. I'm going to Ning."

Winter was about to walk away, but Karina grabbed her wrist and pulled her into her body.

"Yah."

Karina leaned her face closer and her eyes staring into Winter's eyes dangerously. She loosened her hold around Winter's wrist, but still holding her securely.

"You'll be mine. I'll make you mine, Winter Kim." Karina whispered.

There's something inside Karina's eyes that screams danger, her heart was pounding and she couldn't breath. Winter hissed, pushed Karina slightly before stomping towards Ning. Karina's smirk remained on her face as her eyes still followed Winter.

While going towards Ning, a deep frown appeared on Winter's face as she put her palm against her chest. She shook her head and let out a heavy sigh, wishing that Jeno would be able to spend time with her tomorrow.

"Spare her. You're only going to push her further. Don't force it." Karina glanced at Aeri who suddenly appeared beside her.

"I know what I'm doing. I can't let Jeno propose to her. I have to be fast." Karina crossed her arms.

"You are set to break them up."

"No. I am determined to make Winter mine."

Aeri looked at her best friend carefully, there's something new from her. Karina had never been this passionate and obsessed with someone, until Winter Kim.

"Just be careful."

"I'm going to keep coming to her, Aeri. Until all she can see is only me."

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Karina gripped the edge of her desk tightly, her jaw clenched. She had just received a call from her private informant. Jeno had bought a new set of engagement rings. She closed her eyes, and a serene face of Winter filled her mind once again. Winter's dimples, Winter's smile, just Winter.

Karina stood up straight. She pulled out a paper from her drawer and glared at it.

"I guess, it's time to be the real villain in your life, Lee."

Karina grabbed her phone and went to sit on her couch. She dialled a number and put the phone into her ear.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Set an appointment with all of the clients, I'll convince them one by one."

"Sure, ma'am. What about Ms Hwang?"

"I'll come and see her once I'm done with all of the investors."

"Noted, ma'am."

Karina hung up.

She stares blankly at the empty wall. She held onto her necklace, her 17th birthday gift from her late father. Up until this day, she couldn't forget her father's last words when he kept falling sick.

"Jimin ah. Your mother, do not ever leave her side. Take care of her like how you would take care of your heart. And Uncle Yoo, my younger brother, he may look tough in front of us all, but he was still a maknae. He's fragile, and I want you to promise me, that you will keep him happy too. Take care of my brother and my wife, Jimin ah. You're my only hope now."

Karina smiled as she saw her father's face in her head.

"I got you, dad."

Her father's will was to have her uncle helped in managing the company until Karina reaches 18 years old, so her uncle was the one who trained her and taught her a lot of things. He spent his time in helping Karina, that he did not get to do anything about his own company. It was also because he has given up since everyone turned their back against him. It was all because of the lies that Jeno's father has spread.

Karina witnessed how her uncle got depressed over time, as it was a company that he had worked hard for, with his late wife, and it was the only thing his late wife left for him as a memory.

"I'll take it back. YJ Corporation is now at the top, and I've got everyone in the palm of my hands. I'll kick them out from your company, uncle Yoo. I'm going to start by making the clients to cut their deals with Lee."

Then Karina remembered Winter, a small smile appeared on her face.

"And I'll make you fall hard for me, Winter Kim. That you won't even have to feel brokenhearted once you have to break up with that jerk. I'll make sure to protect your heart."